Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 25th July 2012, 11:46   #46
BHPian

Default Re: 7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time

Thanks rattandip, Ashsish, manuuj, aviorp and swiftexpress for your comments.

Me being very lazy had two companies manage my bookings

Camps of Ladakh located in Delhi.
Royal Tours of Srinagar.

These two can be easily googled. Let them quote then do your research and finalise. Overall our experience was fine had no issues anywhere.

I have uploaded one video of Mooreplains drive on Youtube, here is the link

hope you guys like it. can upload more of the passes if interested.
rnbohra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 11:49   #47
BHPian

sorry if it did not come out right the first time.
Old 25th July 2012, 18:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbohra View Post
Thanks Mahesh and Advait for your kind comments.

"Best way to convince your wife for a Road Trip to Leh"

1. Try and avoid (busy/workload/no bookings whatever you can think of) going on a decent holiday over the year.
2. Once she is like "We have not been on a decent holiday for so long" drop the Leh bomb.
3. Show her photos of the locations i.e. camp sites/hotels/desolate locales... never the road/passes etc. Do not even mention them.
4. Within no time you will have her agreement.
5. Now without wasting any time planning, commit some money on hotel bookings etc. in front of her. Even better if she can do the bookings herself. Planning of the road trip before you commit any money can be a dampner.
6. After all that is done, start planning the actual drive involve her. Mine got apprehensive midway but when the credit card bill of all bookings done was shown it all settled down to "Jo hoga dekha jayega".

There you have your trip.
@rnbohra enjoyed your log as much as all others have already written. Very nice, crisp narration and wall paper quality snaps, and some of your expressions like in this post above, are superb practical in nature.

Yes, as someone mentioned, I too belong to that group, 'mera number kab aayega', fortunately chanting of my Leh leh slokas is seeing less opposition now at home, rather should I say family has started to believe that its a must in a life time visit. Hoping on the opportunity at this 'favourable domestic climate change' I have 'declared' it...2013 June it is to be!! A leh drive with family!! Reading your log further boosted it.

Thanks
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 19:39   #49
BHPian

Simply amazing travelouge sir!! And the pics are breath-taking. Really awesome captures!

What an ambitious trip! Pune-Leh-Pune!! 7000 km! Hats off!
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 11:25   #50
BHPian

Thanks thumping heart and longdrive lover for your comments,

It is unfortunate that T-BHP does not allow higher size photos resulting in having to compromise on quality before posting.

This trip has to be done, using your own transport and at your own pace there should be no compromise on this.

Bit concerned with situation in J&K at this moment how many travel plans are going to be impacted?

Some more pics for you till such time u make your own

7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time-dsc_0726.jpg

7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time-dsc_1867.jpg

7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time-dsc_1879.jpg

7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time-dsc_2353.jpg
Old 29th July 2012, 16:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Travelogue rnbohra
Read the complete travelogue in one go and thanks for finishing it quickly. Love the narrations, captions and the pictures, many of them are truly wallpaper material.
I have to ask, what camera are you using and are these straight out of the camera or been color corrected in photoshop or other s/w?
Also if you do not mind please share the model and make of the in car camera you are using.
Truly your thread deserves 5 *'s
Cheers
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 10:11   #52
BHPian

Thanks Harjeev for appreciation of the TL.

Some of the photos have been corrected for Contrast/Brightness but nothing major. Only difference that these corrections have been done on the RAW files and not JPG's hence the impact maybe more.

I was using a Nikon D7000 with 18-105 lens. For the car cam plenty listed on ebay the one I was using, Eagle Dash Cam - 1080p Full HD Car DVR. I tried putting it on full HD but the video playback was not smooth hence went for normal 720p.

This is my wallpaper at the moment

7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time-dsc_2058.jpg
Old 1st August 2012, 11:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Harjeev for appreciation of the TL.

Some of the photos have been corrected for Contrast/Brightness but nothing major. Only difference that these corrections have been done on the RAW files and not JPG's hence the impact maybe more.

I was using a Nikon D7000 with 18-105 lens. For the car cam plenty listed on ebay the one I was using, Eagle Dash Cam - 1080p Full HD Car DVR. I tried putting it on full HD but the video playback was not smooth hence went for normal 720p.

This is my wallpaper at the moment

Attachment 963959
Fantastic is the word and I again am in admiration of you dedication and hard work. Within a month of coming back, you've sorted out the pic, color corrected the, shortlisted them, and even managed to write a fantastic travelogue.
I haven't even managed to sort out the pics from the trips I've done last year, DEL-SASAN GIR- DIU-DEL, LEH Circut, officiating in Desert Storm which takes us DEL-JPR-BIKANER- JAISALMER- PHOKRAN- BHUJ- AHMEDABAD- UDAIPUR - DELHI. (3 years in a row) Who would be more lazy than I am. .
I simply get bogged down with the 'n' number of pics and then they simply keep piling on and on and on. Do you use Adobe Bridge for sorting and arranging the pic or some other software?
Not to mention many other trips over the years.

Cheers to you mate.
Old 4th August 2012, 10:05   #54
BHPian

Thanks Harjeev. I too end up with lot of pics from my trips but once home, while transferring to a harddisk many get slaughtered if they do not please the eye. Secondly while working on pics ensure that software that you use does not change the date and time of the original picture. This way lining them up at a later date becomes quite easy on the PC.

I think you should put your pictures up. This gives us mere mortals inspiration to make those trips. I am also planning a trip in West Gujarat for quite some time now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

One more from Tso Moriri.

7000 kms- Trip of a Life Time-dsc_2486.jpg
rnbohra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 11:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Harjeev. I too end up with lot of pics from my trips but once home, while transferring to a harddisk many get slaughtered if they do not please the eye. Secondly while working on pics ensure that software that you use does not change the date and time of the original picture. This way lining them up at a later date becomes quite easy on the PC.

I think you should put your pictures up. This gives us mere mortals inspiration to make those trips. I am also planning a trip in West Gujarat for quite some time now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

One more from Tso Moriri.

Attachment 964979
Thanks for the information and explaining you workflow with the pictures. I've started using Adobe Bridge for my sorting purposes and it has become quite easier now. Will surely gather up the courage and attempt to write a travelogue soon. Thanks for inspiration.
The picture from Tso Moriri has come out really nice. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers