Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:44   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

@Maverick5490,

Beautiful pictures, awesome location and mind blowing hospitality. I am also interested to know the price of the package at Kanuhura. I have rated 5* to this travelogue

Last edited by MaverikMahesh : 23rd July 2012 at 19:45. Reason: Forgot to mention 5*
MaverikMahesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 08:39   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Excellent. Reminds me of my Maldives Holiday.

@Maverick5490, Please post the air travel expenses & resort expenses if possible.

rated 5 star
Thanks mate, it truly is a wonderful place. Hope it never goes under for the future generations! The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Wow!! Never Imagined something like this.
Even I am interested in the expense details if you dont mind.
You can send a PM too.

Thanks for sharing this beautifull place with us. Some very nice photographs too.
Thank you for the compliments. No camera can do justice to the beauty. You have to see it to believe it. The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities.
Will PM the contact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
Great post mate!!

I am on the lookout for a HM destination for same time next year, Maldives was on the top of the list, now there is no list, this place is all that remains in my mind. Would be wifey just saw your post and wants us to get married sooner

It will be great if you can share some financial details (whatever you deem fit). More importantly any contact of the man who made it possible (DJ) ?
Hahaha! Thanks a lot mate, glad you made the decision sooner . The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities.You can vary this depending on your tastes, but since its your Honeymoon would recommend a secluded place like this or similar. You can entrust DJ all this and he will guide you properly. Will PM you the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverikMahesh View Post
@Maverick5490,

Beautiful pictures, awesome location and mind blowing hospitality. I am also interested to know the price of the package at Kanuhura. I have rated 5* to this travelogue
Thank you very much Mahesh, Yes the location is indeed awesome and completely worth it. The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities. Will PM you the contact details.
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 08:58   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
Great post mate!!

I am on the lookout for a HM destination for same time next year, Maldives was on the top of the list, now there is no list, this place is all that remains in my mind. Would be wifey just saw your post and wants us to get married sooner

It will be great if you can share some financial details (whatever you deem fit). More importantly any contact of the man who made it possible (DJ) ?
Hi dgupta, I am unable to send you a pm, and I wont be able to post the contact details here as would be against forum rules.

MODS: Please advice!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 09:25   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

OOPS! Somehow managed to miss a half day event at Kanuhura. It was a tour of their Island with their horticulturist who is a Srilankan and takes care of the Vegetation on the island. Now he is one passionate horticulturist I have come across. The really take good care of the plantations around also grow their own vegetable used in the restaurant. Few Pics:

The horticulturist
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0139.jpg

These particular trees have roots all around to support the weight
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0140.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0141.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0142.jpg

These kind of trees are there to protect the island from natural calamities
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0143.jpg

These shrubs are there to control the salt levels in the sand
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0144.jpg

Their vegetable garden
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0145.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0146.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0147.jpg


Another unique feature of the Kanuhura Island is Orchids. There are Orchids everywhere! They have a unique way of growing Orchids, they use dried coconuts to plant the sapling in it and wrap it tightly around the palm trees around the island and they flourish very well!

They have even grown their own species of Orchid and named it the Kanuhura orchid. While we were there they were still in the growth stage and did not get to see what they looked like.

Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0148.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0149.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0150.jpg
Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!-0151.jpg

All the plants there play a vital role in the existence of the island.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 09:57   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,709
Thanked: 89,039 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
I wont be able to post the contact details here as would be against forum rules.

MODS: Please advice!
You are obviously not commercially affiliated to this travel contact, or the travel industry itself. Please share the contact here so that it may help other BHPians and guests.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 10:07   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You are obviously not commercially affiliated to this travel contact, or the travel industry itself. Please share the contact here so that it may help other BHPians and guests.
Thanks GTO! The contact person is DJ Ashar and reachable in Mumbai on 09820455030.
Also you will find his advertisements regularly in Bombay times with a small photo of Maldives.
He is the major supplier for other travel companies, so approaching him directly is more like B2B! You can give our reference Mrinal/Sushil Marathe as major interactions, bargaining and selection was done by wifey
Maverick5490 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 10:41   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Thanks mate, it truly is a wonderful place. Hope it never goes under for the future generations! The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities.



Thank you for the compliments. No camera can do justice to the beauty. You have to see it to believe it. The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities.
Will PM the contact details.




Hahaha! Thanks a lot mate, glad you made the decision sooner . The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities.You can vary this depending on your tastes, but since its your Honeymoon would recommend a secluded place like this or similar. You can entrust DJ all this and he will guide you properly. Will PM you the details.



Thank you very much Mahesh, Yes the location is indeed awesome and completely worth it. The expenses including everything was Rs.1 Lac per person for 4 nights / 5 days + another 10k per person for resort activities. Will PM you the contact details.
Thanks for the expense details. Does "1 Lakh for everything" include airfare from Bombay to Maldives? or was it from the time you land at Maldives airport?
MaverikMahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 11:19   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverikMahesh View Post
Thanks for the expense details. Does "1 Lakh for everything" include airfare from Bombay to Maldives? or was it from the time you land at Maldives airport?
Nope, it included everything - To and fro Airfare (Mumbai - Colombo - Male), Sea Plane transfers from Male - Kanuhura - Male, 4 nights accommodation in water villas, and all 3 meals. He also included the sunset cruise which otherwise would have been chargeable. All other activities like snorkelling, scuba diving etc are chargeable. Please note it was 1 lac per person.

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 24th July 2012 at 11:38.
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 12:58   #24
BHPian
 
dgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Coventry, UK
Posts: 69
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Nope, it included everything - To and fro Airfare (Mumbai - Colombo - Male), Sea Plane transfers from Male - Kanuhura - Male, 4 nights accommodation in water villas, and all 3 meals. He also included the sunset cruise which otherwise would have been chargeable. All other activities like snorkelling, scuba diving etc are chargeable. Please note it was 1 lac per person.
Thanks for a bucket loads of information Maverick!! I will contact DJ in a few days time as I am not yet sure of the dates for next year, would be wifey is coming down to London for a vacation next week and dates should be finalised
Also, I had a look at some other travel websites and the prices for Kanuhura are way more than what you incurred. Anyway this much information is a good start for me, I will let you know if I need some more information.

Cheers
Deepak
dgupta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 13:15   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Oye oye oye!!

Maverick bhau,
you should be penalized for not posting this travelogue much earlier!!

Simply wow pics of the wow location!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful travelogue.
I am not showing this travelogue to my wife otherwise 2 L damage to my balance in near future surely.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th July 2012 at 13:19.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 13:25   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,730
Thanked: 7,487 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Fantastically written travelogue with "oh so wonderful pictures" of an "oh so wonderful" place . I am now becoming more excited about my trip to Maldives in September. And sorry but some of these pics will be now my desktop wallpaper.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 13:25   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Oye oye oye!!

Maverick bhau,
you should be penalized for not posting this travelogue much earlier!!

Simply wow pics of the wow location!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful travelogue.
I am not showing this travelogue to my wife otherwise 2 L damage to my balance in near future surely.
Hahahaha.. Thanks Ashish! Ya, I know I should not have delayed, but better late than never!

Glad to be sharing our experience here!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 13:28   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Fantastically written travelogue with "oh so wonderful pictures" of an "oh so wonderful" place . I am now becoming more excited about my trip to Maldives in September. And sorry but some of these pics will be now my desktop wallpaper.
Thank you very much dzired and no issues in using the pics, I wanted to share the beauty of Maldives hence not even watermarked the photos. Which resort are you going to? All the best for your trip and do carry a Good Camera!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 14:31   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
dZired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,730
Thanked: 7,487 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Thank you very much dzired and no issues in using the pics, I wanted to share the beauty of Maldives hence not even watermarked the photos. Which resort are you going to? All the best for your trip and do carry a Good Camera!
Thanx for the best wishes maverick. I'll surely carry a good camera and will share the pics on tbhp once I come back. BTW I'll be residing in Luckyhiya hotel in Male.
dZired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 15:08   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,254
Thanked: 610 Times
Default Re: Maldives - An Exotic Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Thanx for the best wishes maverick. I'll surely carry a good camera and will share the pics on tbhp once I come back. BTW I'll be residing in Luckyhiya hotel in Male.
Ok. So you will be staying at Male itself or go island hopping? And do post you pics on your return!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Family Vacation In Maldives - An Essay genesis Travelogues 75 15th November 2011 10:56
Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it. ferrariKSA The International Automotive Scene 25 2nd May 2011 19:17
Maldives - A Paradise on the brink of extinction highwaylover Travelogues 31 15th March 2010 11:10
Our near Intl Tourist destination and Hatch Car land? Maldives! jkdas Travelogues 30 14th March 2010 02:33
Voice of India 2007 winner Ishmeet dies in Maldives sammyboy Shifting gears 9 30th July 2008 02:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks