Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st January 2008, 21:07   #16
BHPian

Hi! I am visiting Madikeri this weekend. Just wanted to know from you folks if there is something I should look out for. I want to see Tibetan monastery on the way to Madikeri and while coming back, see KRS. Thanks
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 08:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Hi! I am visiting Madikeri this weekend. Just wanted to know from you folks if there is something I should look out for. I want to see Tibetan monastery on the way to Madikeri and while coming back, see KRS. Thanks
Nothing specific really! Road conditions are not that good after Kushalnagar but still doable...Read the following thread as well
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...revisited.html (Weekend Travelogue: Coorg Revisited !!)

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 21:50   #18

Great account & lovely pics!! Thanks a lot..

Refreshed my memories of Medikeri trip of Feb'06. Though we had just few hours of stop over but sights of Abbey Falls, Raja seat are so fresh in my mind. So is our return journey to Hassan. We left Madikeri around 7:00PM for Hassan through lonely roads of coffee estates & reached around 10:30 PM after struggling through directions.

At that time Mysore-Madikeri road was in complete mess due to road construction activity. Whats the status now??
Pankaj1126 is offline   Reply With Quote