Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th July 2014, 12:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: On the Eastern Edge of India - Mandarmani & Tajpur on 2 wheels!

Wow! "Stunning" log of a trip on the Stunner (err.. CBF125)! Very nicely captured details in the log peppered with some very good pics. Glad to see both of you geared up with some protective armor for elbow and knees! Good to know that the bikes performed flawlessly.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 13:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice pictures and travelogue from you buddy. Enjoyed reading it thoroughly.

Hope I too start exploring India the way you are doing!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 13:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Wow! "Stunning" log of a trip on the Stunner (err.. CBF125)! Very nicely captured details in the log peppered with some very good pics. Glad to see both of you geared up with some protective armor for elbow and knees! Good to know that the bikes performed flawlessly.
Stunner!

Thanks Abhinav for the praises. The bikes were fantastic throughout the trip and surpassed our expectations. And yes, I do don the protective gears everytime I hit the highways. I hope I never put them to their actual use, but it should be there at the time I actually need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Very nice pictures and travelogue from you buddy. Enjoyed reading it thoroughly.

Hope I too start exploring India the way you are doing!

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag! Our country is so varied that one can never get all of it. I am just trying to collect whatever comes into my lap. My long coveted dream is to explore the North-East India and the mighty Himalayas someday. Let's see if that happens.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 10th July 2014 at 13:26.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 20:14   #19
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thanks Arunabh for the kind words. We really missed you on the trip. It would have been a real blast of a trip if you would have been there. Anyway, glad that you are pursuing your dream job. Best of luck

I was not aware of the Adityapur-Gamharia-Kandra by pass. We went through the entire city, crossing the Mango bridge and continued straight to join the NH-33. However, thanks for the Gamharia by-pass tip. I will look at the route on maps and it should be helpful for my future visits to JSR.

Regards,
Saket
Thank You so much Sir.

The Adityapur-Gamharia road is in way better shape and would have saved you atleast 30 minutes. The only problem in this road is an unmanned railway crossing, where frequent traffic jams occur. However on two-wheelers that shouldn't had been a problem. Negotiating traffic from Mango to Pardih is a pain, I really forgot to mention about the Gamharia road. But then the next time you ride to Jamshedpur, do take the route towards Kandra from Chandil and then to the Adityapur elevated expressway. A little portion from Gamharia-Kandra is not really in a very good shape, but then it is doable and more importantly it saves considerable time if travelling during the day. If you travel during early morning or late evening, then it is better to take the usual Ranchi-Jamshedpur road via Chandil, Pardih, Mango.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 11:06   #20
BHPian

Awesome thread Saket bro! Rated 5 stars. Seems the workhorse has finally turned into a cruiser. Why don't you plan a trip to Puri as well? I will join in for sure

A great travelogue. Superb narration and marvellous pics.
shreyan_k10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 11:45   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Awesome thread Saket bro! Rated 5 stars. Seems the workhorse has finally turned into a cruiser. Why don't you plan a trip to Puri as well? I will join in for sure

A great travelogue. Superb narration and marvellous pics.
Thanks Shreyan for the kind words and the rating! Would love to meet you. Let me see if I can plan for Puri sometime in near future.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote