Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th July 2013, 14:10   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The first rains: A weekend in Madikeri

The stones piled on top of each other is practice in southern india especially tamilnadu done by devotees who dont have a house of their own,it is a belief that if you pile stones like this soon you will have a dwelling of your own, I have seen this in marudamalai muruga temple near coimbatore and when inquired was told by the people there.Great place to visit in monsoon, coorg.
vindrider2626 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 17:32   #17

Fantastic report and very colorful photographs. I am planning a ride /Drive to Coorg next month. And consider staying at the same homestay. Looks very promising for some landscape photography :-)
cks3976 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 21:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrosarit View Post
Madikeri has always been a great attraction during the monsoons the weather just being so brilliant. The locations pictured are awesome and attractive hope to visit soon.
Thank you nitrosarit.
Madikeri is indeed blissful during the monsoons. You'll fall in love with the weather there! Enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
The stones piled on top of each other is practice in southern india especially tamilnadu done by devotees who dont have a house of their own,it is a belief that if you pile stones like this soon you will have a dwelling of your own, I have seen this in marudamalai muruga temple near coimbatore and when inquired was told by the people there.Great place to visit in monsoon, coorg.
Thank you vindrider.
Was wondering throughout the climb what this meant! Even inquired, but in vain. Thank you for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cks3976 View Post
Fantastic report and very colorful photographs. I am planning a ride /Drive to Coorg next month. And consider staying at the same homestay. Looks very promising for some landscape photography :-)
Thank you cks3976.
Coorg in August would mean a lot more greenery around. It would definitely help as you mentioned about landscape photography.
The homestay is right inside their coffee estate, a beautiful setting amidst the coffee shrubs and the tall trees!
Awaiting a colorful travelogue from you too.
raju_sls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 11:25   #19
BHPian

Madkeri is indeed an absolute bliss in the monsoons! I , along with my family had been there last year and The trip was pretty much the same as u have described it Raju . Time well wasted i would like to say .I have a beautiful panoramic photograph of the hills at the descent from talacauvery . But i cant reduce the file size to 1mb (-_-) . it would look horrible otherwise . Wish you many more happy miles raju ! im sure the NICE road drive was quite fun .
Amogh Barakol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2013, 15:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Day 2

That part of Karnataka is always one of the most beautiful during monsoon - your photos make it even more so

What's the tariff at Kamavva home stay? Is it a veg only place or do they have non-veg too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju_sls View Post

A weird looking insect. No, its not a snail.
It's a pill millipede - made it's entry in Team-bhp in jacs' travelogue earlier

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...so-far-123.jpg
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2013, 09:31   #21
BHPian

Hi Raju,

Nice Photos. Especially the monastery. The weather made the place more attractive.

Cheers.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 10:35   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
Madkeri is indeed an absolute bliss in the monsoons! I , along with my family had been there last year and The trip was pretty much the same as u have described it Raju . Time well wasted i would like to say .I have a beautiful panoramic photograph of the hills at the descent from talacauvery . But i cant reduce the file size to 1mb (-_-) . it would look horrible otherwise . Wish you many more happy miles raju ! im sure the NICE road drive was quite fun .
Thank you Amogh.
One has to go there to experience the beauty. Photographs do little justice to it.
And about the time well wasted,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
That part of Karnataka is always one of the most beautiful during monsoon - your photos make it even more so
What's the tariff at Kamavva home stay? Is it a veg only place or do they have non-veg too?
It's a pill millipede - made it's entry in Team-bhp in jacs' travelogue earlier
Thank you mallumwgli.
Non-veg is served too at this place, and about the tariff please do enquire with the hosts as we were offered some discount, being recommended by a friend.
But, I tell you it isn't expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hi Raju,
Nice Photos. Especially the monastery. The weather made the place more attractive.
Cheers.
Thank you voyageur.
Totally argee with you, the weather indeed heightened the beauty of this place.
raju_sls is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote