Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 00:25   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

WOW is the word. The third shot of the single khur with you in the frame is mind-blowing.

I could see some mouth-watering and to kill for camera gear while you were waiting for the guide to join in. Mind detailing the gear??

Last edited by gd1418 : 1st March 2013 at 00:27.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 04:11   #17
BHPian
 
junaid12345678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Great snaps buddy. I was browsing about the Peregrine Falcon and learnt that Nat Geo has measured them diving at 389 kmph . That is insane!
It is a tough competitor for all the lambos, Ferrari out there

I hope you are not finished (though looks like that). Please share more snaps.
Great photologue, awesome work.
@Motonanu. Forgive the lambos, even an f1 car can't beat the Peregrine Falcon in top speed and acceleration. Yes, it accelerates faster than an f1 car taking off. Totally insane for a bird!!
junaid12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 10:44   #18
BHPian
 
aravind84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 217
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Another one from the heaven for birders. Amazing log and excellent pictures. Loved the shots of the Imperial, Montagu and the Pallid harriers.

Just one quick check. Is it not the Steppe eagle ( the one you had mentioned as Short toed).

Do share more pictures as am sure there will be many more to come from this place.
aravind84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:02   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 672
Thanked: 389 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

nice...... this is more like it. Beautiful pics.


Question on tripods - I see two tripods in the pics when you are waiting in the jeep - what are those tripods and heads? Also how is the experience using tripods in Safaris when you have to shoot sitting in the gypsy?

Also - what is that big black bazooka in your last pic? I thought you only used "white" lenses?
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:33   #20
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Fantastic pictures man subscribed and threw in 5 stars , deserves it. Your compositions are mind blowing and the 1st shot of the wild ass takes the cake.
Thank you so much for the appreciations and ratings. Wildlife photography is soul satisfying as well as frustrating. When you get your desired shot it is soul satisfying and vice versa. I wanted some typical shot of the wild ass like wild ass during sunset and the sun behind it. Despite three full day safari, i could not do it because i was busy shooting other things. Till thrid day late afternoon, i did not have a decent wild ass shot. So, being last day and i was running out of time, i got this guy and asked to stop the gyosy. I was clicking some shots and suddenly this wild ass tumblled upside down. Basically, the insects were biting him. Thats what wildlife photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
WOW is the word. The third shot of the single khur with you in the frame is mind-blowing.

I could see some mouth-watering and to kill for camera gear while you were waiting for the guide to join in. Mind detailing the gear??
Actually, I was flat on the ground and setting my camera while my friend got closure to the wild ass and started clicking. I saw him quite away from me. Then i got a nice perspective. When i showed him the picture he only captioned " Ek Gadha dusara Gadha ka picture le rahahe" (one Wild ass is taking pictures of another).

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
Great photologue, awesome work.
@Motonanu. Forgive the lambos, even an f1 car can't beat the Peregrine Falcon in top speed and acceleration. Yes, it accelerates faster than an f1 car taking off. Totally insane for a bird!!
Thank you so much. Yes, the bird is insane. Finding her is difficult in Rann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Another one from the heaven for birders. Amazing log and excellent pictures. Loved the shots of the Imperial, Montagu and the Pallid harriers.

Just one quick check. Is it not the Steppe eagle ( the one you had mentioned as Short toed).

Do share more pictures as am sure there will be many more to come from this place.
Thank you so much. Yes, i have already clarified that it is Steppe eagle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
nice...... this is more like it. Beautiful pics.


Question on tripods - I see two tripods in the pics when you are waiting in the jeep - what are those tripods and heads? Also how is the experience using tripods in Safaris when you have to shoot sitting in the gypsy?

Also - what is that big black bazooka in your last pic? I thought you only used "white" lenses?
Thank you.
Tripod: This was my first ever trip to a place other than tiger reserve. The big tripod is of my friends and the small one is of mine.

He use the Nikon D4 and 600 F/4 with Gitzo the best tripod with the best Wimberly head. I was using a decent tripod of Manfrotto with a Manfrotto ball head. I realised, i need to change because 300 f/2.8 with 2x TC, it is little unstable.

I use Canon, i mean the white lenses. All the pictures are of my friends.

We were two, so my friend's tripod was fixed inside. I was more comfortbale keeping a bean bag on the gypsy. In LRK, one can get down and click. I wanted those ground level shots. So, we planned accordingly. I used to lie down on the ground and click. If i miss the shot, my friend used to click flying shots. Either one has to be lucky.

Here is the ground shot.


Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue-mh_lrk_10_2013_ground-level2sharpen-copy.jpg


Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue-owl_jan_lrk_112013-copy.jpg
Subrat Seet is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 14:44   #21
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Those lenses are lovely. Can you share details of what those lenses are? How do you protect your lenses in dusty environments such as the Rann?
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 14:49   #22
BHPian
 
sukhoi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 329
Thanked: 386 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Awesome pictures. I have seens a few posts on Rann of Kutch here and now I am very keen to go and see this beautiful place. Thanks for uploading these.
sukhoi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 14:43   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,429 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Beautiful pics! Actually the shot that is posted in the home page gives us an idea of what is in store and you don't disappoint!

Gosh, all these brilliant photographers on t-bhp really make life difficult for some of us!! I so want to go to LRK now!!

Between, 5 stars buddy!!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 20:09   #24
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Those lenses are lovely. Can you share details of what those lenses are? How do you protect your lenses in dusty environments such as the Rann?
Thank you so much. Protecting lenses are difficult in those dusty conditions. Mostly, i carry a big towel to cover them up, which is handy. I did not get you exactly abot details of lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Awesome pictures. I have seens a few posts on Rann of Kutch here and now I am very keen to go and see this beautiful place. Thanks for uploading these.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Beautiful pics! Actually the shot that is posted in the home page gives us an idea of what is in store and you don't disappoint!

Gosh, all these brilliant photographers on t-bhp really make life difficult for some of us!! I so want to go to LRK now!!

Between, 5 stars buddy!!
Thank you so much for the appreciation and ratings. Now, atleast once in a year, i will visit this place.

Some more photos.

Name:  440 Copy.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  228.4 KB

Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue-983-copy.jpg

Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue-762-copy.jpg

Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue-crane_lrk_2013-copy.jpg

Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue-widass_lrk_jan_2013-copy.jpg

Name:  PalliedHarrier_LRK_2013 Copy.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  190.5 KB

Your's Truely

Name:  _DSC6314 Copy.jpg
Views: 1671
Size:  227.3 KB

Name:  _DSC6315 Copy.jpg
Views: 1642
Size:  224.5 KB

Regards

Subrat
Subrat Seet is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 10:55   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 672
Thanked: 389 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Wow. Another nice set of pics - liked the last pic of Domisile (spelling?) Cranes especially. Keep them coming
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 15:19   #26
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 461 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
He use the Nikon D4 and 600 F/4 with Gitzo the best tripod with the best Wimberly head. I was using a decent tripod of Manfrotto with a Manfrotto ball head. I realised, i need to change because 300 f/2.8 with 2x TC, it is little unstable.
Fantastic pictures Subrat. Rann is sure photographer's paradise .


Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
WOW is the word. The third shot of the single khur with you in the frame is mind-blowing.

I could see some mouth-watering and to kill for camera gear while you were waiting for the guide to join in. Mind detailing the gear??
600mm F4 and 300mm F2.8, boy these are some biggies. Fast primes. Agree with gd, those are mouth watering and kill for camera gear .
Dodge_Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 16:14   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Excellent pictures Subrat. Great work. It would be great if you can post some of your experiences over your three day trip to add spice to the photlogue. And also may be do's and don'ts for a trip like this.
ayadalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 17:08   #28
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Wow. Another nice set of pics - liked the last pic of Domisile (spelling?) Cranes especially. Keep them coming
Thank you so much. It is Demoiselle crane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Fantastic pictures Subrat. Rann is sure photographer's paradise .




600mm F4 and 300mm F2.8, boy these are some biggies. Fast primes. Agree with gd, those are mouth watering and kill for camera gear .
Thank you so much. Yes, it is a paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadalam View Post
Excellent pictures Subrat. Great work. It would be great if you can post some of your experiences over your three day trip to add spice to the photlogue. And also may be do's and don'ts for a trip like this.
Thank you so much. The experience was great there. Generally, try to leave early as the activities are more at dawn and dusk. We used to start around 6.30 a.m. and return around 7.30 p.m. If you are going for a full day safari then carry enough water, a hat and offcourse the food being carried by the resort fellow (gypsy driver).

If you are not a avid wildlifer, then, you can comeback to your resort for lunch and then do the evening safari which we did in the first day. But, one loose lots of time.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 12:55   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 328
Thanked: 173 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Wow. The photos are mind blowing Subrat sir!! The Rann has left me in absolute awe. Don't know much about photography technically, but whatever you have done ( ) has fetched mind blowing results. Just love the way you have captured the wild life in your lens. Feels very alive and vivid!

Hats off!! Cheers
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 15:10   #30
BHPian
 
Subrat Seet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Amazing Mud Desert - Little Rann of Kutch. A Photologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Wow. The photos are mind blowing Subrat sir!! The Rann has left me in absolute awe. Don't know much about photography technically, but whatever you have done ( ) has fetched mind blowing results. Just love the way you have captured the wild life in your lens. Feels very alive and vivid!

Hats off!! Cheers
Thank you so much. The Rann is beautiful. Though, it is barren but produces variety of wildlife.
Subrat Seet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Diwali a good time to go to the Little Rann of Kutch genesis Route / Travel Queries 36 14th July 2016 16:21
Desert Storm'd into the Thar Desert and the Little Rann of Kutch //M Travelogues 67 28th November 2015 10:52
The Little Rann of Kutch-Gujarat is everything but little: Photologue robimahanta Travelogues 35 22nd April 2014 12:52
Safari Dicor & Little Rann Of Kutch Experience (Tata Motors Full Throttle) avanishphatak Travelogues 2 22nd June 2013 23:41
Kutch Kutch Hota Hai - Into Heart Of The Little Rann genesis Travelogues 81 10th November 2009 15:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks