Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th September 2006, 17:53   #16
BHPian

Lovely write-up Abhi - as always...

A few of my friends are planning a trip here and I've sent the link to this article to them. It answers many of their questions like 'can we take a bath there', 'road condition', 'overnight stay', etc and they were delighted to see such a detailed log.

One of them just signed-on to team-bhp as a new member (rajapk) after reading this !!!
pravin_sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 17:00   #17
BHPian

We(Me, Wife & Son) visited Hogenakkal Yesterday ( Sunday, 14th Jan).
As usual, It was a unplanned trip. Started from Bangalore at 1:00pm. Refilled my car at Reliance A1 Plaza on hosur and drove down till the falls.
Reached there at 4:10pm and stayed there for next 45 minutes.
Didn't like the place so decided to return back.
while coming back, had our Dinner at A1 Plaza and relaxed there for 10-15 minutes. It was 8pm then so decided to head bangalore and reached home at 9pm.

Roads till Krishnagiri are very-very good.
Strech from Krishnagiri to Dharampuri( without road divider) is not that good but still drivable.
Strech from Dharampuri to Hogenakkal is beautiful, Roads were newly laid and were as good as an highway.

Went in my Petra which gave a milage of 15kmpl( for this trip), which I believe was decent, Probably because of Reliance fuel.

Overall the trip was tiring, but enjoyed this long drive after 2 months.
Planning to visit some beach in kostal Karnataka on the next long weekend( 26 Jan), lets see if that works out or not.

Cheers
GD
greatDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 17:11   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been to hogennekkal too... And boy, it is one of the most beautiful places i have seen...

Good travelogue... and excellent pics...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 19:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
One funny thing that I noticed for the first time was that in the second gate and policeman took note of car number and took Rs10 don’t know for what. He gave an explanation in Tamil which we couldn’t understand.
What explanation he can give for a bribe?!?! I kept insisting for an explanation. Finally he said some thing like... saar, if u want to give... then give... other wise go... so i did a go... noticed that he does this only for KA registered.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 23:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default Help required!!!

Is the Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal route still good? Or the other route is better? People who had recently been to hogenakkal, please help!!! Am going there this weekend
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 13:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Is the Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal route still good? Or the other route is better? People who had recently been to hogenakkal, please help!!! Am going there this weekend
This is the best route but at the same time, this route is the longest...
You can also try out the Hosur - Denkanikota - Anchatti - Pennagaram route...Till Denkanikota road is excellent, heard that it is good after that as well...also this route is shorter by 50km (about 135km from Blr)

Suggest you to go via Denkanikota route and return via Dharmapuri route so that you can give an update of the route as well...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 14:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Abhi, will try both routes as you have suggested.

But unfortunately, I'm not finding any recent travelogues. All 2006 travelogues.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
But unfortunately, I'm not finding any recent travelogues. All 2006 travelogues.
This is the latest one, Pls go through the entire thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...l-quickie.html (Bangalore -> Hogennakkal - A Quickie)

Abhi
Old 11th January 2008, 15:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Is the route of Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal well marked for first timers after they leave hosur ??, since so many changes are happenning nowdays.

Any tricky/not-noticable turns etc ??
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 16:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Is the route of Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal well marked for first timers after they leave hosur ??, since so many changes are happenning nowdays.

It is straight forward. You dont require any marks...Keep NH7 till Dharmapuri. Dharmapuri has one signal, turn right from there (there was a signage there when we went there last time), you will hit a railway crossing immediately after about a km from the turn, straight road leads you to Hogenakkal.

Abhi
Old 11th January 2008, 16:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

The signage is there now also. You can come to know in the signal you stop. Or better you can ask some people there in Dharmpuri as soon as you have the b/fast (i'am assuming you will have your b/fast at charampuri).
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 17:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

You could alternatively take the right just after Kaveripatnam on the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri highway. By this you can avoid the really bad stretch between Kaveripatnam and dharmapuri. Will take you towards Palakode from where you can take another right towards Hogennakal. This road ultimately joins the Dharmapuri - Hogenakkal road. Will save you time also. Roads are typical state highways in decent condition.

I had written a travelogue with this route I think.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 17:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Here it is... Some other alternative routes as well :-)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...l-quickie.html (Bangalore -> Hogennakkal - A Quickie)
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 20:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks guys! All reviews on team-bhp were extremely helpful and very accurate.

4 guys in my Swift VDi left Bangalore at 9AM and reached there at 12.45PM. The total distance turned out to be 180km. We took the Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal route as we didn't want to take chances with the other route. Regarding the road conditions, the road from Bangalore to Krishnagiri was excellent. Toll Rs.25. We could even touch 150kmph at one spot, although we were consistently driving between 80 and 120. The road from Krishnagiri to Dharmapuri was okay. Not really big potholes, but bumpy patches in between. Bumper to bumper traffic in Kaveripattnam, because of mad rush of trucks. As mentioned in this travelogue before, we took a right turn at Dharmapuri at the first traffic signal. Also, there are two signboards, one before the circle, and one at the circle. So, its really easy spotting them. From Dharmapuri to Hogenakkal, the road is pretty narrow and curvy, although good quality.

We had a coracle ride there. We had also taken lunch with us. None of us were interested in taking a bath or a massage. There was not much water in the falls. We were advised by the coracle rider that the falls will be in full bloom in monsoon. We left there around 3.30PM and reached Bangalore at 8.15PM although we crossed Hosur by 6.30!!! Overall, very enjoyable experience. A must visit! Have taken pics, will post later.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

@ blue pulsar: When did you visit? Was planning to go next week along with family and 2 kids. Was there no waterfalls? Can the kids enjoy there now? Do update and post pics asap.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote