Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 17:23   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,190
Thanked: 4,230 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
What I paid: Hotel Annapurna, single, Heritage room (was small, surely not fit for family) - Rs.8500 per night. (includes breakfast, wifi, airport transfer).
I had seen better deals online, but chose to go by partner's suggestion. Also, Hotel Everest is another big property, but outskirts of city.

regards,
Thanks a lot Pranav. BTW, that looks expensive, but understandably as they are premium hotels. However I think mid-range hotels would be much cheaper.

I have kept Nepal for long in my to-do list. Let's see when it happens.

Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 18:15   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 508
Thanked: 557 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
What I paid: Hotel Annapurna, single, Heritage room (was small, surely not fit for family) - Nepali Rupees 8500 per night. That comes to around INR 5300 per night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks a lot Pranav. BTW, that looks expensive, but understandably as they are premium hotels. However I think mid-range hotels would be much cheaper.

I have kept Nepal for long in my to-do list. Let's see when it happens.

Thanks,
Saket
looks like a timing issue, I tried fast to edit my post; its actually INR 5300/- (incl all tax).

infact I was planning with family two months back, but had to cancel due to some other commitments. Look, soon I got a chance to visit this lovely place, but without family, and that too for short period.
pcpranav is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:39   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

pcpranav - Good aerial photos there. I thought Nepal would be cheaper than many hillstations in India. How about other expenses like commutation, window shopping etc.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 16:07   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 508
Thanked: 557 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
pcpranav - Good aerial photos there. I thought Nepal would be cheaper than many hillstations in India. How about other expenses like commutation, window shopping etc.
thanks that you liked the pics. honestly, I dont have much idea on these areas. as I mentioned, my bit of city travel was in my colleague's vehicle. food was reasonably prices looking at the menu; my partner there is a real good host! for cars, he told that import duty is ~200%.
pcpranav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:31   #20
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 461 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Nice pictures there. Reminded my tour of Nepal a year back same time. Political unrest had started just few days before our departure. Though tourists were mostly safe, we did have few heart in mouth situations specially at Chitwan.

Did you happen to visit Pokhra? I found that place to be the best in my tour.
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 19:09   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 508
Thanked: 557 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Nice pictures there. Reminded my tour of Nepal a year back same time. Political unrest had started just few days before our departure. Though tourists were mostly safe, we did have few heart in mouth situations specially at Chitwan.

Did you happen to visit Pokhra? I found that place to be the best in my tour.
actually, short official trip out there, only in Kathmandu. one early morning could only visit Patan Durbar Square, Lalitpur. like a touch-n-go trip, unfortunately.
pcpranav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:31   #22
BHPian
 
Ikoner_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Thats great. IBM is having a week long seminar in Kathmandu.I cancelled my trip to Nepal and nominated a team member due to last minute deliverable's. :( Place looks excellent wish I could have gone there.
Ikoner_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:32   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 508
Thanked: 557 Times
Default Re: Photologue : A Trip to Kathmandu, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Thats great. IBM is having a week long seminar in Kathmandu.I cancelled my trip to Nepal and nominated a team member due to last minute deliverable's. :( Place looks excellent wish I could have gone there.
sorry that your missed such chance.
these days the climate is superb, daytime around 23-24 degrees; one of the night it even rained.
pcpranav is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nepal (Kathmandu and Pokhara) : Dashain, Religion, Phailin and Fun SS-Traveller Travelogues 52 15th February 2016 13:08
Self driven road trip, Siliguri (W.B) to Kathmandu (Nepal) amrisharm Travelogues 78 23rd March 2015 14:20
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Kathmandu/Tibet- Itenary Now Posted deky Route / Travel Queries 57 28th February 2011 18:23
Delhi to Kathmandu....by road ridinthru' Route / Travel Queries 2 21st November 2009 09:01
Bagdogra to Kathmandu by Road : Queries kshastry Route / Travel Queries 7 19th June 2007 12:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks