Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 18:51   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 761
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

laluks
Your travelogues make me glue to my monitor. Nice and crisp as always.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 20:16   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 596
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Nice travelogue and snaps. The food seems to be a perfect blend of the cultures.
I am wondering about the generic name of the third fish snap. The first one is the Parrot followed by Shark.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 07:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
laluks
Your travelogues make me glue to my monitor. Nice and crisp as always.
Thanks unk9ja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Nice travelogue and snaps. The food seems to be a perfect blend of the cultures.
I am wondering about the generic name of the third fish snap. The first one is the Parrot followed by Shark.
Thanks Utopian.
Thanks for the names of those beautiful fishes. The third one I have no clue!
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 10:38   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: chennai
Posts: 128
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Excellent travelouge laluks, I have been to pondicherry so many times but never seen it so beautiful, but on seeing the place through your eyes it is fantastic, a completely new perspective.
vipinendran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 10:51   #35
BHPian
 
Mister_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 133
Thanked: 123 Times
Arrow Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Another one from Civved series, keep it coming Lalu ji.

All my life I too have travelled; travelled around the world with no big idea of what exactly and how to enjoy. It just used to be a checklist of how many places / countries / continents we have "ticked" + a few photos for proof. The very perspective of travel has changed to a new dimension man; Thanks for sharing your time, eyes and brains --> in today's mechanically operating society, such eye-openers are really needed.

I remember Sam and his epilogues too now (along with his experience at the Dunes Village Resort - which I did too last April); though he is not here with us, his immense thoughts are definitely floating amongst us.

It is not just "Love Cars and Live Cars", it is also "Love Life and Live Life". I am definitely getting better on both these phrases with this single web-community 'T-BHP'. Thanks for all your continuous contributions.

(Slightly off-topic: Motivated with your Kerala episodes, we <<includes fellow BHPian Jetta_Volkmann>> are travelling around Alapuzha this weekend; wish us good luck too )

Cheers!
M

Last edited by Mister_M : 11th September 2013 at 10:55.
Mister_M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 12:20   #36
BHPian
 
rahulsharma2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MH03
Posts: 154
Thanked: 230 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

This travelogue inspires me to this beautiful union territory. Lovely set of pics and nice narration as well.

Loved that pic with the caption "The place had an old world charm!"

Cant conclude who is more beautiful - Pondicherry, your civic or your family
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 12:39   #37
Newbie
 
Vancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: KA-51/KL-58
Posts: 24
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Wow.. Another superb log. I never realised that there were so many parks and churches in Pondy though I have been there countless times. (Most of the trips were in search of 'you know what' ).
Im glued to all your t-logs and keep reading the older ones over and over again. If I ever get kicked out of this job, Lalu sir, you are responsible.
Vancho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 14:52   #38
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 474
Thanked: 918 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Hi Laluks

As always, your TLs have a wonderful narration and great pictures. Your narration gives the local flavor and the pictures tell the stories - in a thousand unspoken words.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 16:16   #39
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Excellent travelouge laluks, I have been to pondicherry so many times but never seen it so beautiful, but on seeing the place through your eyes it is fantastic, a completely new perspective.
Thanks vipin for the nice words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Another one from Civved series, keep it coming Lalu ji.

All my life I too have travelled; travelled around the world with no big idea of what exactly and how to enjoy. It just used to be a checklist of how many places / countries / continents we have "ticked" + a few photos for proof. The very perspective of travel has changed to a new dimension man; Thanks for sharing your time, eyes and brains --> in today's mechanically operating society, such eye-openers are really needed.

I remember Sam and his epilogues too now (along with his experience at the Dunes Village Resort - which I did too last April); though he is not here with us, his immense thoughts are definitely floating amongst us.

It is not just "Love Cars and Live Cars", it is also "Love Life and Live Life". I am definitely getting better on both these phrases with this single web-community 'T-BHP'. Thanks for all your continuous contributions.

(Slightly off-topic: Motivated with your Kerala episodes, we <<includes fellow BHPian Jetta_Volkmann>> are travelling around Alapuzha this weekend; wish us good luck too )

Cheers!
M
Thanks M.
Absolutely, Love Life and Live Life
Have a blast guys, eat tons of fish, have some fun drives, and enjoy the rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
This travelogue inspires me to this beautiful union territory. Lovely set of pics and nice narration as well.

Loved that pic with the caption "The place had an old world charm!"

Cant conclude who is more beautiful - Pondicherry, your civic or your family
Thanks rahulsharma.
My family, Civvy, Pondicherry will be the order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancho View Post
Wow.. Another superb log. I never realised that there were so many parks and churches in Pondy though I have been there countless times. (Most of the trips were in search of 'you know what' ).
Im glued to all your t-logs and keep reading the older ones over and over again. If I ever get kicked out of this job, Lalu sir, you are responsible.
LOL, I know what you were searching for!
Someday I will also be kicked out Vancho! What we have is now, enjoy the power of NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi Laluks

As always, your TLs have a wonderful narration and great pictures. Your narration gives the local flavor and the pictures tell the stories - in a thousand unspoken words.

Cheers
Rajain
Thanks Rajain for the encouraging words.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 18:03   #40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Hi Laluks,
Somehow your travelogues are the best, even the last one to kerala was a masterpiece with the awesome pics and love for food.I was based in Pondicherry for the last six months-every thing seemed familiar to me except- What time of the day were you clicking pics?almost everyplace put up is generally flooded with cars or people.As for the greenery at the Promenade i think you made at the right time, April and May can fry you.Possibly nothing can grow at that time of the year and a visit at that time can be the biggest mistake one can make
Regards
Savio
chef-de-jeep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 19:16   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-de-jeep View Post
Hi Laluks,
Somehow your travelogues are the best, even the last one to kerala was a masterpiece with the awesome pics and love for food.I was based in Pondicherry for the last six months-every thing seemed familiar to me except- What time of the day were you clicking pics?almost everyplace put up is generally flooded with cars or people.As for the greenery at the Promenade i think you made at the right time, April and May can fry you.Possibly nothing can grow at that time of the year and a visit at that time can be the biggest mistake one can make
Regards
Savio
Thanks Savio

I was at the Promenade from 11:00 to 12:30 and French Colony after lunch say around 14:00 till 16:30 hours. The rains would have prevented the crowds, and a visiting Diplomat made sure the Goubert Avenue was empty.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 23:53   #42
BHPian
 
shinuak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore / Tvm
Posts: 142
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Hi Laluks, Your "photologues" are refreshing as its been almost 12 years since I have visited pondy and I get the itch to go over these places in your travelogues. Always look forward to see your travelogues here. The photos on food sessions are so tempting and as good as usual.
In one of the photos, the tyres and wheels of Civvy looks stressed(parked in a sideways incline). I personally don't like parking it that way since I get a feeling that I am stressing the wheel mechanicals and always used to wonder if that will affect the alignment, camber & toe etc. But that's just me and my mental visualizations
shinuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 07:21   #43
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,799 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Hi Laluks, Your "photologues" are refreshing as its been almost 12 years since I have visited pondy and I get the itch to go over these places in your travelogues. Always look forward to see your travelogues here. The photos on food sessions are so tempting and as good as usual.
In one of the photos, the tyres and wheels of Civvy looks stressed(parked in a sideways incline). I personally don't like parking it that way since I get a feeling that I am stressing the wheel mechanicals and always used to wonder if that will affect the alignment, camber & toe etc. But that's just me and my mental visualizations
Thanks shiinuak.
Regarding the parking that was to prove the articulation capabilities of the independent suspension of Civvy
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 12:18   #44
Newbie
 
balajisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: BLR/MYS
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Awesome Narration and Pics, Your travelogues are a source for many of my weekend drives..
balajisb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 16:22   #45
BHPian
 
Kratos453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 143 Times
Default Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Hi laluks,

Great pictures and great camera work especially the butterfly picture, it's a wallpaper or a poster snap

It's been a while since I've been to Pondicherry (Puducherry), more than 2 years I guess. Your pictures are now making to think about planning for Pondi. Living close to pondi, it's shouldn't be hard task for me. You have a great companion there.

I've always been a fan of civic. The Civic was probably one of the best cars at a time that one can buy.

The low centre of gravity, long wheelbase, wide front and rear tracks and rigid body makes it feel nice and planted at all speeds. Body roll is well contained and the quick steering coupled with good front-end grip makes it particularly entertaining around corners. Braking inspires a lot of confidence and the Civic’s steering is quick – the Honda darts into corners and body control is quite good. Stringing a set of corners together is something the Civic enjoys too.

Wishing you many more happy miles ahead
Kratos453 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar laluks Travelogues 113 15th May 2017 09:40
Civved : Gavi laluks Travelogues 112 10th August 2016 12:46
Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore... laluks Travelogues 263 20th July 2015 17:57
Civved : Parambikulam, Gavi, Vagamon via Thekkady & Valparai laluks Travelogues 311 6th March 2013 23:20
Civved : Yercaud via Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry laluks Travelogues 112 13th September 2012 08:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks