Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th April 2015, 12:28   #16
BHPian

I did Belgaum-Goa-Belgaum last month on a 220. On the way to Goa I took the chorla route, I've ridden a lot on this road and it's an awesome road to ride. However on my way back I took the NH 4A and how I regretted the decision! the road was really bad.
What you could have done is ride up to panjim and then take the chorla route.
My friends did Belgaum-Goa-Belgaum via chorla on a suzuki access a couple of months ago.
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 17:12   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Pune -> South Goa -> Belgaum on a Vespa S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Hi, I am a fellow Vespa owner (LX 125) too, and I appreciate your effort. The Vespa looks like a good vehicle to traverse such distances. I was a bit apprehensive about the pot-hole tackling ability of scooters in general, due to their small tires, but your journey is a motivation.

Also, what I have experienced is that when ever the fuel level goes low - beyond the red markings- the acceleration becomes lethargic. Hence I always try to refuel whenever the gauge reached red markings itself.
Hi,

Well yes even I wasnt so confident with the pothole negotiating ability until i put it to test (unknowingly) Actually as the Vespa's suspension is tuned towards the softer side, at low speeds the pot holes dont pose a problem in general. On the other hand when you are cruising at above 60-70 Km/hr the ride does become a little bouncy if the roads arent perfect.
Regarding your second point I havent encountered any of this. I have only felt acceleration getting lethargic when tyres have a lower air pressure. Also, after the 4th servicing that i got done a month back, the acceleration has become even better and the engine feels butter smooth.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2015, 20:37   #18
BHPian

You, my friend, are certifiably nuts! But what fun! Must've been a hell of a backache, but worth every twinge, I bet.
Sridutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 17:27   #19
BHPian

You guys are crazy!

But nonetheless, for your audacity!

salut!
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 02:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
You, my friend, are certifiably nuts! But what fun! Must've been a hell of a backache, but worth every twinge, I bet.
Well the back ache wasn't because of the sitting position but because we had rested our back on the pillion back rest. While coming back when we did the seat jugaad everything was back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
You guys are crazy!

But nonetheless, for your audacity!
salut!
It was a great experience, something I will cherish for long

Last edited by ampere : 31st May 2015 at 06:23. Reason: Formatted Post
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 14:17   #21

Talking Re: Pune -> South Goa -> Belgaum on a Vespa S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Well the back ache wasn't because of the sitting position but because we had rested our back on the pillion back rest. While coming back when we did the seat jugaad everything was back to normal.
Amazing man! You have made memories that will be cherished for the life time.

Some 32 years back; my father rode 150 cc Bajaj Super from Pune - Hatkhamba - Ratnagiri - Panjim - Chiplun - Pune. This journey took 4 days. He was accompanied by his colleague friend who was my father's pillion during entire ride as he knew nothing about riding vehicles. To make it worse, that was the monsoon season, with no helmet and with much more narrow NH4, NH17 and non-existent state highways.

I will always admire him and his scooter for such 'notorious' adventures.

P.S. - Lot of admiration to his pillion friend too who sat patiently with agonizing back-pain which was developed during the ride.

One incident my father told me that, the friend of his became so desperate during their return leg; that he made my father halt at Khed shivapur which is just 25 odd kms. before Pune. They peacefully slept under a banyan tree for 3 hours before finally reaching the home.
Beco is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 17:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
Amazing man! You have made memories that will be cherished for the life time.

Some 32 years back; my father rode 150 cc Bajaj Super from Pune - Hatkhamba - Ratnagiri - Panjim - Chiplun - Pune. This journey took 4 days. He was accompanied by his colleague friend who was my father's pillion during entire ride as he knew nothing about riding vehicles. To make it worse, that was the monsoon season, with no helmet and with much more narrow NH4, NH17 and non-existent state highways.

I will always admire him and his scooter for such 'notorious' adventures.

P.S. - Lot of admiration to his pillion friend too who sat patiently with agonizing back-pain which was developed during the ride.

One incident my father told me that, the friend of his became so desperate during their return leg; that he made my father halt at Khed shivapur which is just 25 odd kms. before Pune. They peacefully slept under a banyan tree for 3 hours before finally reaching the home.
Thanks Bro. Your father would have had an awesome trip (read: adventurous). Regarding the pillion, both of us were taking turns in driving and sitting as a pillion so we both tasted that back ache
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2015, 17:53   #23
BHPian

This is real adventure. All those distance on a tiny two wheeler!!!!
Hats off
Renjith_Mani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote