Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 11th October 2014, 14:51   #31
BHPian

Default re: Polo GT TDI Chronicles - From Surat to Godís Own Country for my Wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Tell me about it Ajay! I keep staring at the parts every day. Will have to take it up one of these days.
I could imagine the restlessness. When I upgraded from autoparking version 1.5 to PLA ver 2.0, I needed highline ABS sensors. Vagtune gets them for VAG cars but none suited Yeti as 4x4 versions had a different size. Took months of hunting and waiting to get the right part from the right vendor and finally it arrived the day after I flew out from Calicut Imagine!
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 14:53   #32
BHPian

Default re: Polo GT TDI Chronicles - From Surat to Godís Own Country for my Wedding!

Congratulations. wish you both all the very best in future along with many many more blissful such trips to come!! Your trip is just awe inspiring man! Now I wish I too had done something like this when I got married. Since both me and my wife love driving and traveling, it would have been a perfect start.

Last edited by rattanw : 11th October 2014 at 14:54.
rattanw is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 15:07   #33
BHPian

Wonderful occasion to do a long drive. Congratulations and best wishes for a very happy married life.

Nice pictures and a nice narration. Well done.

I rather suspect you shall be slowly migrating from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat as the good lady is motivated to become a BHPian as well . Looking forward to reading her travelogue
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 11:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gannu. Wishing you a very happy married life and many many miles together.

And an excellent 'logue too.
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 01:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations & wishing you both a very happy and blissful married life.

Awesome pics and an epic wedding journey indeed! You are lucky to find a partner who enjoys long distance travel as much as you do!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 21:44   #36
BHPian

Congratz Gannu!

Wish you guys a Happy married life! Good to see you loved one really appreciate your idea. Great to see cars being a part of one of the most important occasion in your life.

Cheers Buddy. Drive safe.

By the way, can we know what was her first reaction when you first made this proposition ?
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 21:52   #37
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations and wish you both lots of happy times (or should I say 'miles'?) ahead.

A very well written travelogue. I must say that you maintain your car very well, even when on the road.

I really want to go to Kerela after seeing the pics of your Dad's and granny's home. The architecture is really cool and certainly a big break from our urban jungles.

Hope to read more about your future trips.
nda992 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 18:05   #38
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations for all the achievements!!
It is not only the long drive and the wedding, but more points are there which you have successfully managed to merge all together for a good ending, sorry, this is not the ending but the beginning of a long and blissful life together. Wish you both many many years of happiness. I appreciate the way you have managed to do the up and down drives safely, wedding arrangements, pre and post visits to the relatives, temples and a beautiful Honey Moon and finally to put it all down together in a well written Travelogue !!

Your mention about "the little galley at the aft of the house boat" is well noted, subsequently your occupation was checked in your profile!

Wishing you the very best for the DIY project also.
philgrac is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 23:17   #39
BHPian

Congrats on your marriage. Hope you enjoyed your Kerala trip.

Btw, I saw a polo sporting the same grille at Trivandrum. I think I saw a KL registration car and guessing it was not yours. It had a sticker too at the back. Seeing the pics reminded me of that car.

Cheers
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 09:33   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Congratulations Gannu. Wishing you a very happy married life and many many miles together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Heartiest congratulations & wishing you both a very happy and blissful married life
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Indeed, I am prompted to visit South India, having looked at it. Truly five star stuff.
Please do. Other than Alleppey, Thekkady and Munnar, there are a whole lot of other places in Kerala worth a visit and stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I was last there during my wedding 5 years back and these photographs are forcing me to plan one trip very soon.
I suppose a visit is in the cards now? (Hint = Chor-oonu at Guruvayur?) Congratulations in advance to both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattanw View Post
Now I wish I too had done something like this when I got married. Since both me and my wife love driving and traveling, it would have been a perfect start.
It is never too late Rattan. It is best to do as many road trips as you can with your partner before you guys are blessed with a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
I rather suspect you shall be slowly migrating from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat as the good lady is motivated to become a BHPian as well . Looking forward to reading her travelogue
Haha! The good thing is she is yet to learn driving. Iíll let her be on the co-driver seat for the time being. Once she learns driving and is adept enough to take on the Indian roads, Iíll buy her another hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
By the way, can we know what was her first reaction when you first made this proposition ?
As in, driving back to Surat? She was a bit shell-shocked initially but she has a brother who is crazy about his Punto and driving so she was quite okay with the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda992 View Post
I really want to go to Kerela after seeing the pics of your Dad's and granny's home. The architecture is really cool and certainly a big break from our urban jungles.
It is Kerala.

Tourism in the state has improved by leaps and bounds. Many homes now offer homestays at very reasonable rates. Do plan a visit some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrac View Post
Hearty Congratulations for all the achievements!!
It is not only the long drive and the wedding, but more points are there which you have successfully managed to merge all together for a good ending, sorry, this is not the ending but the beginning of a long and blissful life together. Wish you both many many years of happiness. I appreciate the way you have managed to do the up and down drives safely, wedding arrangements, pre and post visits to the relatives, temples and a beautiful Honey Moon and finally to put it all down together in a well written Travelogue !!

Your mention about "the little galley at the aft of the house boat" is well noted, subsequently your occupation was checked in your profile!

Wishing you the very best for the DIY project also.
Thank you so much philgrac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Congrats on your marriage. Hope you enjoyed your Kerala trip.

Btw, I saw a polo sporting the same grille at Trivandrum. I think I saw a KL registration car and guessing it was not yours. It had a sticker too at the back. Seeing the pics reminded me of that car.

Cheers
Thank you voyageur. Although we did plan a visit to Trivandrum (wife graduated from College of Agriculture, Vellayani), we had to give it a miss due to the paucity of time.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 13:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Super log Gannu! Having visited the same places around 2009, brings back all the wonderful memories. And welcome to the married men club - D-I-Ys and T-BHP will be among the first casualties of this membership. Trust me on this.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 15:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

It is never too late Rattan. It is best to do as many road trips as you can with your partner before you guys are blessed with a baby.

Too late now. We were blessed with a baby last year. In fact, she is just going to turn one this month. On the other hand, we just managed a 3-day Shimla - Manali trip last month with her, no complaints. So its not all that bad.
rattanw is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote