Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 8th June 2012, 17:34   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Self Drive Holiday MP Trip: Khajuraho - Panna

Some great shots, such photologues are always a visual delight. By the way any idea on the road condition from Sagar - Khajuraho - Kanha
ADI_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 18:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Changeable Hawk & Nightjar the best. Photograph of a Nightjar feeding its chick a rarity.

I thought you would continue your Pench travelogue here itself..
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 11:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Some great shots, such photologues are always a visual delight. By the way any idea on the road condition from Sagar - Khajuraho - Kanha
Thanks man. Unfortunately i had to turn back from Khajuraho itself so cant give you the road conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Changeable Hawk & Nightjar the best. Photograph of a Nightjar feeding its chick a rarity.

I thought you would continue your Pench travelogue here itself..
Thank you sir. I decided to end this thread here, because "this trip" ended here. Also, i stayed in Pench for 4 days - so a lot of pics
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 13:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post

Finally with all the bookings done it was a long wait for the trip to start. On May 19th early morning we started from home towards Khajuraho (some 580 kms) at around 5.30 am.

The roads were good and my recently bought MMI guided us expertly through Sohna and Palwal to hit NH2. We wanted to avoid rush at Agra and Dholpur as I was warned that it would take us a long time if we get there at peak times. Normally when we drive - we dont do a lot of stops. Wifey had packed some sandwiches and some paneer chilly rolls together with other tit-bits to munch on and so we made good time and crossed Agra by 8.30 or so.

We broke for lunch at Gwalior and finally reached our Hotel at around 6 pm in Khajuraho.
I am planning a road trip from Delhi to Khajuraho.
Can you tell me which route did you take for Khajuraho? It took you around 11 hours from Gurgaon to Khajuraho.
ank.nsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2014, 14:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
I am planning a road trip from Delhi to Khajuraho.
Can you tell me which route did you take for Khajuraho? It took you around 11 hours from Gurgaon to Khajuraho.
the route that i took was -

Gurgaon - Sohna - Palwal - NH2 - Agra - Gwalior - Jhansi - Khajuraho

But i guess, being in Faridabad - you will directly get onto NH2 for Agra.

At that time, the road condition from Gurgaon till Gwalior was good. We reached Gwalior around 1 pm. Broke for lunch in Gwalior and then continued towards Khajuraho.

Gwalior - Jhansi section was a nightmare and that is what took a lot of our time. After Jhansi, the roads were again ok.
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote