Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st June 2012, 16:21   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Vesta Tours and Travels - Solo motorcycle tour:Glimpses of Maharashtra in Seven S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
35 years later….
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

‘Grandpa, look! Daddy gave me a bicycle! I am going to explore all the of neighbourhood now!’

‘That’s good, kid. Did your daddy give you a helmet too? I will gift you one today evening.’

‘Great! Grandpa, Daddy was telling that you were a motorcyclist in your days?’

‘So what happened afterwards? Did you win?’

‘Well…’
good one. I am sure, these are memories worth cherishing for long time. Congratulations for completing the trip.
nacd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:47   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Vesta Tours and Travels - Solo motorcycle tour:Glimpses of Maharashtra in Seven S

Mr Ani!!.. You have earned a huge fan! Respect!

The travelogue is simply awesome! The concept is crisp perfect and the passion!!! Your passion is what wins it for me! Thats an amazing trip in the first place accompanied with photos and the writing. I love your style of writing. The intro before each chapter, the description of each little incident, the history behind each place and penning down if your thought process along side! Its pure, genuine and soulful! Cheers. Incredible job.

I am a biker and wanderer myself (Thunderbird). I'm sure you have touched the hidden biker inside many more reading this!
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:58   #18
BHPian

I enjoyed going through your travel experience. Photographs are really good, very well composed & V.Good - it speaks for itself.
Its defintely adventurous drive on a bike. Glad all went well....Keep it up my friend...
cheers
vel
Velmurugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:57   #19
BHPian

Congrats Aniruddha on completing the awesome trip. It thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience. Plus also got to know new places in MH.

By the way when are you going on your next trip
ankurvirmani19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Superb and Inspiring. You have rekindled the biking passion. Excellent Travelogue and Maharashtra shown in a very beautifull way. Hats off to you. Reading this is making me miss my bike (CBZ). Maybe someday i too shall get a bike and start off.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:04   #21
BHPian

Great Narrative!! You have earned one more fan!
Having stayed in Pune for 20+ years, I havent visited all the places you did over a few days. You have strengthened my resolve to travel to many such wonderful places within MH!
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Each suggestion and comment goes a long way to boost the writer's spirit!
Hello Aniruddha,

A big Congrats on travelling 1000 kms in Maharashtra on your Bike in 7 days.

Just like you I am also a avid Biker since last 7 years & even after owning a Car since past two years, I have not given away my bike. I still use my bike as fas as possible.

I sincerely appreciate your safe riding message & truly follow the same. I too believe that if driven safely, bike is a spectacular instrument to explore new places.

Yes. You have motivated me to undertake long tours on Bike. My personal record is riding from Murud (Janjira) to Mumbai in 2007 on my Bajaj Pulsar 150.

I would like to know about your food intake during these 7 days (& during your previous bike tours). Do you eat the normal everyday meals during these days? or increase intake of carbohydrates to give you extra energy to sustain?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 15:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

@Selfdrive, nacd80, Velmurugan, Desmosedici, shreeps: Thanks for your wishes and readership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Mr Ani!!.. You have earned a huge fan! Respect!...I'm sure you have touched the hidden biker inside many more reading this!
Thanks for the detailed review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
By the way when are you going on your next trip
Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
I would like to know about your food intake during these 7 days (& during your previous bike tours). Do you eat the normal everyday meals during these days? or increase intake of carbohydrates to give you extra energy to sustain?
I ate all the local specialities The distances were not so much to consider any special diets. And I have a good stomach to digest almost anything, so no special care was taken. In Konkan area, many times you will find that hotels would rather have a short menu for a small duration of time, so the items will be fresh. I only watched for my water intake, which was planned to avoid any possible dehydration, and made sure the water was either purified or Bisleri.

Can I request the readers to add the ratings to this travelogue, by clicking on stars on the top left of this thread?

Last edited by ani_meher : 26th June 2012 at 16:03.
ani_meher is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 16:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Loved reading through your experience. Thanks to you, I have discovered some places that I have never been to and could go to. I only wish I too could do it on a bike like you did. But fat chance that my family will agree to that.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 23:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Day 3 – King of the forts, fort of the Kings
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Lot of policemen and women were on duty. Why, you ask? Well, there is a statue of a dog near Shivaji Samadhi. It is said to be Shivaji’s loyal dog, which jumped in Shivaji’s burning pyre.

Now, one caste organization is saying that this isn’t so, and this statue is to be removed or broken.
Today the statue is finally removed by force :( Its samadhi is destroyed and the statue is thrown into the valley.
ani_meher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:06   #26
lsp
BHPian

Amazing account of the 7 days across maharashtra. Haviong stayed in Bombay for some time it helped me relive the memories of raigarh trek that I did with friends and the Mahabaleshwar trip with the project team on successful implementation. Lovely photographs too.

This just had me ROTFL
Quote:
‘Just one? But here we give rooms only to couples.’
‘Oh, come on! Where will I find a girl at this time now?’
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 14:40   #27
BHPian

This trip log is amazing.

I want to do this route some day when the weather is cool in Maharashtra.

Will consult you.

Fantastic!
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote