Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th May 2013, 21:21   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata -> Kuldhia -> Bhitarkanika in a Toyota Etios

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
That is an excellent write-up. Your post will indeed help people like us to get more details on whether we can really trust our sedans to venture into the wild.. Last winter we cancelled our trip to Shimlipal as we were not being given permission to take our Dzire inside the forest. We were being advised to rent Sumos/boleros/etc for the forest trip. I am not sure if the forest officials do this pupously in order to get business for the locals. Though I understand that the forest tracks are best handled by SUVs but I guess Dzire with its decent ground clearance should be able to handle the forest roads.

Moreover, just out of curiosity, Samba, were you not charged INR 1000 for road tax at the the Jaleswar border??
Thanks a lot.
No i was not charged rs 1000 this time, apart from this trip i have crossed the Jaleswar border a number of times. Most of the times i were luck enough to escape. Only once i had to pay rs 800 as tax way back in 2008.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 16:14   #17
BHPian

Great travelogue, Samba, and great photos. Thanks for the write-up too.

Could you please tell me how to book the Forest Rest House from here in Kolkata?

@ delix - Odisha government no longer charges the road tax at Jaleswar border. Or as I have heard it - this tax is seasonal. When there is a cash crunch the tax is levied.
I went to Vizag last December and I was not charged.
noidea is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 18:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Great travelogue, Samba, and great photos. Thanks for the write-up too.

Could you please tell me how to book the Forest Rest House from here in Kolkata?
Thanks, but am sorry i didn't stay at Kuldhia so i don't have much idea how to book it from Kolkata. I have found another travelogue on Kuldhia written by senior BHPian adc and he has stayed over there. So i think he can help you out on this. Here is the link of his travelogue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-part-1-a.html (Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 1)

Last edited by Samba : 20th May 2013 at 19:05.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 16:22   #19
BHPian

1>the first picture scared the Hell out of me
2>excellent write up as usual
3>probably take a print out of this and follow the path [entertainment-auto pilot ON]
4>the etios looks ravishing in all weather/terrain
5>shall do it again together sometime
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 23:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aritraray View Post
1>the first picture scared the Hell out of me
2>excellent write up as usual
3>probably take a print out of this and follow the path [entertainment-auto pilot ON]
4>the etios looks ravishing in all weather/terrain
5>shall do it again together sometime
Thanks a lot Aritra. Yes will love to go to Bhitarkanika once again with you. If we plan out a trip to Bhitarkanika will include Satkoshia too, another beautiful forest in Orissa, i bet you will love it. Though am yet to explore it but have seen beautiful pictures of the place.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:24   #21
BHPian

One of my friend visited Sand and pebbles resort recently and according to him he was searching there website and he saw them using one of my pic, I checked the website and saw the pic inside the tent was taken by me. I shared this pic in this team bhp travelogue too ! I dont know i should be happy or angry as they are using it without my permission! But some how i didn't feel bad.

Here is the link!
http://www.sandpebblestours.com/bhit...ungle-resort/#

And on a different note my friend was really happy with the way they got treated from Sand and pebbles and the biggest news is he spotted a King cobra!

In another occasion i was viewing the 12 road trips which one must do in his life time and i again got surprised! On point 9 (Darjeeling to Pelling) i could again see a pic taken by me and they have put the source as Team Bhp!

http://grabhouse.com/urbancocktail/1...-take-friends/

I used this pic in this Team Bhp travelogue.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ota-etios.html (Darjeeling -> Pelling -> Holong in a Toyota Etios)

Mods- If this post is irrelevant please delete it or move it to the correct place.

Last edited by Samba : 3rd February 2015 at 21:26.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 12:03   #22
BHPian

I agree! It's not good to use pictures without appropriate permission of the owner, specially so for commercial purposes.
gearhead_mait is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote