Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th August 2014, 17:01   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Uttara Kannada: Abode Of Temples, Rivers & Mountains

Thank you very much for sharing the nice travelogue and the stunning pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed them. How did you manage without MapMyIndia device? Did you have any backups? What are the learnings (if any - apart from the couple you have mentioned on the road side vendors and the tourism potential)?

The amount of historical, present and pertinent information that you have provided on various places is very useful. May be you should combine all your posts in a pdf, and draft a mini guide to Uttara Kannada district.

Small question: Noticed that highway authorities have put up the text as 'Hubali' for Hubli on the sign board. Is it how its pronounced in MH?

Once again, Thank you for a wonderful post.

Last edited by bsdbsd : 27th August 2014 at 17:05.
bsdbsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 00:30   #32
BHPian

An excellent thread, thanks for sharing these pictures. I really missed going to Kodajadri inspite of visiting Mookambika temple many times. Next trip, I will definitely go there and will try to make it in a rainy season. Also, I missed the joy of having a road trip to Kollur. Thanks for the inspiration, next time, I will definitely try to fulfill these 2 wishes.
Jakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2014, 17:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Thank you very much for sharing the nice travelogue and the stunning pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed them. How did you manage without MapMyIndia device? Did you have any backups? What are the learnings (if any - apart from the couple you have mentioned on the road side vendors and the tourism potential)?

The amount of historical, present and pertinent information that you have provided on various places is very useful. May be you should combine all your posts in a pdf, and draft a mini guide to Uttara Kannada district.

Small question: Noticed that highway authorities have put up the text as 'Hubali' for Hubli on the sign board. Is it how its pronounced in MH?

Once again, Thank you for a wonderful post.
hello , i do have travel logs and phone numbers of the places that i stayed in and also brouchures collected along the way . I post a lot of it in my blog which is current. Thx for the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
An excellent thread, thanks for sharing these pictures. I really missed going to Kodajadri inspite of visiting Mookambika temple many times. Next trip, I will definitely go there and will try to make it in a rainy season. Also, I missed the joy of having a road trip to Kollur. Thanks for the inspiration, next time, I will definitely try to fulfill these 2 wishes.
i am glad u liked the thread .
swsumit is offline   Reply With Quote