Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 16th December 2014, 17:20   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Great pictures Nikhil. During one of my onsite stints in Germany (Freilassing to be more precise), me and my colleague drove all the way to Stuttgart to visit the iconic Porsche and Mercedes Museum. These museums have a lot of history. I in my entire lifetime would never forget and would always cherish every moment . Another reason to cherish was, this was my first 400Km stint on the Autobahn where I thoroughly enjoyed driving a VW Jetta.
I also visited the BMW museum at Munich the very next day . I hope you too have visited the same.

Again,thanks for sharing

I have visited the BMW museum too in 2008. Hopefully next time I'll get to take my dad there.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 12:06   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for sharing these sharp photographs. The Mercedes of earlier times look so gorgeous. Even the models of 1970s and 1980s look regal. I wish Mercedes start designing cars that look like a Mercedes and not like their current design philosophy. despite all the dire warnings on A.S.S. my heart still tugs at the Mercedes.
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 13:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Great pictures Nikhil. Takes me back to 2007 when I visited the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart. I found a day just not enough to explore the museum. The Porsche museum was still under construction that time. Between the two, which did you prefer the most?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I find it hard to pick between the two. I really cant!
Past weekend was one of the historical moments of my life when I visited the Porsche and the Mercedes Benz museums. A BIG tick on my bucket list.
Both the museums were beyond my expectations. The Mercedes Benz museum totally floored me! The amount of history it packs is unbelievable! It is also the best designed building I've been to so far. The Porsche museum is much more sober in comparison but still packs a punch when it comes to history.
So if I've to pick one, despite being a hardcore Porsche fanatic it has to be the Mercedes Benz museum for me just because it was overwhelming to say the least! A single day is not enough for anyone to register that amount of data, so I'm wondering Nikhil, how could you finish both the museums in a single day!

PS: Lovely pictures there Nikhil. Went through all of them just to relive what I experienced over the past 2 days!
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 19:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Some photos I had promised to put up. My visit was in 2007, also included a drive from Bonn to Nurburgring. So I am also putting up some pictures of the F1 race that I had attended. From there we drove to Stuttgart and checked out the Mercedes Benz Museum. By far the best time of my life but its almost impossible to cover the whole place in a single day. After that a short flight to Berlin which was absolutely memorable as I got to see the Bugatti Veyron in the flesh for the first time at the Bugatti showroom. Got to see some Le Mans classics and of course a lot of museums and memorabilia related to WWII. The city has the best war museums in the world in my opinion. London has some fantastic museums as well but not comparable to the ones in Berlin. Even the Mercedes museum has so many exhibits on the great war and their involvement has been beautifully documented with video kiosks and audio exhibits. I would urge everyone to make a visit if they ever happen to stop over at Germany. For now, hope everyone like the pictures.

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp-1.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp2.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp5.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp10.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp11.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp12.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp18.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp21.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp25.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp26.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp28.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp30.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp31.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp32.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp37.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp35.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp34.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp38.jpg

Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing-tbhp36.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2015 at 22:13. Reason: additional content. EDIT: Pictures inserted inline.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 22:49   #35
Team-BHP Support

Arrow Re: Photologue: Mercedes & Porsche Museums...and some other sightseeing

Fantastic photologue Nikhilb2008!

Loved the pictures - especially the detailed interior of the U-boat.

Thanks to Fullrevs as well for bumping this thread up with his additions else I would have missed it.
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote