Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 13th June 2012, 19:44   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Malnad Odyssey - Scenic Drives through the Western Ghats in Karnataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
Planning to drive to Sringeri Horanadu and Thirthahalli this weekend

1) Is it safe to drive during the monsoons ?
2) What are the best stay options in Sringeri or Chikmaglur ?
3) Can a Ford Fiesta take on these roads ?
1 )Yes its is safe. I presume you car has ABS. Nevertheless, there are some stretches with very low shoulders and narrow tarmac. Watch out for people who do not yield !

2) Sringeri has many lodges now. The whole road is now packed with lodges, but getting accomodation is challenging as always. I recommend Thotadur Yatri Nivas in Kalasa.

3 ) Yes, a Ford Fiesta can handle these roads. Check your spare before you leave.
raghunandanj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 14:31   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Malnad Odyssey - Scenic Drives through the Western Ghats in Karnataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghunandanj View Post
1 )Yes its is safe. I presume you car has ABS. Nevertheless, there are some stretches with very low shoulders and narrow tarmac. Watch out for people who do not yield !

2) Sringeri has many lodges now. The whole road is now packed with lodges, but getting accomodation is challenging as always. I recommend Thotadur Yatri Nivas in Kalasa.

3 ) Yes, a Ford Fiesta can handle these roads. Check your spare before you leave.

I drover to Sringeri Agumbe and back. It was amazing to drive through the winding hills and green valleys. Roads are still good and not damaged due to rains. Thanks for your tips.

Stayed at Advaith Lancer in Sringeri. Good but slightly expensive.
speedkrish is offline   Reply With Quote