Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th March 2007, 18:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

So I deserve a pat on my back 1st for the pictures part .

Samurai my dads house is in Wayanad and spent a nice part of my childhood days there.School vacations used to be harvest time for us and bang we are there for the next 2 months.I miss those vacations though , hell we have to work now. Nothing beats being a student and the most awaited vacations.

My mom hails from Cochin.
To be precise my house is enroute Kalpetta from Sulthan Battery. Harithagiri is pretty close to our house there.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 08:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Kindly resize them to 800x600 and post them in full size. In a travelogue it is better to have full size snaps than click on each thumbprint and wait for a huge file to download.
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Nice report Akroy. I second Samurai on the size of the pictures part.
Samurai & Moralfibre,
I was in that impression that it was better for most of you to go through the travelogue well and also have a nice idea from the small pics...
Now if this is what the majority of the viewers think then from next time I will do the needful...

Thanks for pointing it....

akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 09:24   #18

Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does anyone have info about the current road conditions from Bangalore to Wynad? Can this be done in a Santro [6 year old, but running fine] ?

I had done Bangalore to Wayanad on my 2000 santro a year back (was exactly 6 years old then). Pretty good roads except around the borders. About 30kms of it into the bandipur forest and a little after the karnataka - kerala border.

The roads in Wayanad are just about ok, and bad in certain places, but a santro because of its high position can take it quite easily - atleast nothing touches the ground!!
deep_bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2007, 13:48   #19

There is one more angle to carrying Liquor in car.
In case of any accident the Insurence companies are likely to reject claims.
I have been told this,but I have not read the fine print.
I dont keep Liquor in the car.
I have been driving long distances for decades.but dont carry Liquor in the car.
And I enjoy my drinks!
As soon as we hit a hotel I head for the Bar while wife
arranges for removal of luggage and Dinner arrangements etc.
Roy you always mention total Kms covered and total fuel consumed,why don't you also give Kms/litre.
Other wise we have to look for the Calculator.
v_sukumar is offline   Reply With Quote