Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2013, 22:14   #151
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Day 08
29th December 2012
Sultan Battery - Varambetta Mosque - Mahe - Thalassery - Kannur - Mangalore - Karwar - Goa (Palolem)

Some more pictures from Muzhupilangadu drive in beach
Name:  DSC05578.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0799.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0807.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  95.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0817.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0818.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0833.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0844.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0845.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0850Edit.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  72.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0851Edit.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  65.7 KB

By 18:30 we left the beach and drove towards Kannur. Kannur was another 20 KMs

continued...
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 22:29   #152
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Day 08
29th December 2012
Sultan Battery - Varambetta Mosque - Mahe - Thalassery - Kannur - Mangalore - Karwar - Goa (Palolem)

I drove directly to Parassinikadavu Temple and by the time we were back to Kannur Engineering college it was 20:30 hours.

Wifey spend a nostalgic few moments at the gate, much to the surprise of the security
Name:  DSC_0854Edit.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  103.0 KB

We had dinner at the KTDC restaurant near Engineering college. I am already looking like a Zombie!
Name:  DSC05581.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  91.4 KB

Over the nice dinner at Kannur KTDC restaurant, near to Kannur Govt. Engineering college, I was thinking about the very tiring day that we have had today. I was thinking that I must get a room here at KTDC and sleep, and then drive the next day to Goa.

After dinner I was lazing around near the car, asked my family that we will go for a drive before we stop for the night somewhere in Kannur.

It was already 21:30 hours. I just drove out and in no time the PPG's were asleep. My wifey too fell asleep in a few moments.

I was on the NH17, heading aimlessly. I had a thought - why not Goa for sunrise? Well that seemed like a plan...and drove through the night to Goa on NH17 from Kannur on 29th Night.


Day 09
30th December 2012

GOA

Around 02:30AM I reached Maravanthe. A small tea shop was still open. Stopped the car, and had a good tea in the wee hours enjoying the cold breeze from the Sea and enjoyed the calm river on the other side. After spending nearly 30 minutes and refreshed I drove towards Goa.

By 05:30AM I crossed the border near Karwar, and drove in to Goa. Headed to Palolem beach and by 06:00AM I parked the car in Palolem.




Woke up my wife and told her "Good morning, Welcome to Goa "

She screamed W H A A A A T



In the melee PPGs too woke up and was shocked!

Well that was the drive to Goa....It could not have been better than that.....

You can read the Goa episode here. (Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...)

As for now that's how our Christmas trip to Wayanad concluded.

The END





I will write about our second trip, the anniversary drive we did to Wayanad on February 2013 soon.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 22:45   #153
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Laluks, what really surprises me and which I am never able to understand is that, how you manage to drive such long distances (which in itself is a daunting task for people like me) and simultaneously take so many photos, not missing even the smallest detail of the travel. Yes - I am fan of HVK but I am also a fan of Laluks.

Expected more photos of the HVK meet - or is it that it is a seperate thread by itself?

Had food for today. As usual Waiting for more.

- Sai
Sai,

Thanks for the fan part
I somehow am able to do both, thanks to the helping hands of my PPGs too.

I did not click much pictures of the HVK meet, and since I did not participate in the convoy driving events I don't have a clue to where all they drove by. So unfortunately, this is all what I have of the meet.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 23:33   #154
BHPian
 
Ddrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

One nice travelogue again sir. Wonderful log with great pictures.

Wayanad looked abundant & better - virtually here, rather than seen personally on those very same days. It was pleasant seeing you and your family live... just inches afar, in Bathery .

Looks like you crossed Karwar in the wee hours.. no photos of Karwar sir (this time) ?
I really wanted some more pictures of Karwar through your lens.

Regards
Ddrive.

Last edited by Ddrive : 21st July 2013 at 23:51.
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:36   #155
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
One nice travelogue again sir. Wonderful log with great pictures.

Wayanad looked abundant & better - virtually here, rather than seen personally on those very same days. It was pleasant seeing you and your family live... just inches afar, in Bathery .

Looks like you crossed Karwar in the wee hours.. no photos of Karwar sir (this time) ?
I really wanted some more pictures of Karwar through your lens.

Regards
Ddrive.
Thanks Ddrive.
Oh! You were a part of the HVK meet. Sorry, if personally we could not meet each other.

I passed Karwar around 5ish in the morning. But there are some pictures of Karwar - Tagore beach, etc.. in my Goa log from a previous trip of 2008. You can check this link (Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...)

For Devbagh Beach in Karwar from 2009 visit, you can check this link (Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...)
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:26   #156
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, AU
Posts: 844
Thanked: 587 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Great travelogue as usual. Especially the photographs are outstanding. Seeing Kerala in photographs making me nostalgic. Especially those mouthwatering foods.

By the way what is the odometer reading of your Civic now?
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:43   #157
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Great travelogue as usual. Especially the photographs are outstanding. Seeing Kerala in photographs making me nostalgic. Especially those mouthwatering foods.

By the way what is the odometer reading of your Civic now?
Thanks MaxToque
Civvy has done around 97K
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:20   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 704 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

From looking like a zombie to driving almost 3/4th of the west coast

Amazing as usual.

Have been to Wayanad quite a few times - but am yet to make a satisfactory trip. And there are still lots of places left to see and places visited till now can be considered visited only from a statistical point of view

Btw - the Kallayi kadavu in the song is another river near Calicut. And Mahe river is Mayyazhi in Malayalam not Mazhazhi (spelling mistake )
mallumowgli is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:27   #159
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post

Btw - the Kallayi kadavu in the song is another river near Calicut. And Mahe river is Mayyazhi in Malayalam not Mazhazhi (spelling mistake )
Spelling mistake, converting Mallu to English itself was tough on this Zombie.

Aha! I thought so. This Kallayi Kadavu was too tiny for a poet to take notice
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:02   #160
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,633 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Hello laluks

That's one amazing travelogue there. Being from Kerala, I must shamefully admit that I have never been to Wyanad in my life.

We live in Bangalore, and have relatives at Edakkara (near Chunkathara). Do you think it would be a good idea to stay overnight at Edakkara and spend a couple of days (mainly the Independence Day weekend) visiting some of these places in Wyanad / Sulthan Bathery? Or is there a really good accommodation that you would recommend in Wyanad itself? Will it be too much of a pain to drive to-and-from Edakkara every day?

Thanks in advance!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:27   #161
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
We live in Bangalore, and have relatives at Edakkara (near Chunkathara). Do you think it would be a good idea to stay overnight at Edakkara and spend a couple of days (mainly the Independence Day weekend) visiting some of these places in Wyanad / Sulthan Bathery? Or is there a really good accommodation that you would recommend in Wyanad itself? Will it be too much of a pain to drive to-and-from Edakkara every day?
Thanks Viju.

If the traffic on nadugani which I experienced is anything to go by I would advice against it every day. That's like nearly 100Km both ways everyday and will easily take 3 hours everyday. I would suggest a stay at Wayanad to avoid this.

Hotel Isaac Regency is a decent hotel with Bed and breakfast. A double AC room would be in the range of 1800/- Now a days with so much of rains a non AC would also do just fine I guess and that is around 1400.

http://www.issacsregency.com/tariff.htm

This was the place HVK Fan club too organised for their stay.

Forget about all other fancy resorts, whose costs will make you feel you are in some other world!
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:23   #162
BHPian
 
Viju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Narita
Posts: 866
Thanked: 1,633 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks Viju.

Hotel Isaac Regency is a decent hotel with Bed and breakfast. A double AC room would be in the range of 1800/- Now a days with so much of rains a non AC would also do just fine I guess and that is around 1400.

http://www.issacsregency.com/tariff.htm

This was the place HVK Fan club too organised for their stay.
Thanks a lot laluks!

That brings me to my next question. If the rains are going to stay on in August also, do you think this trip is worth it?! I mean, I plan to go with my wife and 19 month old daughter. If we cannot go out anywhere, it may not make sense, right?
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:49   #163
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Thanks a lot laluks!

That brings me to my next question. If the rains are going to stay on in August also, do you think this trip is worth it?! I mean, I plan to go with my wife and 19 month old daughter. If we cannot go out anywhere, it may not make sense, right?
I hope the rains to subside by then, else you can do a rainy drive and back to Edakkara
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:21   #164
Senior - BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,620 Times
Default

Hey! Awesome TL... Actually all your travelogues have lent enormously to the perspective of our country.

Your travelogues aren't just informative but an experience in themselves.

It'd be great if they were also available offline in an E-Book form.

Also, I simply needed ask, whats the best of best economy the Civic has given you. In all kinds of terrains if you've kept a watch.

Regards,
B
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:45   #165
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Hey! Awesome TL... Actually all your travelogues have lent enormously to the perspective of our country.

Your travelogues aren't just informative but an experience in themselves.

It'd be great if they were also available offline in an E-Book form.

Also, I simply needed ask, whats the best of best economy the Civic has given you. In all kinds of terrains if you've kept a watch.

Regards,
B
Thanks GrammarNazi.

Infact many of my friends have been telling me about the ebook part. But I am so pampered by the simple and easy way I can write in TBHP and it had made me lazy in my attempts to format and compile an ebook. It seems to take too much time. Nevertheless, I will definitely try it one day

Civvy's best I have seen so far are 13ish and least 9ish. I am a spirited driver when it come to Civvy
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar laluks Travelogues 113 15th May 2017 09:40
Civved : Gavi laluks Travelogues 112 10th August 2016 12:46
Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore... laluks Travelogues 263 20th July 2015 17:57
Civved : Parambikulam, Gavi, Vagamon via Thekkady & Valparai laluks Travelogues 311 6th March 2013 23:20
Civved : Yercaud via Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry laluks Travelogues 112 13th September 2012 08:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks