Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 6th January 2014, 15:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A small drive : Delhi to Vizag & back (via Ahmedabad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Started from Faridabad at 3am and was in Nagpur at 4pm.
13 hours b/w Nagpur and Faridabad is great timing! That means one can do Bangalore - NCR through the N-S corridor in 2 days.

I might go to Corbett in Apr, now I am tempted to drive down. Can I do Nagpur - Corbett in one day in your opinion without passing though Noida? I can always plan to do a 17-18 hr drive through the Nagpur - Noida - Moradabad route, but am wondering whether there is a better route, without getting stuck in horrendous UP traffic.
nilanjanray is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 13:48   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
13 hours b/w Nagpur and Faridabad is great timing! That means one can do Bangalore - NCR through the N-S corridor in 2 days.

I might go to Corbett in Apr, now I am tempted to drive down. Can I do Nagpur - Corbett in one day in your opinion without passing though Noida? I can always plan to do a 17-18 hr drive through the Nagpur - Noida - Moradabad route, but am wondering whether there is a better route, without getting stuck in horrendous UP traffic.

Yes it is possible. I had done it in 2011 april - left bangalore at about 1.00 p.m. was in hyderabad by 8.00 p.m. Left early morning next day- via nagapur came via bhopal- rested in bhopal on the next night and drove down from bhopal to delhi the next day. if one avoids the bhopal bit, nagpur -ncr is doable in one day.
srinathv7861 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 12:43   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Coming from Nagpur probably the best bet would be Aligarh - Moradabad - Ramnagar. Avoiding Noida/Delhi totally

OR from Greater Noida - end of Taj Expressway proceed to Sikanderabad - Hapur - Moradabad

Additional point I would keep in mind not to travel a night before or after full moon. All "ghats" along Ganga river become crowded with pilgrims and inevitable jams follow.
sudev is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote