Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 14:19   #16
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Nice photologue sameer Rains somehow brings out the best of Western ghats.

Suggest the next time you space out the photos and write ups to keep the reader more interested.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 19:04   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tiruppur
Posts: 115
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Sameer, superb photologue. Bhimashankar temple and its surrounds look gorgeous in the rain and the mist. The crab snaps were too good. You could have added a snap of a prepared Kandi Pedha for us people ignorant of Maharashtrian delicacies.
venkatt1800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 19:44   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Apparently being a jyotirling, I guess photography is not allowed in the sanctum sanctorum.

Nice photos. Apparently it seems the Bhimashankar forest is a protected one and boasts of Leopards too. Any traces? Is this trekking route that you took, frequented by a lot of pilgrims?
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 20:01   #19
BHPian
 
sameervg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Thane
Posts: 88
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Apparently being a jyotirling, I guess photography is not allowed in the sanctum sanctorum.

Nice photos. Apparently it seems the Bhimashankar forest is a protected one and boasts of Leopards too. Any traces? Is this trekking route that you took, frequented by a lot of pilgrims?
Thanks for your comments. Although being protected forest we could spot only Monkeys, few species of birds, crabs and ants.
sameervg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 21:35   #20
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 461 Times
Default

That forest is home to giant squirrel called shekaru locally. Its a treat to watch them if you are lucky .
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 22:06   #21
BHPian
 
powerband_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 30
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
Thanks for your comments. Although being protected forest we could spot only Monkeys, few species of birds, crabs and ants.
Nice outing that! The fog/flora/fauna is typical Bhimashankar in the rains. Just lovely.
Have been there in all seasons. Always driven down and trekked once there, as there's loads to explore for nature lovers. If you want to experience the thrill of sighting animals you should visit during dry seasons and sit at a water-hole at night in a camouflaged bunker. Have had some hair-raising experiences!
powerband_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 23:41   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 327
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Wonderful photographs. I think the peak in 3rd post is "Nanacha Angtha". Please confirm.

Also trekkers visiting Bhimashankar can't miss the "Nagphani" view point. Assuming your permission to post a view of this point from my collection.

Believe me, reaching here via the jungle route can be taxing but very rewarding. The view is really breathtaking - may be my photography does not make enough justice to it.

Bhimashankar  My first official Trek-nagphani.jpg
mayuresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 10:13   #23
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 461 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Wonderful photographs. I think the peak in 3rd post is "Nanacha Angtha". Please confirm.
I think that should be Padargad. Another seperate trek.
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 12:19   #24
BHPian
 
sameervg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Thane
Posts: 88
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Bhimashankar My first official Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
That forest is home to giant squirrel called shekaru locally. Its a treat to watch them if you are lucky .
Unfortunately we could not spot giant squirrels but they would have spotted us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerband_rider View Post
Nice outing that! The fog/flora/fauna is typical Bhimashankar in the rains. Just lovely.
Have been there in all seasons. Always driven down and trekked once there, as there's loads to explore for nature lovers. If you want to experience the thrill of sighting animals you should visit during dry seasons and sit at a water-hole at night in a camouflaged bunker. Have had some hair-raising experiences!
Thanks for your inputs. I have visited only twice and that too in rains. Will try visiting summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Wonderful photographs. I think the peak in 3rd post is "Nanacha Angtha". Please confirm.

Also trekkers visiting Bhimashankar can't miss the "Nagphani" view point. Assuming your permission to post a view of this point from my collection.

Believe me, reaching here via the jungle route can be taxing but very rewarding. The view is really breathtaking - may be my photography does not make enough justice to it.

Attachment 1107632
Thanks Mayuresh. Next time we are planning for Gupt Bhimashankar and Nagphani as well. Heard both spots are fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
I think that should be Padargad. Another seperate trek.
Yes its another trek of Padargad.

Cheers !
sameervg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Royal Enfield Bullet ride, a Flight and a sub-zero Ice Trek! [Zanskar Chadar trek] adc Travelogues 49 1st January 2016 13:29
Bangalore-Gokarna-Kolhapur-Bhimashankar-Trimbak-Shirdi-Tuljapur-Pandharpur-Bijapur-Ho rkg Travelogues 16 28th October 2012 20:19
Memorable trip to Bhimashankar Night Rider Travelogues 14 17th August 2011 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks