Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th September 2014, 17:27   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Kolkata to Kashmir to Kerala, with a dash of Goa & Sikkim

By far the most amazing (and daring) trip on TBHP that I've seen. Amazing pics.

@blackpearl - Seriously, Live To Drive..!!
raghubhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 22:54   #32
BHPian

We were just discussing about your Ladakh trip with Sourav and others at UBS sir's place, heard great stories about Joey's adventure and his lavish bedroom in the car. Hope to meet you soon during some trip or OTR.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 18:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Wow. What an epic road trip. You have got some serious passion to drive. 2400 kms in 36 hours flat is really mind-boggling although I feel it is too risky as without a proper break at some point of time the stress will start showing itself. Anyways keep it up and you sure do "Live to Drive"!
Thanks drmohitg. I did not drive the whole way, my wife and me took turns at the wheel. I feel quite rejuvenated after a half an hour power nap at the back, but as you said it is better to avoid if time is not a constraint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
Brilliant. Its unbelievable and as someone mentioned correctly this made most of our trips look like a drive to the Mall.

The pictures tells the story beautifully.
Thanks napster1311.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrac View Post
A great road trip very well narrated with great photographs. Bravo
Thanks philgrac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Fine travelogue and equally excellent documentation. The only deterrent being the AC that conked up twice. Generally, these are problems associated with after market fitments.
But these minor snags add to the fun element. Hats off to the trip team.
Thanks rajeev.
Yes the AC was a problem which could have been avoided if I could spend some more time on it before leaving for Kashmir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
That was a long trip! Awesome travelogue, and beautiful pics! Enjoyed each moment reading. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Haven't browsed thru all the pics; but you do have a set of beautiful pics! Rated 5*s! And loved the Rottie! Should be a good temperament dog as this was a group trip and he looks calm in those pics!

Thank You for the thread!

Wouldn't you have been able to fix it in a M&M A$$ ? Or since it's an aftermarket one, they would NOT support? Weren't you able to find a M&M A$$
Thanks swiftnfurious for liking the travelogue. The rott is adorable and one of the most sweet tempered dog I have ever met. He did not have any trouble adjusting to the people and those altitudes.

Since the AC is an aftermarket one, M&M do not provide support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78 View Post
Sumitro - Thanks for sharing your eventful travel experiences. It would definitely take me more than 2 months to do all that driving - probably around 2 lives
Thanks dj78. Lol, you will not need two lives and with a fast vehicle you will not even need 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghubhaskar View Post
By far the most amazing (and daring) trip on TBHP that I've seen. Amazing pics.

@blackpearl - Seriously, Live To Drive..!!
Ha ha thanks raghubhaskar. All I can say is that you have to see a lot more on tbhp specially the adventures of ADC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
We were just discussing about your Ladakh trip with Sourav and others at UBS sir's place, heard great stories about Joey's adventure and his lavish bedroom in the car. Hope to meet you soon during some trip or OTR.
Yes Arpan, we should meet during the next OTR if both of us can make it.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 00:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Esteem is an awesome vehicle and it has renewed my faith after this trip.
Amazing trip Blackpearl. Legendary! Can't stop going through these pics. How long did the drive from Kolkata to Bangalore take in your Esteem? And could you please let me know what tyres you are currently using on the Esteem?
Blacktop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 01:19   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
Amazing trip Blackpearl. Legendary! Can't stop going through these pics. How long did the drive from Kolkata to Bangalore take in your Esteem? And could you please let me know what tyres you are currently using on the Esteem?
Thanks Blacktop, the actual driving time was around 26 hours and total time was 31 hours as I had to change brake pads at Vijaywada. We had stopped at Vizag for night halt. So the breakup was - Kolkata to Vizag in 12 Hours and Vizag to Bangalore in 14 hours. The roads are excellent except the diversions after Kharagpur for a stretch of about 100 Kms due to expansion of GQ. It could have been done faster if I had done the wheel balancing before starting. I was not able to drive the car above 100.

I am using Bridgestone S322 on the Esteem.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 14:15   #36
BHPian

Thanks for sharing an amazing travelogue. What you have achieved in a span of two and a half months by far exceeds what most of us can even dream of doing. Hats off to you blackpearl.
luvtandon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 02:05   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And loved the Rottie! Should be a good temperament dog as this was a group trip and he looks calm in those pics!
swiftnfurious, this picture will tell you about the temperament of Joey the Rott. He was literally being tortured by the kids for the photo shoot.
Kolkata to Kashmir to Kerala, with a dash of Goa & Sikkim-dsc_6892.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Thanks for sharing an amazing travelogue. What you have achieved in a span of two and a half months by far exceeds what most of us can even dream of doing. Hats off to you blackpearl.
Thanks a lot luvtandon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful travelogue Sumitro Sir. The pictures you shared.., not just the Kashmir and Sikkim part, even the ones from Munnar and Goa have tempted me to visit all these places. Though I stay near to Munnar (when compared to you), I haven't been there yet. Now that I've made up my mind, I'll try to visit Munnar in the very near future and would be sharing my experiences with you (Hope you don't mind me doing that). By looking at the pictures from Goa, I now want to visit it during the so called off-season. Looks great.!

In a simple sentence, this writeup is amazing and as everyone mentioned, this is surely an epic journey.., and I wish you more of such journeys in future.
Thanks vndita. Please do visit Munnar and Goa and share your experiences. Frankly speaking this should not be called a travelogue, I just mentioned the places we visited without giving much details. So waiting for details if you do visit these places
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 23:03   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
swiftnfurious, this picture will tell you about the temperament of Joey the Rott. He was literally being tortured by the kids for the photo shoot...
Lovely. I could never ever think the Rotties can be this sweet! My love for this breed has gone higher.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 20:56   #39
BHPian

Superlike! Amazing!
Sumitro da I salute you.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 23:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Finally read it

And the icing on the cake was .. If I'm not mistaken, he attended an early morning team bhp meet after that gruelling drive from Goa, with only a few hours sleep in between !

Last edited by shuvc : 14th October 2014 at 23:50.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 14:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Just got around to reading it too! I've been yearning to do a long trip for a while now but having a baby makes that a very tough proposition. So for now I'll live my dreams vicariously through you and the other travellers on TBHP! Lovely pics. Would love to see some more, especially of the Ladakh leg.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 11:14   #42
BHPian

Man, what an epic travelogue. Most of the places you traveled to have been on my to-do list for like years now. But as they say, in time my friend, in good time.

The photos are truly amazing, the writing superb and the experience from a reader's armchair is unbelievable. That you did all this with a full time job, mostly on weekends is equally mind blowing. Those must have been one hell of weekends, with your trips starting Friday evening after work and finishing Monday morning in time to reach office (doze off in the cafeteria, eh !!). Amazing man, hats off to you. And like many others said, you really live the slogan "Live to Drive".
rattanw is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 17:09   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Superlike! Amazing!
Sumitro da I salute you.
Thanks lovecars21 :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Finally read it

And the icing on the cake was .. If I'm not mistaken, he attended an early morning team bhp meet after that gruelling drive from Goa, with only a few hours sleep in between !
Thanks Shuvc. You have an amazing memory, I had forgotten myself that I went to the tbhp meet next morning !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Just got around to reading it too! I've been yearning to do a long trip for a while now but having a baby makes that a very tough proposition. So for now I'll live my dreams vicariously through you and the other travellers on TBHP! Lovely pics. Would love to see some more, especially of the Ladakh leg.
Thanks Abhishek!! I will try to post a few more pics of Ladakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattanw View Post
Man, what an epic travelogue. Most of the places you traveled to have been on my to-do list for like years now. But as they say, in time my friend, in good time.

The photos are truly amazing, the writing superb and the experience from a reader's armchair is unbelievable. That you did all this with a full time job, mostly on weekends is equally mind blowing. Those must have been one hell of weekends, with your trips starting Friday evening after work and finishing Monday morning in time to reach office (doze off in the cafeteria, eh !!). Amazing man, hats off to you. And like many others said, you really live the slogan "Live to Drive".
Thanks a lot rattanw!! Those are real nice words :-D
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote