Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:26   #16
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 894
Thanked: 4,907 Times
Default Re: Unplanned Visit to the Scintillating Patratu!

Very nice travelogue enjoyed every bit of it! The pictures are really breathtaking.

Around 24th-27th January 2014 i have some work in Ranchi and am planning to drive from Kolkata. I thought of taking Kolkata- Barhi- Hazaribag- Ramgarh- Ranchi route avoiding the traffic of Dhanbad and the bad stretch between Dhanbad and Bokaro but now am considering to take a detour through Patratu from Ramgarh. Specially for the scenic ghat section. Thanks a lot for sharing this. And yes if every thing goes as per plan we can have a small meet too!

Mostly i will be staying at hotel Emerald. Am not sure of its location, you must be knowing it better. If everything goes as per plan will definitely PM you before the visit.

Last edited by Samba : 2nd September 2013 at 17:33.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,191
Thanked: 4,245 Times
Default Re: Unplanned Visit to the Scintillating Patratu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Very nice travelogue enjoyed every bit of it! The pictures are really breathtaking.

Around 24th-27th January 2014 i have some work in Ranchi and am planning to drive from Kolkata. I thought of taking Kolkata- Barhi- Hazaribag- Ramgarh- Ranchi route avoiding the traffic of Dhanbad and the bad stretch between Dhanbad and Bokaro but now am considering to take a detour through Patratu from Ramgarh. Specially for the scenic ghat section. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
Thank you! About the route, I will suggest that you first come to Ranchi by your planned route (since you can get tired after a long drive) and plan a trip to Patratu on the next day or whenever time permits. Patratu can be done within half of the day since its just 40-45 Kms from Ranchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
And yes if every thing goes as per plan we can have a small meet too!
Of course! Will be glad to meet a BHPian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Mostly i will be staying at hotel Emerald. Am not sure of its location, you must be knowing it better. If everything goes as per plan will definitely PM you before the visit.
Yes, Hotel Emerald is near what we call it Hinoo Bridge ( Location-Hinoo). Very much within the city and most places are easily approachable.
saket77 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The scintillating Patratu Valley in Jharkhand //M Travelogues 142 7th December 2017 09:42
A 3-day visit to Delhi in July, need some advice on places to visit roadracer Route / Travel Queries 12 17th January 2012 11:39
Short Visit to Chennai(1st Visit):Please suggest Hotel/Lodge and Things to Do ashwinsid Route / Travel Queries 7 22nd January 2010 09:41
Unplanned malls adding to the chaos.... lohithrao Street Experiences 54 9th February 2008 09:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks