Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th November 2016, 16:26   #31
APV
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Road Trip : Bangalore - Kodaikanal

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Monday - Friday are school and work restrictions. So as a family we can only do it on weekend. Moreover this is one trip my wife is very particular that we take this month itself. I am booking Villa Retreat near Kodai Lake. If we get one other worth seeing sight for next day, we should be good. More the reasons to go back to the place again
If you stay in Villa Retreat - Coaker's walk, Kodai Lake & Bryant Park are all in walkable distance. Would take almost half of a day depending on the crowd at boat house. If kid(s) are interested they can check out Horse ride & bicycle riding too around the boat house area.

Last edited by ampere : 12th November 2016 at 17:52. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
APV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 15:03   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Road Trip : Bangalore - Kodaikanal

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Moreover this is one trip my wife is very particular that we take this month itself.
Dear Abirnale, (if the trip is still pending)

Day1

Bangalore - Kodai 8 hours, if you start at 5am you can check into Villa retreat by 12 noon or by 1 pm.

Have lunch, leave the car in the hotel and walk out by 3 pm.
Coakers walk is just a few steps from your hotel, take that walk and come through the other end, walk a little more and there is Bryant park. Visit Bryant park and exit through the other end.. you will be at the lake. Walk till the boat house, take a boating if you like and walk back to the hotel. Go to the market area and do some shopping in the late evening (remember all these by walk). Enjoy jewel box view of Periakulam right from your hotel top.

Day2.

Any time in the morning you can drive to Kurinji Andavar temple. After that drive towards Pillar Rocks area. The road leading to Pillar Rocks will have all those places like, Golf Links, Green Valley View (erstwhile Suicide point), Pine forests, Guna Caves, Moire point etc. All these you can finish before lunch. Drive back to Bangalore any time after lunch.
Ddrive is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2016, 21:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @Ddrive for such a detailed response. The trip is due after another weekend so information is right in time. My plan is slightly changed though - I am leaving from Bangalore on Friday evening to reach Kodaikanal late in night. So I get full Saturday and almost half of Sunday. That means more places to visit or more time to spend at same places you mentioned!

Thanks again for your response!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 10:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone suggested here, I took the onwards route via Salem - Dindigul - Kodai Ghat and on return chose Palani - Dharapuram stretch. All the details of our trip and pictures are covered here.

The Villa Retreat was too good for us. Very well trained and caring staff in addition to the amazing location of course! Off season trip helped too - not much crowd to hoard at the view points!

All in all it was a great trip and thanks for all your inputs and help. It would not have been so easy for me considering completely unknown territory. Felt like driving in home terrain!

Thanks again.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote