Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th April 2012, 10:53   #16
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Yet another roadtrip - Hyderabad to Gangtok

Nice narration Jose. More photograph please !!!

I have been planning Delhi - Darjeeling-Gangtok trip , had not yet materialised. May be soon hope so. Your TL will be a good reference.

Do you have the log summary which give the time between destination for your trip ?
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 16:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Amazing story there! More than you two guys. kudos goes to your families who chugged along and chose to live in car while on the drive!
That is one fantastic effort.
For the last five years both our families have done every single trip in cars; cant remember when we last boarded a train or plane. If you love driving, there are several advantages in doing long drives - no planning, no booking, no packing, no waiting, no dropping, no schedule etc. etc. I guess my folks will curse me if I want to take a break and travel by train etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Nice narration Jose. More photograph please !!!

I have been planning Delhi - Darjeeling-Gangtok trip , had not yet materialised. May be soon hope so. Your TL will be a good reference.

Do you have the log summary which give the time between destination for your trip ?
We used a trip log provided by HVK; in fact that log was so accurate; you wouldn't need a GPS device. Nevertheless I shall combine a day to day summary which may be of help and shall also share HVK trp log ans more photos.

Cheers and make that trip soon..if you could plan for a week in Sikkim - that would be tops.
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 18:24   #18
BHPian

A nice travelogue, though I think it didn't do justice to the magnitude of travel you did. More details would have been made it even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
If you love driving, there are several advantages in doing long drives - no planning, no booking, no packing, no waiting, no dropping, no schedule etc. etc. I guess my folks will curse me if I want to take a break and travel by train etc.
Agreed. I follow the same philosophy. What I like the most is the freedom it offers you, especially while traveling with kids.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 21:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
For the last five years both our families have done every single trip in cars; cant remember when we last boarded a train or plane. If you love driving, there are several advantages in doing long drives - no planning, no booking, no packing, no waiting, no dropping, no schedule etc. etc. I guess my folks will curse me if I want to take a break and travel by train etc.
Exactly my preference too! I've done most of the trips from Hyd by car, to places like Vizag, Tirupati, Hampi, Jog Falls, Goa, Shirde, Ajanta, Ellora, etc.

However I've not been lucky in the recent years as the 4 of us in the family are finding it tough to match our vacations.

By the way, to make life easy, I need not scribble my mobile on the dusty bonnet. I'll let you know on Monday---till then let the suspense build up.

Please do post more pictures of your trip.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote