Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th December 2014, 18:51   #46
BHPian

Default Re: The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Wow

Truly inspirational trip. Mesmerizing photos. These white peaks are always inviting. What a journey I must say.

May be I lost somewhere in between but can you please let me know during which month you did your journey.

Regards
SE
Hii ,
thx for the warm words .. this was undertaken in sep 2014

regards
swsumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 19:00   #47
BHPian

# DAY XVIII , XIX & XX: Jammu to Mumbai

#136. From here on there is nothing much to write as we were on the return leg and were on the great Indian Highways . The route to Delhi was quite clear cut as we streaked across the Punjab heartland bypassing major cities and powering on ahead.

#137. The second day saw us moving from Delhi towards Udaipur which by now we had become so very familiar with and the third day saw us doing the final stretch from Udaipur to Mumbai. Oh yes on this day we had the breakdown that was giving me an indication about which I had written in the earlier post , the moment I crossed Rajasthan and entered Gujrat , at one stretch where I braked substantially , there started emanating a substantial sound from the breaks. I realized that something had gone wrong and was wondering what next to do. I did call up M&M at Ahmedabad and they said to come over and they would look at it however luckily as I was crossing Himmatnnagar I was able to locate a M&M service centre and pulled in there.

#138. The mechanics confirmed that my break pads had totally worn out on the right wheel and I had to go in for a replacement. The job took a total of 03 hours and I wondered if this had happened because of the trip to highly rough roads , I pondered for a while and then took out the vehicle log sheets and compared the periodicity of the previous break pad change and it turned out that in the way I drive I generally wear the pads after a certain period of Kms and the same had happened .It iwas not related to the terrain that I had been to , it had more to do with the way I use the pads and my driving procedure  In a way i am thankful that i did not attempt the Zanskar sector as the breakpads would have gone off in that region or on the way to Srinagar or even Jammu i would have been in a far more complex situation.

#139. The pads replaced, the INDOMITABLE was good to go and we started for home destination and reached Mumbai late in the night .

The final ODO reading stood at 79278. Total KMs on the road were 7022

The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh-79-alt.jpg

The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh-highways.jpg

The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh-ont-road.jpg

The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh-sunset.jpg

The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh-lifeline.jpg

The Northern Expedition - Mumbai to Ladakh-trip-conclusion.jpg

TRIP CONCLUSION
swsumit is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 19:04   #48
BHPian

Conclusion:

Hope all of you enjoyed reading my experience , thank you .

In the end i would like to thank the following individuals who helped me a lot in answering my queries while i was preparing for the Expedition.

Tanveer sir , Yogesh Sir , HVK sir and Dheeraj sir .

Regards
Sumit
swsumit is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 20:18   #49
BHPian

I was following this travelogue from the day it came live and i was reading all the regular updates. I was waiting for you to complete this travelogue. As you have completed it, now i must say its one of the best composed travelogue on the Ladakh circuit shared in Team Bhp. The pictures you have shared are breath taking too. And of-course hats off to you and your car for successfully completing this trip which am sure is a dream for many.

Am sure this travelogue will clear the misconception of many people who are not venturing Ladakh just because they do not own an suv. Mahindra Logan is a very capable machine and its trouble free performance on this trip once again redefined its bullet proof reliability.

Rated 5*.

Last edited by Samba : 1st January 2015 at 20:20.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 21:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I was following this travelogue from the day it came live and i was reading all the regular updates. I was waiting for you to complete this travelogue. As you have completed it, now i must say its one of the best composed travelogue on the Ladakh circuit shared in Team Bhp. The pictures you have shared are breath taking too. And of-course hats off to you and your car for successfully completing this trip which am sure is a dream for many.

Am sure this travelogue will clear the misconception of many people who are not venturing Ladakh just because they do not own an suv. Mahindra Logan is a very capable machine and its trouble free performance on this trip once again redefined its bullet proof reliability.

Rated 5*.
hii ,
am thankful for the warm words and encouragement. Yes the LOGAN is one underestimated vehicle , to put a human element i would say that it has a heart of a Lion and the stamina of a camel .

regards
swsumit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 16:35   #51
BHPian

Just checked your thread. Awesome pics man, full of colors and life.
Kudos for such a fantastic trip.
sidd25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 20:38   #52
BHPian

Dear SWSumit,

Read your log from the first sentence to the last in one sitting as it was so engrossing and with each picture jumping out at you. Your pictures were captivating, beautiful and mesmerising. I salute your ride and as well as you for braving the challenge. That is a 5 star for me.

Regards

Jude
Judemayne is offline   Reply With Quote