Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 16th July 2012, 17:10   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur

Absolutely fantastic ! I would love to go to this place for a quite holiday and soak in more and more of the Western Ghats ! Can you put up the route on Google maps for reference ?

Thanks so much for the information !
raghunandanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 09:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wonderful to read this trip log. Thank you Fauji for introducing such a great place and those pictures are really awesome! I've experienced similar vistas/gorges during some of my trekking events, e.g. twice when I went for Kumar Parvatha which is in this same area, and once at Kodachadri (western ghats again). I can only dream how beautiful it is to be around the nature.

I had plans to visit Agumbe (in-fact the program started from today) for about 4 days, enjoy the monsoon, trekking, photographing and overall enjoying the place during the pouring rains. Had to cancel and want to plan again in the 3rd week of August, lets see how that goes.

Its great to read thru your travel experiences, they are with so much of information and knowledge those wonderful pictures are as worthy too. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Ketan. Yes, Western Ghats springs to life after rains. A drive in the rain is most soothing. If you are interested, you can look at my other TLs on Malnad here

Driving through Malnad in Monsoon - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-monsoon.html (Fauji's Drivolgues - Mesmerised in Malnad in Monsoon!!)

Malnad in Monsoons - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-monsoons.html (Malnad In Monsoons)

Chasing Mango showers in Malnad - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ad-malnad.html (Fauji’s Drivologues – Chasing Mango showers in WAYANAD and MALNAD!)

A guide to driving holiday in Malnad - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ve-malnad.html (Monsoon is here, why not drive to Malnad?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Poorna sir ji. Right on time, your next travelogue . At this rate and the wonderful pictures and beautiful description, I wonder if I ever need to visit every nook and corner to experience the wonders that South India offers to us.
Thanks Samarjit. Yes, there are so many places to see in India, not sure we will have enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghunandanj View Post
Absolutely fantastic ! I would love to go to this place for a quite holiday and soak in more and more of the Western Ghats ! Can you put up the route on Google maps for reference ?

Thanks so much for the information !
Thanks Raghunanadan. Here is the Google map link for the place.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=m&z=10
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 13:47   #18
BHPian

Hi Fauji,
Wonderful travelogue! Great details and pictures! I sent this TL to my wife and now she wants to visit this place :-). Is there is any website for the property? I tried searching but couldnt find one.
Can you give some more details on the price? PM also will do.
flycatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 18:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Hi Fauji,
Wonderful travelogue! Great details and pictures! I sent this TL to my wife and now she wants to visit this place :-). Is there is any website for the property? I tried searching but couldnt find one.
Can you give some more details on the price? PM also will do.
Thanks Flycatcher and i am glad you liked it and planning to go there. I wanted someone to ask question on price to help me answer.

The price is Rs 4800 per couple including all three meals and taxes per night which is a tremendous value for money. I was more concerned about the price after renovation and asked pointed question to Cariappa if they are going to increase and make it on par with their Valparai property which is slightly higher. He said NO which was pleasing to my ears and hopefully it will remain so.

At Rs 4800 it is an excellent deal. Book the independent cottage as first preference than the one in the bungalow once it opens in Sept.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:36   #20
Team-BHP Support

Another thing I realized is one can take a train to Sakleshpur.
Can they arrange for a pick-up from the station? I see in google maps, that its about
30km from the station.

That would make an ideal getaway! A train to a hill station and go around the place.
Just that one would miss his own vehicle when going around.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 19:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. All I can say is that we were lucky and blessed to have enjoyed that kind of life.
Far simpler and yet far better than anything the city can give us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Shankar sir, your experience is something like out of some old classic movies I watch, those from the by-gone era. I'm sure it would have been great royal feeling.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2012, 22:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Can they arrange for a pick-up from the station? I see in google maps, that its about
30km from the station.

That would make an ideal getaway! A train to a hill station and go around the place.
Yes, they can definitely do that which will be welcomed by those who are not interested in driving. At this time, they are still working out all these issues and not yet finalised. In fact these bungalows used to be their guest house earlier which they are renovating it now.
Old 20th July 2012, 13:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fauji another super TL with some great pics indeed. Somehow had this in the back of mind that sooner than later this travelogue would come by especially after your visit to the same group's bungalows of Sinnadorai in Valparai

For the people of Blore waiting even now for some decent rain, the lush greenery and beauty is a treat for the eyes indeed.

Received a mailer recently of another set of estate bungalows run by Tata Coffee - Plantation Trails. Seems like these are some great places to visit as well (reading the exotic name of these cottages) - Plantation Trails
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 19:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
30km from the station.

You get cabs from the station to any of the homestays/estates around. If not near the station, for sure near the old bus stand.

@Fauji, if only you had informed me, I would have suggested a more beautiful view point near Bisle, which I discovered recently, thereby avoiding all the crowd.
chandan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 20:09   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
You get cabs from the station to any of the homestays/estates around. If not near the station, for sure near the old bus stand.

@Fauji, if only you had informed me, I would have suggested a more beautiful view point near Bisle, which I discovered recently, thereby avoiding all the crowd.
Thanks for. My only doubt was that since Sakleshpur is not big for tourism (at least thats what I know. Do correct me if I am wrong here), I was not sure if one could get cabs.

By the way about the view point that you are referring to, is it the same which is in your avatar pic?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 20:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for. My only doubt was that since Sakleshpur is not big for tourism (at least thats what I know. Do correct me if I am wrong here), I was not sure if one could get cabs.

By the way about the view point that you are referring to, is it the same which is in your avatar pic?
Yes, Sakleshpur is not big for tourism, but there are private vehicles plying as cabs as also some yellow board ones.

No, that is not the view point. In fact, that pic was taken right outside my house/estate.
chandan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 21:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg
Fauji another super TL with some great pics indeed. Somehow had this in the back of mind that sooner than later this travelogue would come by especially after your visit to the same group's bungalows of Sinnadorai in Valparai

For the people of Blore waiting even now for some decent rain, the lush greenery and beauty is a treat for the eyes indeed.

Received a mailer recently of another set of estate bungalows run by Tata Coffee - Plantation Trails. Seems like these are some great places to visit as well (reading the exotic name of these cottages) - Plantation Trails
Yes these are excellent. All the erstwhile Consolidated Coffee Directors Bungalows, now under Tata Coffee have been converted for home stays. Most excellent loctions, usually sited atop a hill with a view. Excellent service too!
Well worth a try indeed.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 15:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

Thanks Girish. As Shankar rightly mentions in his post above, these are beautiful British Bungalows restored by Tata coffee and have started a chain of estate stays called as "Plantation Trails". It comes with TATA stamp so be rest assured about quality. At present, they have presence only in Coorg and Chikmagalur. The only drawback with corporitisation is absence of personal touch. For that you need to stay in well run Home stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post

Thanks Chandan. Yes, i could have contacted you. But driving through Bisle itself was a last minute decision. We were not sure when we started on the ghat whether we will be able to see the valley lest it is covered by mist. Fortunately we could.
Old 24th December 2012, 19:51   #29
BHPian

Some pics from my recent trip to Kadamane

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-dsc04982.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-dsc04997.jpg

Fauji's Drivologues - Waiting for Rains in Kadamane Estate, Sakleshpur-dsc05058a.jpg

Thank You

Vindy
VindyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 09:29   #30
BHPian

Poorna Sir

I'm planning to visit Kadamane and 5 acres soon, so had a quick question for you, as follows:

1. Is the place 5 acres within the estate private property or on public land ? I would like to know if it is possible to get to that place without having to stay in the estate ?

2. Do we need a guide of sorts to get to 5 acres , or is it pretty straightforward to find our way out there ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
raghunandanj is offline   Reply With Quote