Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th October 2015, 15:29   #106
BHPian

Default XUV 500 W8 plans to cruise GJ roads

Having recently acquired XUV 500 W8 last month, first out of state trip being planned during the Diwali break. Being aware that Gujarat gets closed post Diwali but cant help as that's the only time one can travel due to school vacation

Went through the following travelogues

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ravelogue.html (The Mumbai cheetah goes to greet the Sasan Gir Lion (A Gujarat travelogue))

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...t-gujarat.html (A trip to the Jewel of the West - Gujarat)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ples-more.html (Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...rip-query.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...1-3500kms.html (Discovering Gujarat - Land of the Legends. (Saurastra) - 1 - 8th Oct 2011 - 3500kms)

Thanks a lot to all the folks who have penned these. Still going through others travelogues

Considering Diwali dates and rush post Diwali managed to get a booking at Gir Pride Resort on 14th and 15th Nov

The tentative plan goes like this

08-Nov Sunday - Pune - Ahmedabad
09-Nov Monday - Stay in Ahmedabad
10-Nov Tuesday - Cover Modhera/Patan
11-Nov Wednesday- Diwali
12-Nov Thursday - Yet to Decide
13-Nov Friday - Plan is to travel to Veraval/Somnath
14-Nov Saturday - Gir Pride Resort Gir, check in at 12:00 noon
Booked Devaliya Safari in the afternoon
15-Nov Sunday - Gir Tried booking the Gir Safari Online, but nothing is available :( Spoke to resort guys, they mentioned they can arrange a Safari but would cost around 7- 8 K. Any advice to book the safari on my own either for 15th or 16th
16-Nov Monday Check out at 10:00 AM , travel back to Ahmedabad
17-Nov Tuesday -Back to Pune

Experts who have covered the state, Can I cover Dwarka if I start from Ahmedabad on Thursday. Also any recommendation for hotel. Does it make sense to book Lords Inn at Verawal and cover Dwarka/Somnath.
Any other way to optimize the route

Thanks in advance
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2015, 22:50   #107
BHPian

Default Re: XUV 500 W8 plans to cruise GJ roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post

Considering Diwali dates and rush post Diwali managed to get a booking at Gir Pride Resort on 14th and 15th Nov

The tentative plan goes like this

08-Nov Sunday - Pune - Ahmedabad
09-Nov Monday - Stay in Ahmedabad
10-Nov Tuesday - Cover Modhera/Patan
11-Nov Wednesday- Diwali
12-Nov Thursday - Yet to Decide
13-Nov Friday - Plan is to travel to Veraval/Somnath
15-Nov Sunday - Gir Tried booking the Gir Safari Online, but nothing is available :( Spoke to resort guys, they mentioned they can arrange a Safari but would cost around 7- 8 K. Any advice to book the safari on my own either for 15th or 16th
17-Nov Tuesday -Back to Pune

Experts who have covered the state, Can I cover Dwarka if I start from Ahmedabad on Thursday. Also any recommendation for hotel. Does it make sense to book Lords Inn at Verawal and cover Dwarka/Somnath.
Any other way to optimize the route

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Im not sure if you going "home" (Ahmedabad) for Diwali, as I see 9th & 11th (Diwali) nothing is planned.
If these days are part of your travel, then on 9th you could do visit Ahmedabad local PoI, 10th cover Adalaj (step well), Modhera (Sun temple), Patan (Rani ki vav etc) and return at night.

if those days mentioned earlier are free (?), then on 11th you can very well proceed towards Dwarka (Lords Eco Hotel is good, get sea facing room), come to Somnath (Lords Hotel is good), and later proceed for Gir.

Let know accordingly, if required, I would try making a detailed plan (infact I started making one for you!). I have some of these stretches, and with some parts I have a old relation!
I dont think making Veraval /Somnath as base, you could cover Dwarka.

regards,
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 06:01   #108
BHPian

Default Re: XUV 500 W8 plans to cruise GJ roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi,
Im not sure if you going "home" (Ahmedabad) for Diwali, as I see 9th & 11th (Diwali) nothing is planned.
If these days are part of your travel, then on 9th you could do visit Ahmedabad local PoI, 10th cover Adalaj (step well), Modhera (Sun temple), Patan (Rani ki vav etc) and return at night.

regards,
@pcpranav, thanks for the help.
Yes, in Ahmedabad, I will be staying at my brother's home. I have kept 9th till 12th free for Diwali, visiting friends, local sightseeing in Ahmedabad, covering Modhera (Sun temple), Patan (Rani ki vav etc)

I was able to get a confirmed booking of hotel at Verawal for 13th night, so plan is start from Ahmedabad on 13th morning visit Somnath see the light and sound show in the evening and start for Gir on 14th morning

15-Nov Sunday - Gir Tried booking the Gir Safari Online, but nothing is available :( Spoke to resort guys, they mentioned they can arrange a Safari but would cost around 7- 8 K. Any advice to book the safari on my own either for 15th or 16th .
Trying to see if I can get a booking for Gir Safari on 15th or 16th morning
17-Nov Tuesday - start back for Pune in the morning
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 23:36   #109
BHPian

Default Re: 3.0 Day-3 (20 Nov 2012) planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
3.0 Day-3 (20 Nov 2012) planning

The IIM-Ahmedabad logo is inspired by the jaali design.
Attachment 1022083
Googled for my college logo and guess who's post I stumbled across!

Also realised that as per empirical data, you are pre-scheduled for a visit to Ahmedabad in 2019.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote