Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th March 2013, 23:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The area is yet to be explored and its full tourist potential realised. If you are fond of treks next time try the following: Solan-Rajgarh-Habban from here trek to Sarain through Pulvahal. You can then either retrace your route back or take a bus back to Rajgarh from Nerwa. Nerwa can be reached on foot from Sarain.
Thanks a ton for the extremely useful info Wanderernomad. Just what the Doctor ordered as far as I am concerned.

Could you pse elaborate a bit more about Habban Valley and the trek route to Sarain. Such as stay options at Habban and distance of the trek to Sarain. Very little material available on net.
rajcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 00:33   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Trekking to Churdhar - A short photologue

Interesting thread, excellent narration and pictures, kept me glued until you were back in Delhi. I'm glad you bumped it up for I would probably never have read it otherwise.

These solo trips come with a certain element of risk, which is what makes them more exciting!

I have found on my (regrettably) few solo trips that it is these trips that one remembers for a much longer time, the memories are somehow stronger and clearer.

I particularly liked the subtle-indirectness w.r.t. the specific car you were driving, including the feint toward Toyota.
airfoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 16:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trekking to Churdhar - A short photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Thanks a ton for the extremely useful info Wanderernomad. Just what the Doctor ordered as far as I am concerned.

Could you pse elaborate a bit more about Habban Valley and the trek route to Sarain. Such as stay options at Habban and distance of the trek to Sarain. Very little material available on net.
Habban is the confluence of the Mountain system of Solan and Shimla Districts. From Habban to Sarain is a moderate trek of about 6-7 hours via Pulvahal. Pulvahal to Sarain is an established trek frequented by locals while the wilderness would be there from Habban to Pulvahal.

You can drive to Habban, park your car and trek downhill to Pulvahal and then climb back up towards Sarain. There are Forest Rest House at Habban and a Temple lodge and other lodgings availbale at Sarain.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote