Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Vemulawada Trip

Made a trip to the Vemulawada Raja Rajeshwari temple near Siddipet the last week.

Started form Trimulghery, Secunderabad at 11:30 a.m and proceeded towards Hakimpet and then the Karimnagar highway. The total distance is around 140 kms.

Do not forget to have the Corns (makka butta in telugu) that are available at a few places around 30 kms after Hakimpet.

Along the way,there is a toll booth that charges Rs.52 one way and Rs.78 return. Make sure you cross-check the receipt if you have taken a return ticket. I asked the guy at the counter for return, he gave me a ticket and I didn’t check. He actually issued a one-way ticket and I realized it only during my return when I submitted the same at the toll counter.So had to pay another Rs.52.Though not much in the context of the trip but still leaves a bad taste.

On the highway at around 100 kms.. from Trimughery you’l find a Y junction…the left goes to Siddipet and the straight road goes further onto Karimnagar. Take the left turn to Siddipet .From here the temple is around 40 kms.Saw many dhabhas at the right side of this junction. For quite some distance you’l be passing through villages before reaching the Siddipet junction. You won’t find much traffic here..just enough to give you a feeling of security that you are not alone. The route all along is very good. In fact at no time did I pass through a stretch that did not have a tar road.

Being a sedate driver, we reached the temple at around 2:30 p.m.Do not park your vehicle in front of the temple. There is a lake around 50 mtrs. from the temple and there is a parking lot here. It has sufficient space..i did not find two wheelers here though. Ask anyone near the temple and they will guide you to the parking.There are paid wash rooms here.Parked my Duster ,had lunch which we got from home and proceeded towards the temple .Again as I said 50 mtrs.On the way to the temple from the parking lot there is a second set of wash rooms.

There is pond at the entrance which according to legend has some medicinal properties. There is a provision to keep your footwear as well as any luggage outside the temple.This is after the pond. I think they charged Rs.3 per pair J .Just beside this you have the shop that sells iaggery which is used for ‘Thulabharam’.Rs.45 per kg. Have a look at the link www.vemulawadatemple.org. It gives details of the temple.

Went inside the temple. It was being washed. Water everywhere. There is a masjid inside which is one of the features. Since we were there in the afternoon there were not many devotees and hence had a proper darshan. The temple complex is all covered. There were a couple of cows inside…devotees in turns were taking them around the complex. Not sure if they had to pay for this.

After darshan,went to the prasadam counter and bought laddoos. The normal one was for Rs.5 while the special big laddoo was Rs.50.

Then started the return journey. After around 10 kms you will find a Dairy outlet where you can quench your thirst. Beside this is a very good Hanuman temple.By the looks of it,not many people frequent this temple.Do get in..its on the road-side.. Found a poultry farm on the way. Stopped, had a look and clicked some photographs.And then after around 2-2.5 hours we were back home.

The drive as I stated was wonderful. Have posted a few pics.Have a look.In one of the pics you'l find a peacock perched on an electric pole.
Attached Images

Last edited by ajmat : 18th August 2014 at 11:59. Reason: Removing naked FONT tags. Please don't cut-copy-paste from other word software
Ram78 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 15:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad to Vemulawada Trip

Nice little travelogue Ram. Some good information in there and the pictures are very inviting too.

Most Viewed