Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 13:36   #31
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 459 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I do not have words to express my appreciation for your photos. Hard to believe that you have taken these with a kit lens and 55-250.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Outstanding work. Proves that the man behind is more important than the equipment. Every thing is top class - shot composition , exposure and of course the locations. Please keep them coming more frequently
Thanks a lot guys for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
These are amazing clicks. Superb skills. I have trekked to many forts in the Sahayadris and seeing them over here again feels really good.

Please do keep this thread updated with more pics.

I also wanted to ask you about your recent trek to Karnala. Was the weather hot or pleasant enough? I am asking cos we had been to Karnala last year roughly in mid Feb and the sun was too hot to enjoy the trek. We had few first timers with us and they got too dehydrated and tired and we had to return half way back.

We are hoping to do one last trek before summer starts but not able to decide on any particular fort yet.
Hi trek buddy,

Karnala will be hot this time, unless you start off like around 6-6.30AM when weather will be cooler. There is no potable water source available on top.

Currently everywhere the sun will be killing. Plus rarely there would be water available. Still you can try Raigad on weekends. Lot of people sell lemon/kokam/buttermilk/water on the way, so there won't be any issue regarding that. Let me know if you need any more info .
Dodge_Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 13:56   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Thanks for the info. Guess we shall have to wait till the monsoons now.

Have you trekked Matheran via the Garbet Point route. Its one of the most beautiful treks I have done till date. It offers a lot of picturesque terrain.
trek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 17:45   #33
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Amazing pictures. no worries if you are short of words - as they say that a picture speaks a thousand words; and in your case - may be a lot more!
ihrishikesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 08:24   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 279
Thanked: 1,474 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

hello ,
it has been an amazing set of pictures ... bowled over totally and it serves to increase the resolve to reach the bar set by amazing guys like yourself..
regards
swsumit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 10:32   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Andromeda
Posts: 311
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Those are some stunning images. I especially liked the cat with orange eyes in page 1. What camera equipment did you use? You seem to have good taste for landscapes. Awesome!
joe1980 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 11:41   #36
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 459 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Thanks for the info. Guess we shall have to wait till the monsoons now.

Have you trekked Matheran via the Garbet Point route. Its one of the most beautiful treks I have done till date. It offers a lot of picturesque terrain.
Ah. Garbet point route! Added in my to-do list! BTW is this to be done in monsoons? How's the route? Please do send all details .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishikesh View Post
Amazing pictures. no worries if you are short of words - as they say that a picture speaks a thousand words; and in your case - may be a lot more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsumit View Post
hello ,
it has been an amazing set of pictures ... bowled over totally and it serves to increase the resolve to reach the bar set by amazing guys like yourself..
regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Those are some stunning images. I especially liked the cat with orange eyes in page 1. What camera equipment did you use? You seem to have good taste for landscapes. Awesome!
Thank you guys! Yes, joe1980, I like shooting landscapes . Regarding camera equipment, initial set of images were from Canon 1000D and later ones with 600D, using kit lens and 55-250mm zoom.
Dodge_Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 22:52   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Ah. Garbet point route! Added in my to-do list! BTW is this to be done in monsoons? How's the route? Please do send all details .
Yea I will say monsoon is the best time to trek this route. On boarding the Karjat bound local from Mumbai, alight at the Bhivpuri station ahead of Neral. Walk on the tracks towards the Karjat side for couple of minutes and you will come across a lane towards a village. I don't recollect the exact details now since it's been almost 5 years but I searched on-line and found this blog which has the requisite info:
http://www.trekmatesindia.com/2013/0...a-garbett.html

The trek route will finally end up in Matheran where you can break for lunch and then take the mini train or taxi back to the Neral station.I am attaching few pics from our trek for your reference, excuse the image quality though, they all turned out blurred.
Attached Thumbnails
My rumblings with Nature - A photologue-garbet20.jpg  

My rumblings with Nature - A photologue-garbet35.jpg  

My rumblings with Nature - A photologue-garbet56.jpg  

trek is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 10:24   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Yea I will say monsoon is the best time to trek this route. On boarding the Karjat bound local from Mumbai, alight at the Bhivpuri station ahead of Neral. Walk on the tracks towards the Karjat side for couple of minutes and you will come across a lane towards a village. I don't recollect the exact details now since it's been almost 5 years but I searched on-line and found this blog which has the requisite info:
http://www.trekmatesindia.com/2013/0...a-garbett.html
Sorry I posted the wrong link. Please refer the below instead:

http://smile4shrek.blogspot.in/2013/...o-we-trek.html

http://vhikerz.org/2010/07/28/garbett-point/
trek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 15:20   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Excellent pics Dodge_Viper You have captured the beauty of Maharashtra quite well, and the places do come alive during the monsoons. The most beautiful places to visit will be Naneghat and Malshej Ghat.

Rated the thread 5 stars.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 11:45   #40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Absolutely amazing pics...inspiring.

When is the best time to visit Kaas (valley of flowers)?
tarique2002i is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 16:37   #41
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 459 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarique2002i View Post
Absolutely amazing pics...inspiring.

When is the best time to visit Kaas (valley of flowers)?
Around September. First 2-3 weeks.
Dodge_Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2014, 19:32   #42
BHPian
 
shashi63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: THANE
Posts: 199
Thanked: 237 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Viper,

Awesome photographs!

The camera maybe good, the timing maybe even better but it's the snap composition and the angles that truly bring out the beauty of the location! Each one has a perspective which is refreshingly different!

The Angle used for the Morning dew snaps was perfect and the exposure just right! Brilliant is a small word and it doesnot even convey a tenth of my appreciations!

I look forward to your photologues!

Cheers!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 10:57   #43
BHPian
 
Funda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 153
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Awesome Photologue. Your pictures do the talking buddy. Amazing pictures and very apt captions. It was difficult to say which picture was better, every picture was equally good. Yeh dil maange more.
Funda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 00:43   #44
BHPian
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 603 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Hello Dodge,

Words fall short to tell how good these pics are! I can't even distinguish which is the best of all, cos all are amazing. I loved the lonely rider pic, wish it was me.

Just a small quick doubt. Have you used macro lens to capture the close ups or were those pics also taken in your 55-250 mm lens?

As nilanjanray said, Talent matters much more than equipment.

Keep clicking mate and add many more snaps here.

Cheers.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 09:46   #45
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 459 Times
Default Re: My rumblings with Nature - A photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Viper,

Awesome photographs!

The camera maybe good, the timing maybe even better but it's the snap composition and the angles that truly bring out the beauty of the location! Each one has a perspective which is refreshingly different!

The Angle used for the Morning dew snaps was perfect and the exposure just right! Brilliant is a small word and it doesnot even convey a tenth of my appreciations!

I look forward to your photologues!

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funda View Post
Awesome Photologue. Your pictures do the talking buddy. Amazing pictures and very apt captions. It was difficult to say which picture was better, every picture was equally good. Yeh dil maange more.
Thank you Shashi and funda .

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hello Dodge,

Words fall short to tell how good these pics are! I can't even distinguish which is the best of all, cos all are amazing. I loved the lonely rider pic, wish it was me.

Just a small quick doubt. Have you used macro lens to capture the close ups or were those pics also taken in your 55-250 mm lens?

As nilanjanray said, Talent matters much more than equipment.

Keep clicking mate and add many more snaps here.

Cheers.
Thanks voyageur, all the closeups are with 55-250mm @ 250mm. How I wish someone gifted me few lenses .
Dodge_Viper is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty shankaranand Route / Travel Queries 35 7th May 2014 13:06
4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg) ON 8th Aug2009. Sathyagith 4x4 Excursions 112 12th April 2010 03:10
The Wildlife and Nature Images/Articles Thread redrage Shifting gears 0 10th June 2008 10:41
Traveler (or Driver?) by nature aditya.b Introduce yourself 5 7th May 2008 15:18
"Luthravan ! A tryst with nature." v12 Shifting gears 0 11th September 2004 19:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks