Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th August 2014, 12:50   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Marengo conquers the Marsimik La - The Ladakh episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Thanks friends for reading this and being with me on this journey
Sir, this is one of the nicest T-LOGs on T-BHP. Super smooth, superb writing skills and pictures that are as crisp as any I have seen here. I actually reached office an hour early (!) to finish reading this log, a pleasure I have indulged in since yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for letting all of us BHP-ians live your trip along with you, and all the very best to the four of you (Yourself, the Missus, Anoushka and Marengo) for many more fantastic trips together...

rajeevn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 23:59   #62
BHPian

I went through your travelogue and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Good write-up and excellent photographs.

Hope you didn't find any hick-ups in the trip - vehicle, fuel or AMS ?
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 13:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeplessdriver View Post
The cross country Ladakh travelogue ever. Great narration and wonderful pictures, Makes me wana go there every year....
Thanks! Ladakh remains a temptation, as much today after having driven through large parts of it, as it was before it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevn View Post
Sir, this is one of the nicest T-LOGs on T-BHP. Super smooth, superb writing skills and pictures that are as crisp as any I have seen here. I actually reached office an hour early (!) to finish reading this log, a pleasure I have indulged in since yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for letting all of us BHP-ians live your trip along with you, and all the very best to the four of you (Yourself, the Missus, Anoushka and Marengo) for many more fantastic trips together...

Thanks for the wishes. With complements like these, I could probably motivate myself about challenging the Chetan Bhagats of this world!! Just Kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
I went through your travelogue and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Good write-up and excellent photographs.

Hope you didn't find any hick-ups in the trip - vehicle, fuel or AMS ?
Thanks. The only hiccup was, as mentioned in the starting thread, rest was down to some excellent suggestions on T-bhp which helped the planning.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 13:40   #64
BHPian

@1100D - Superb Travelogue, I am wondering How I missed it in the first place !!!

Incidentally, my daughter is named Anoushka as well and I intend to do the Leh trip with her next year. Thanks for the inspiration.

I was biking it from Jammu to Sonamarg just after the heavy rains in the valley, had to turn back from Ramsu since the road was closed due to a landslide. Your pics brought back a lot of memories. Thank you.

And please do add your experience in the Kashmir Valley.

mayurpalav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 13:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

I have been guilty. Guilty of not reading the best Leh-Ladakh travelogue on tbhp, until today. The superb narrative and supporting photos ensured I was there travelling with you, and was almost disappointed to come back to the plains. The humor (Lang-Tso, Chhag-La) are an icing on what is a superb travel-cake.

But I must say this. While the desire to head off to these beautiful lands grew manifold (pun not intended), now I absolutely don't want to write a travelogue. What's the point? You've already written the best there is! Sob sob.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 10:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Beautifully written and amazing photographs. Ladakh remains a mystery even if you visit it countless times. BTW the airstrip in post 11 is Partapur and the only regular flights it sees are the Airforce ones and a Jet Airways charter for IA.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 12:08   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

With your next trip happening in few days, do we see a new log or shall 2015 Leh continue here?

Whatever, please don't delay the installments
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2015, 05:43   #68
BHPian

We are told that late is better than never. Anirban, I started reading this travelogue of your from last summer in the last night. When I finished reading, it was well past midnight! It felt like watching a movie with full of climax, flashbacks and an amazing straight to the face narration. Thanks for sharing such an intense and stellar travelogue.

Cheers,
Golam

Last edited by gmhossain : 17th June 2015 at 05:44.
gmhossain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2015, 14:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
We are told that late is better than never.
Golam da, let's do this together next year maybe? Last few days, my facebook feed is intermittently broadcasting pictures of a rather well known Asansol based Figo proudly announcing itself on Zozilla and Khardungla!
mi2n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 10:05   #70
BHPian

Excellent Travelogue. Loved the entire narration. The kid must have definitely enjoyed a lot.

I am leaving on 27th of this month and returning on 7th.

I am planning to cover Srinagar,Sonmarg,Kargil,Rangdhum,Zanskar Valley,Leh,Pangong,Marsimik la and back.

Regards,
Shabarinath
Shabzhere is offline   Reply With Quote