Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th June 2013, 15:40   #31

Default Re: Civved : Devarayanadurga

Hi Lalu Guru,

I have been keenly following your "Civved" adventures and it makes interesting reading getting to know so many places. I have driven along the Tumkur highway upteen times and could never locate Pavitra Idly House. Some how this place has always eluded me. Can you please tell me exactly where is this place situated so that the next time I will make it a point to have breakfast here? Is it along the main highway or should one take a deviation towards Doddaballapur i.e. the service road from the main highway?

- BlrGuy
BlrGuy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 17:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hoyeee, seems like you digested the thatte idli well

So, here is our HAL (Hari-Arvind-Lalu. hehehe) going for another breakfast drive - I know that was just a reason...

Lalu & Hari, I am not going to say any comments on your pictures. It has become very usual that we need to keep repeating the same praises!!!

Lalu, I wonder if you have crossed 2lacs click on those gadget now. Right?

Miss those days...

EDIT: What's is our Shiny RED Ford Ikon guy doing?
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 17:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Lovely pics! The drive upto the temple is always a fun one - especially once you turn off the highway. Since you were in the area, you should've paid us a visit - at lease for chai
I didn't know. Next time Chai for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Lovely pictures !!!

The temple at the top of the hill is our family deity and have been visiting this place for the past 30 odd years. During childhood, there was only one bus from Bangalore to take people there and going there was nothing short of a "well planned" activity. There were no vehicles to take people to the top, hence had to trek all the way to the top, which was fun for us kids.

We still try to drive there atleast two times in a year :-)
I saw many steps being made there with a shelter in between. This was not there when I visited in 2009. The place is quite beautiful, and you get to see it often - lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wonderful pictures as usual, Lalu sir! I felt like paying one more visit to this place, the images with beautiful cloud formation are just amazing! I see there are few things changed since our last visit a few years back but not too many! We took a different route to come out somewhere beyond tumkur last time, don't remember it but was through wonderful forest area I guess. The place that you guys stopped before the hill/temple looks interesting, will find out more around that! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Nice write up, Lalu. Thanks for sharing

Devarayanadurga is a fantastic place for a day picnic. Club that with Shivagange you can have your day full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdc View Post
Awesome Post !! Some great pictures. I especially liked the one with the Bikes lined up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
Nice write up!

We rode up to Devarayanadurga last Saturday with all our colleagues from work on our respective Bulls!

Loved every bit of the ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Amazing pictures and mouth-watering dishes. Great detailing captured! The B/W pic of Civic looks very nice.
Thank you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Nice pics and write up! I'd been to devarayanadurga last year around the same time. Landed up at the wrong place at the wrong time, were the only three going up the hill and were attacked by monkeys who made away with my friends phone!

But the sheer beauty of the place even at noon, and whatever pics i clicked on my not so great android camera were well worth it. After looking at your pics including the delicious idli's will plan a trip soon, hope the monkeys spare us this time
May be by this time the monkey with the phone would have networked with many and would be busy liking facebook posts .
The monkeys spared us this time around. Hopefully they'll spare you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Nice account of a well spent Sunday with family and friends. And when Lalu is the author of the experience you can be assured of a detailed, informative, fun filled account with very good pictures as well. Thanks for sharing, brought back memories of an early morning drive to Devarayanduraga to catch sunrise!
Thanks NPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
. But then I was not aware of Pavitra then. We ended up at whatever found. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlrGuy View Post
Hi Lalu Guru,

I have been keenly following your "Civved" adventures and it makes interesting reading getting to know so many places. I have driven along the Tumkur highway upteen times and could never locate Pavitra Idly House. Some how this place has always eluded me. Can you please tell me exactly where is this place situated so that the next time I will make it a point to have breakfast here? Is it along the main highway or should one take a deviation towards Doddaballapur i.e. the service road from the main highway?

- BlrGuy
If you are driving from Bangalore, just before Tumkur, there is a tooll booth. Immediately after crossing this booth at the first intersection take a U turn and get to the service lane on the other side. You'll find it immediately on the service road.

Civved : Devarayanadurga-googlemap20130615_172804.jpg

Civved : Devarayanadurga-untitled.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Lalu, I wonder if you have crossed 2lacs click on those gadget now. Right?

Miss those days...

EDIT: What's is our Shiny RED Ford Ikon guy doing?
The device keeps on clicking.

The Ford Ikon guy got married and is Stormeing away somewhere these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Lovely writeup Lalu and of course the photographs are to be long cherished.
It was a really enjoyable day with the kids and the weather was just perfect for a day outing, hope to do some more of these short but lovely trips with you and your family.
Sure Sir
Thanks for the invite for this lovely Drive
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 18:28   #34
BHPian

Laluks et al, excellent way to spend a weekend. Really brought back memories when me and my friends drove to this place in June 2000 on our Yezdi's. Am going to find what those guys are doing now and try for another trip. Obviously the tumkur road wasnt around and we had to take ever winding roads that were not as good as what you have shown. Really appreciate for sharing this.

@NPV - we should be doing this as well - what do you think?
FuelInjector is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 20:49   #35
BHPian

Yet another nostalgic travelogue for me! Thanks for posting this. Am a big fan for your travelogues.

Regarding Shivaganga trek i want to tell you one thing. For this start as early as 4-30 am from Bangalore, reach Shivaganga by 5-30am and start your trek. As the day progresses and the heat increases the trek becomes too hectic. I managed to start the trek by 5-30am and reached the top by 7am. Must say it was amazing. We were literally walking through the clouds with the early morning breeze. My friends who came later , they started by 9am and were completely exhausted by the time they made it up till the top. Plus they took around 3 hours to climb up!

Last edited by Samba : 15th June 2013 at 20:54.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 10:38   #36
BHPian

Thanks Lalu Jee.

I am going to DD, this saturday with couple of other 4X4 BHPians. If weather permits, will go top down on our Jeeps. Thanks for sharing your travalogue.

Andy
Grace is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 11:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Sunday

To all the riding fans out there!
Attachment 1096411
continued...

Wonderful Pics and a very well written travelogue.
@LukeSkywalker: yes Sir,This group is Naked Wolves to which I also belong to .A group exclusively for Pulsar 200 NS owners..Unfortunately, I was not a part of the DD hills ride because of other engagements . Missed a golden opportunity to meet up with you all.Pics of your rides and our Bikes \*smiiles*/ are drool materials.
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 14:04   #38

Lovely post and pictures. Is there any effect you were adding to the pictures, specially the trees / landscapes or is it simply noise, looking good by the way. Can you share if so. Thanks.
specialedition is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 18:26   #39
BHPian

Nice account of the DD hills there.

I remember going there for my first ever roadtrip while I was studying in Bangalore. It took me a moment to realize that this is the same place..

Really nice clicks, as usual laluks

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 13:44   #40
BHPian

Laluks Guru,
Once Again brilliant narration and Great pictures. The fabulous pics of your "civvy" in those backgrounds speaks volumes of your love for the car and the nature around it
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 16:46   #41
DRC
BHPian

Thats a great write-up and beautiful pics.
BTW, Devarayanadurga is D of DRC. Thanks for visiting here. I am glad you enjoyed the place!
DRC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 20:42   #42
BHPian

Nice one Lalu, enjoyed every bit of it. The icecream pictures are very inviting. I will put this place to my list of drives. Thanks for sharing.

LSK : The black storm looks spic and span as ever.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 13:09   #43
BHPian

First of all, thank you so much for sharing. That's such a great write up! And the pics were awesome. Especially the B&W one of your beautiful Civic, with the cloud formation in the background.

Reading threads like this, and SS-Traveller's and ADC's and..... make me feel everytime that I am in wonderful company. Team BHP rocks!!! Your sparkling sense of humour also comes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
May be by this time the monkey with the phone would have networked with many and would be busy liking facebook posts .
The monkeys spared us this time around. Hopefully they'll spare you too!
Or maybe, if he is an motor enthusiast like us, he would be busy checking out the T-BHP Android app!
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 16:22   #44
BHPian

Hi Lalu,wonderful pictures. Good to see the kids enjoying. Thanks for the route map. What was the road condition from Tumkur to Devarayanadurga?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 17:13   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Hi Lalu,wonderful pictures. Good to see the kids enjoying. Thanks for the route map. What was the road condition from Tumkur to Devarayanadurga?
These roads are pretty good for a weekend drive. BLR-DD Hills is very nice.
DD Hills to Tumkur is either via Dobbappet (in which case its a 4-lane),

Or if you go via Koratagere, you hit Koratagere-Tumkur SH which is also good.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote