Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:39   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

I saw a couple of boards saying Kadamane's Sinnadorai Bungalow on NH75 (old NH48) after Sakaleshpur a couple of days back when I was returning from Mangalore. It seems there is another Sinnadorai bungalow in Kadamane estate. Both the Annamalai and Kadamane estates are owned by the same company I.e. Murugappa Group, so I guess they might be expanding their range of guest houses. I did not find any information on the net about this though.

I have been to Kadamane estate a few times and there are quite a few bungalows in awesome locations. I have not stayed there overnight though. It is good that they are opening up this place for the public
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 22:49   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I saw a couple of boards saying Kadamane's Sinnadorai Bungalow on NH75 (old NH48) after Sakaleshpur a couple of days back when I was returning from Mangalore. It seems there is another Sinnadorai bungalow in Kadamane estate. Both the Annamalai and Kadamane estates are owned by the same company I.e. Murugappa Group, so I guess they might be expanding their range of guest houses. I did not find any information on the net about this though.

I have been to Kadamane estate a few times and there are quite a few bungalows in awesome locations. I have not stayed there overnight though. It is good that they are opening up this place for the public
Addy, you are correct. Kadamane also belongs to Parry group. They have a bungalow. I spoke to Mr Carriappa, the manager to check about this last month. He said it is under renovation and will open in next two months. They may possibly open it after rains. BTW, i dont know why they should name this also as "Sinnadorai Bungalow" as the bungalow is located in Karnataka and it will be apt to call it "Chikka Sahebra Bungalow"
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:31   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Addy, you are correct. Kadamane also belongs to Parry group. They have a bungalow. I spoke to Mr Carriappa, the manager to check about this last month. He said it is under renovation and will open in next two months. They may possibly open it after rains. BTW, i dont know why they should name this also as "Sinnadorai Bungalow" as the bungalow is located in Karnataka and it will be apt to call it "Chikka Sahebra Bungalow"
I guess they will open it after the rains. Kadamane is beautiful during the rains though.

There is a large Tamil influence within the estate as there is a large Tamilian population inside the estate. These are mostly labourers who have been brought in to work in the estate. It could be one reason or maybe the company wants to create a brand called 'Sinnadorai'.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 12:13   #64
BHPian
 
Damu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
...The tariff in Sinna Dorai is Rs 6.5 K per night per room including all meals. It is a value for money without any doubt...
Valparai is an unexplored and unspoilt beauty. Hope it remains so for some time...
We had a wonderful experience in Sinna Dorai Bungalow. If you want to have a typical "Planter's bungalow experience" in all its glory, this is the place. We will definitely return after monsoons.
Another super travelogue from you Fauji! Many thanks for sharing. We are planning a trip and this will provide ample help for our planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
..
Also, while returning, there is a way to avoid Avinashi.
Pollachi-Palldam-Kangeyam-Perundurai.
Hi Ampere,

How is the Bangalore - Mettur - Bhavani - Perundurai road now? I used to drive this very often about 15 years ago while working in Palani. Mettur town road was a real mess in those days. For the rest, it was a beautiful drive, much more enjoyable than the big highway is now.
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 12:38   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi Ampere,
How is the Bangalore - Mettur - Bhavani - Perundurai road now? I used to drive this very often about 15 years ago while working in Palani. Mettur town road was a real mess in those days. For the rest, it was a beautiful drive, much more enjoyable than the big highway is now.
Not at all worth taking now @Damu.

Its better to go via the four lane. Since the 4-lane happened its much-much easier to take the road via Salem rather than Mettur/Bhavani.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 19:19   #66
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Folks,

Can someone PM me the contact # for Sinnadorai's Bunglow? Planning to visit Valaparai with family and wanted to check availability.

Thanks in Advance.

Kiran
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 15:00   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,617
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Folks,

Can someone PM me the contact # for Sinnadorai's Bunglow? Planning to visit Valaparai with family and wanted to check availability.

Thanks in Advance.

Kiran
All that you need to do is google up Sinnadorai.

http://sinnadorai.com/
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 11:02   #68
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Friends,

Glad to let you know that we have finally booked our stay at Valparai next week. I have gone through the posts and would appreciate if you can let me know on list of specific places / safari that we can visit in Valparai.

1) Visit to Athirapally waterfalls is on our list:

Needed more information on directions from Sholayar dam and also on the
road conditions leading up to Athirapally waterfalls.

Is it doable in honda city (ANHC) that has low GC ?

How long would it take to return back to Valparai if we start at 7AM hoping to be back by 2PM for lunch.


2) Suggestions on other places of visit during our 3 nights stay at Valparai would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Kiran
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 13:55   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Friends,

Glad to let you know that we have finally booked our stay at Valparai next week. I have gone through the posts and would appreciate if you can let me know on list of specific places / safari that we can visit in Valparai.

1) Visit to Athirapally waterfalls is on our list:

Needed more information on directions from Sholayar dam and also on the
road conditions leading up to Athirapally waterfalls.

Is it doable in honda city (ANHC) that has low GC ?
It is a normal road, with some rough sections, no problems for any car.
From Valparai, it is one straight road via Malakkiparai, Sholayar, Peringalkuthu & Vazhachal to Athirapalli.

Quote:
How long would it take to return back to Valparai if we start at 7AM hoping to be back by 2PM for lunch.
Valparai-Athirapalli should take you upto 3 hours oneway.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 13:48   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Thanks for the lovely travelogue and information Fauji and everyone.Making a trip to Sinnadorai from 5th to 7th Nov,2013-Planning to take Bangalore-Salem-Erode-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Pollachi-Vaiparai route.And visit to Athirapally is on the cards as well.

Will update on return-Thanks
subbu567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 22:28   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 469
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post
Thanks for the lovely travelogue and information Fauji and everyone.Making a trip to Sinnadorai from 5th to 7th Nov,2013-Planning to take Bangalore-Salem-Erode-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Pollachi-Vaiparai route.And visit to Athirapally is on the cards as well.

Will update on return-Thanks
Keep an entire day if you want to visit Athirapally from Valparai. Have a nice trip, its a good place to relax.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 19:17   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues :- Beat the heat II - Escape to Sinnadorai's Bungalow in Valp

Have been reading all the posts on Valparai but never got accommodation whenever i wanted to travel. Finally i am visiting Valparai next week, i have got booking done in Waterfall estate Indraprastha. The travelogues have really been great.

Had a quick question on what mobile network works in Valparai apart from BSNL. As i am going with Family and its important to have some connectivity in case of any issues.
Dushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 05:57   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Have been reading all the posts on Valparai but never got accommodation whenever i wanted to travel. Finally i am visiting Valparai next week, i have got booking done in Waterfall estate Indraprastha. The travelogues have really been great. Had a quick question on what mobile network works in Valparai apart from BSNL. As i am going with Family and its important to have some connectivity in case of any issues.
Airtel and Vodafone both work in sinnadorai bungalow ,but only at few corners.waterfall I think is much before this,hence you may want to check with the estate managers.
subbu567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fauji's Drivologues: Charming Chettinad - Magnificent Mansions & Mouth Watering Menus Fauji Travelogues 53 23rd August 2016 11:05
Dizzy Drive® : Wonderful Valparai (enchanted by Sinnadorai's Bungalow) and more! NPV Travelogues 42 9th March 2016 19:43
Fauji's Drivologues:- Beat the heat - A quick escape to Red Hills, Ooty Fauji Travelogues 64 29th September 2014 15:32
Fauji’s Drivologues – Chasing Mango showers in WAYANAD and MALNAD! Fauji Travelogues 27 17th November 2011 14:01
Fauji's Drivologues : Magical Mountainscapes - A Pictorial ode to Ladakh! Fauji Travelogues 31 2nd August 2011 13:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:12.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks