Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th June 2012, 12:24   #1
Cool Short pit stop in Munich

I was in Germany for business for a few days last week, largely on the Western border - Dusseldorf, Bonn, Cologne - had rented a car (turned out to be a C-class, not particularly great to drive).

On the last day I had one meeting in Munich, so took the morning flight to Munich, went for the meeting and on my way back to the airport for my Delhi bound flight the taxi passed by a familiar sight - 4 cylinders, 22 floors high in all their glory. Yes, the BMW HQ.

On an impulse I asked the taxi chap to drop me off at the corner and I decided to visit the BMW shrine.

The BMW Museum is located right next to the tower while BMW Welt, which showcases the current cars of BMW and acts as a distribution centre is across the road. The BMW museum has official guided tours (alternating in Deutsch and English) and I did not have enough time on my hand to wait for the next English tour, so decided to go to BMW Welt and in a short 20 min pit stop, saw some of the latest cars and bikes.

Just wish I had more time on my hand - there were test drives available for every possible vehicle, including the Z4 and I would have seen the museum as well.

Some snaps for your consumption
Attached Thumbnails
Short pit stop in Munich-1.-bmw-hq.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-2.-across-road.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-3.-1-series.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-4.-1-diesel.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-5.-x1.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-6.-x1.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-7.-new-3.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-8.-new-3.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-9.-looks-regal.jpg  

Short pit stop in Munich-10.-z4.jpg