Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 8th April 2012, 12:48   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Swimming with the fishes - Scuba Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Doing that certificate course would be the thing to do I guess, I think I wont be satisfied with a few of those few minutes sessions.
Thank you for sharing.
But, even after the certificate course, you can't dive unsupervised. It's only when you're an expert diver that you get to dive as you will.

Plus, eventually you have to get equipment like air tank, fins etc. from the diving school. And it ain't that cheap you know. The certified expert divers who'd come along during our dive paid 5k for 2, 30-min dives.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th April 2012 at 12:51.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 13:30   #32
BHPian

Hello, Could you share the info, where we will get underwater camera for rent, in Bangalore ?
ashlyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 15:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tbhpians!!! its great to know (surly not surprising, all of us are adventurous in out own ways) that we have a few members with this interest also on our forum.

Just FYI we have started a Facebook Group - Scuba Divers Club - India (SDCI) to nurture and grow this culture in India. We intend to plan scuba trips and discuss personal experiences on this FB page. (this is not a commercial venture)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176593139211101/

We already have experienced/certified scuba divers from India on this group and also aspiring divers who are motivated and intend to be a part of the magical underwater world.

You are most welcome to PM me or directly join this page on FB.

Rgds
Kaushik Manghani

Link to the original post on our forum.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3282082 (Scuba Diving Info)

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 1st November 2013 at 15:34.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 22:31   #34
BHPian

The rates for a day`s diving looks very competitive though here in Philippines its the equivalent of INR 3800 for 2 dives+ 1 training dive+ Lunch+ Equipment. We get full body-suit,umlimited cylinders,Googles, flippers- the lot. The corals of course will leave you stunned and at Coron you can dive along wrecks of Jap warships. Uploading a photo here to give you an idea of the scene here. It feels great to know that the diving scene is picking up in India, though after speaking to the Dive Masters I realise that diving is best done at places far away from river-mouths cause of the silting effect which affects visibility massively and effectively covers up any and everything worth looking at.
Attached Thumbnails
Swimming with the fishes - Scuba Diving-p2050101-1280x960.jpg  

Swimming with the fishes - Scuba Diving-p2050087-1280x960.jpg  

Last edited by Yamahead : 9th November 2013 at 22:34. Reason: Wanted to add more info.
Yamahead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 11:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
But, even after the certificate course, you can't dive unsupervised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Hi Tbhpians!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahead View Post
The rates for a day`s diving looks very competitive though here in Philippines its the equivalent of INR 3800 for 2 dives+ 1 training dive+ Lunch+ Equipment.
Hello,

I am have been interested in going underwater for quite some time but there is one thing I am not sure of - What about people who wear spectacles? I have a power of -5 in both eyes and wanted to know whether it is possible for me to take a dive? I know you guys might not wear spectacles but if you could share any information it would be great.
Saanil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 20:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hello,

I am have been interested in going underwater for quite some time but there is one thing I am not sure of - What about people who wear spectacles? I have a power of -5 in both eyes and wanted to know whether it is possible for me to take a dive? .
You need to wear mask with corrective lenses. There are prescription dive masks. It need not be exact match with your land prescription. I am very short sighted, -7.25 and -6.75. I use a prescription mask with -7 in both eyes and it works perfectly. Now the question as to where you will get the mask in India, I have no idea. I bought it from USA and it was around $75.
acurafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 10:42   #37
BHPian

Can the members share budget places for stay in Murudeshwar/ around ?
LonelyPlanet is online now   Reply With Quote