Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 6th March 2013, 17:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Touching the skies: A winter weekend at Chikmagalur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
I don't know how I missed your travelogue for this long. I must say the last few hundred metres to Mullayanagiri is particularily nerve wracking if a vehicle comes up in the opposite direction. I was unfortunate enough to be in such a situation where I had to slowly reverse all the way to the hairpin bend to allow a Tata ace to go through.
absolutely agree with the irritating climb in the last section where the road is annoyingly narrow.
Quote:
Anyways, lovely travelogue and your Punto looks fantastic in the coffee estate backdrop. Looking forward to your next travelogue
Thanks a lot Rohit! nice to know you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Another Fantastic TL Karthik, Been to chikamaglur and not having dosas in New Town Canteen? Suggest you to try that place on your next visit.
Haven't heard of this New Town canteen. Where exactly is this place? I am already thinking of trying it out.

Quote:
Needless to say am sure the new punto handled all these places with fair amount of ease. How different was her behavior compared to the Jet?
It did handle the ghats pretty well, no complaints at all. Still no match for the elder sister I'm afraid. The Punto's handling was probably 80% of what the T-Jet handles like, in similar ghats.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 17:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Haven't heard of this New Town canteen. Where exactly is this place? I am already thinking of trying it out.
Karthik,
There you go, have put in the maps for it. Ensure you zoom to the very last indicator and you will see it. In local lingo terms you will need to ask for directions to the Government Polytechnic College and this is bang opposite it.

http://goo.gl/maps/wUNgY

Let me know when you are heading there and if possible will tag along
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 17:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Town canteen is a famous place to have dosas in CKM. You would have passed it on the way to Mullayanagiri. You can directly ask for Town Canteen in case you need directions.

I have slightly modified the route in the map ku69rd has posted. This is the road to Mullayanagiri

http://goo.gl/maps/552aY

Last edited by addyhemmige : 6th March 2013 at 17:47. Reason: Added link
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 19:52   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb travelogue with awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
Seems like you did have a lot of fun. This homestay is a good find too.
The waterfall, trekking trails, visit to Mullayangiri peak all make your itenerary a good one to simply follow for a short weekend break. Added to my list of places of visit, Thanks

Quote:
We parked the car and stopped for lunch at Hotel Mayura, the only restaurant we could spot in the vicinity.
I've heard a lot about Town Canteen (@Fauji, etc here on the forums) famous for the Dosa, you could have tried it.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 17:35   #20
BHPian

Thats a beautiful trip and some splendid pics. I am planning to go and looking for some good accommodation. From what you have written I believe it would be good enough. Whats the cost per night and how many can the room accommodate ?. Also, do they have any rules to follow since its a homestay?.
Thanks
Red's
Red's is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 15:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Day 2 (continued...) :
An enjoyable weekend had come to an end, and so does this travelogue. Hope you enjoyed reading it!

My next travelogue will be in March - no spoilers intended but I'm going to an unusual island next weekend, for 3 days!
Lovely TL Karthik. One of your earlier TLs on Acres Wild inspired me to visit it. And it was worth every minute and every rupee. Hope to do this one as well. Eagerly awaiting your next one.

Just a question, how would you rate the rooms in the Hiddenvally for their cleanliness, upkeep? I usually travel with my wife and 3 year old daughter and do fret about cleanliness.
MorePower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote