Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 13th May 2016, 11:56   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Wanderlust Traveler: Ranganathittu, Srirangapatna & Kokkare Bellur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Ranganathittu

As soon as you take the right from SH 17 you need to cross a railway level crossing, drive further from there for around 1.5 KMS and you will notice the entry to Ranganathittu on your right. We reach the bird sanctuary around 08.30 AM.

Entry arch towards Ranganathittu-
Great pictures there and a very well written and crisp blog. I hope people there take good care f the place before its too late. The place attracts variety of migratory birds and I would like to see the numbers increasing.
I recently travelled to Ranganthittu from Hyderabad just for birds. Lovely place indeed.

>> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ory-birds.html (Hyderabad to Ranganathittu: In search of some migratory birds)

Please do share some more pictures if you have any. Its always good to see migratory birds.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 17:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
I recently travelled to Ranganthittu from Hyderabad just for birds. Lovely place indeed.
Thanks.
Just went through your travelogue, amazing set of pics you have taken.

Not many pics apart from the one shared. Though not migratory birds, hope to get good sightings at Kabni backwaters this weekend.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 12:58   #18
BHPian

any one having idea of this season at Kokkare bellur? I heard some birds have died due to some disease.
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 07:00   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
any one having idea of this season at Kokkare bellur? I heard some birds have died due to some disease.
Not sure about Kokkare Bellur, but there were bird flu related avian deaths in Mysore zoo. Hence zoo was / is closed. There is a chance of closure at Ranganathittu and Kokkare Bellur too.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote