Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2013, 18:44   #106
BHPian

Have been following your travelogue since day 1,and I'm definitely hooked on to it. Just a suggestion though, at the end of the post could you just tell us how many kilometres you kayaked (not sure if this is the right term) and how much time you spent kayaking.
Old 31st March 2013, 19:33   #107
Pal
BHPian

Default Re: Going solo at 5 kmph - Mumbai to Goa in an inflatable kayak!

I could never understand why my mum would get so irritated seeing her favourite serial episode end and wait for tomorrow. Blame it on our instilled habit of acquiring/ streaming entire seasons of a show and seeing all episodes back to back-till we're bored.

But now I do.

Your 'episodic' twice-a-week-once-a-day dosage of the trip is just as irritating when it ends due to the waiting. Its awesome! Makes me read. Think. Re-read and then imagine each day of yours! Vividly described, perfectly clicked--I am so hooked. And so is my usually automobile-ignorant better half!!!

Untill the next one then..
Pal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 22:29   #108
BHPian

Hats off to you. This feat deserves a lot more appreciation, than these words can. This is beyond the ordinary.
Funda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 22:43   #109
BHPian

Awesome buddy. It was something different at least in T-BHP. I've not even started reading the travelllogue. Just went through pictures. Really commendable.
akas_chauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 23:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Woahh ! I just finished reading the whole thing at one go (everything else took a backseat as soon as I saw the title !). Hats off to you.

The way you have meticulously planned out this epic journey for over 2 years, investing quite a bit of money into it and seeing it through is amazing.

You have beautifully re-traced your steps for us, which makes for a great read.

Keep it coming ! Can't wait to read more.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 18:03   #111
BHPian

Wonderful thread!! Kudos to your attempt. Really glued to this thread in office, leaving aside tasks for completion today
Mafioso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 19:52   #112
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Name:  first class suite DSCN2663.JPG
Views: 3728
Size:  331.9 KB Going solo at 5 kmph - Mumbai to Goa in an inflatable kayak!-kashidroom.jpg

These 2 photos provide a really nice contrast. Hats off to your passion!
SDP is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 21:50   #113
BHPian

Hats off Kamen_rider. I have been following this travelogue from the time you made a first post. Infact have read it twice over the weekend.Waiting eagerly for the next posts
Old 1st April 2013, 22:09   #114
BHPian

Would you believe me if I said I had finished all 8 pages in one go? This by far, is the best travelogue I have ever read. There is a famous saying - "If you have decided to pursue something and have put your entire heart into it, then the whole world will conspire to achieve that". In your case it is exactly what is happening - you reaching the cattamaran on time, Sandy's arrival and your room in the last episode.

Kudos to you bro.You are living your dream.

And please try to complete the TL asap. I know its cruel for me to ask you to complete it amidst your schedule but waiting for such a wonderful TL is the most difficult thing
thecdkfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 22:47   #115
BANNED

This is really outstanding. It must have been an amazing experience. This is a well written travelogue and very well coordinated episode arrangement.
Makes it more interesting to read.
Do upload loads of more images showcasing the great coastal secrets we have in our country.
I just wish these type of equipments and accessories are available freely in India but at a good price.
Good luck to your many more adventures in the near future , which I presume you would undertake since you have completed this one.
raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:43   #116
BHPian

I guess being part of this esteemed TBHP family is a blessing in disguise. Where else would someone come across such a multitude of experiences, opportunities to learn, inculcate knowledge about so many things in life. I frankly confess that since the time I started following TBHP my knowledge has increased exponentially, be it automobiles, real world experiences, adventure travel and now nuances of kayaking. I will not be insolent to say that I have started understanding kayaking but this travelogue is enough for any layman to understand to a huge extent what it is about and what it takes. Hats off to your style of writing.

Needless to say I am at a loss of adjectives to appreciate effectively in any way what you have done and I guess it applies to all those who step out of the ordinary and challenge the limits. They are the ones who experience the thrills of life to the fullest. ADC was already on the list and you too have made it there. So I can only salute guys like you and admire your grit and determination. I can only hope that I can do a little of what you have done some day before my bones get too old for such challenges . I will not be a bore anymore and wait for the updates.
samarjitdhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:46   #117
Team-BHP Support

I havent commented at all on this thread, because I do not know what to say. My Jaw has hit the floor many times. What you have done is truly an amazing feat of exploration and courage. This is one travelogue, I will never forget. I cannot even dream of such a journey.
So Hats off to you! Waiting for the rest of the story. Now hurry up please!
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:15   #118
BHPian

Dear Kamen_rider

What you have done is beyond a travelogue, it's more of a solo expedition which takes a lot of courage and careful planning for a successful run. Executing a sea expedition in India is very uncommon and I'm sure your learnings are going to be very useful for anybody who wants to do such a thing again.

What I liked so far is the fact that you never really thought of appointing a safety/support vehicle to shadow you, that goes to show the spirit of adventure inside you. Hope you have many more thrilling yet safe adventures in future
amolpol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:48   #119
BHPian

Hi Kamen_rider,

Like so many have commented before me - this is simply Amazing, one of a kind thread on Tbhp.

Love the spirit, the dedication as well as the execution. The TL is surely unfolding like a potboiler, keep it up and keep them coming fast

Thanks for sharing the wonderful tale with us.
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:31   #120

Oh boy this is fantastic, never saw this coming. Truly a great adventure in making and a fantastic attempt in putting things together for all of us, just Excellent. I am a bit short on words as to what you are coming out with, this is one true sport, a hobby, a passion you have undertaken. Awaiting to hear and see how this adventure completes, i would not say ending cause this is a beginning of so many dreams you have set up. Sail it up.
specialedition is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread