Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 20th May 2012, 12:52   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
A few places before Chamrajanagar, the road is quite narrow. At one place a bus coming in the opposite direction had to reverse quite a bit. I could not reverse as there was a long convoy behind me.
Tell me about it. That becomes a really funny scenario sometimes if you are driving on that particular stretch for the first time. You are nicely cruising on the wide road when all of a sudden the road becomes quite narrow with houses on both sides of the road so close that if a guy jumps out from his house he might land on the bonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Re the other thing on Pugmarks restaurant - it resembles an overcrowded "dharma chatra" these days esp weekends : people are willing to stand and eat and rush as there is no other place in the vicinity for good food. All services around the Bandipur-Ooty-Coonoor section are severly stretched.
You can also try the restaurant in Country Club Bandipur which is not quite far from JLR and its quite good too. The only thing is you might need to travel some 2-3 kms inside from the main Bandipur road.
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 14:45   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty

Fauji sir, very well written and hatsoff to m'am who has captured the beauty in all its might.

Your travelogue was of great help in holiday planning for ooty
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 09:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue. When we went to see Emerald lake, we did not find any entry to the lake bank other than from the Dam. Is there any way to get to the lake bank? I see that your pictures are taken from a different spot.

We accessed the lake bank from the exit at the end of the dam. But the security came and asked us to leave as wild animals access the lake bank. But I could see people from nearby village accessing the lake bank.

The view of the lake was worth the travel from Ooty by spending half a day.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 23:35   #64
BHPian

Fauji sir,
Thanks a bunch for such a wonderful blogs. Based on this thread and information else where, decided to stay in red hill. I was lucky that it had just rained few days before our visit and the lake was full!

Few random pics from my side...

Pristine Emerald Lake
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1766.jpg

Next 3 pics from PorthiMund Lake. "Roja" was shot here...
Sunset is supposed to be breathtaking from here. But was unlucky as it was cloudy.
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1812.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1813.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1821.jpg

Cold morning sky/clouds just before sun rise.
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1845.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1850.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1851.jpg

Sun is around the corner...
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1952.jpg

Emerald lake turns orange due to reflection from the warm sky
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1957.jpg

sun is out...
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1979.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1980.jpg

pristine view from red hills...
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty-img_1991.jpg
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 15:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Fauji sir,
Thanks a bunch for such a wonderful blogs. Based on this thread and information else where, decided to stay in red hill. I was lucky that it had just rained few days before our visit and the lake was full!
Thank you!! The pictures are lovely!! Glad to know you had a great trip.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote