Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 19th January 2015, 18:18   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?

Great Report, Could you please share the pictures of the rear modified seats
Visran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 19:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
.......So, I made little changes/fabrications (temporary mods) to the rear and made it as a nice Bed. Added a quilt on top of it, placed some soft pillows cushions and it transformed into a very nice place to be in. We can stretch out legs, lie down and take nap and it was great. All luggage shall be stored underneath it leaving a clean square top.
I love my Thar !
Next day, spent 30 minutes and removed the fabrication in the rear and brought back the Thar to its Factory settings.
I love my Thar !
Made good and informative reading. Your love for the Thar is amply evident from the travelogue.
Me too, kindly post pictures of the temporary mods, if available with you now.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th January 2015 at 19:39.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 20:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Great Report, Could you please share the pictures of the rear modified seats
Here it is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post3608086 (Big Bull - My Mahindra Thar experience...& some mods)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 14:27   #19
BHPian

Great write-up Swami and a lovely Thar you have got there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
Congrats for your nice trip. Nice photos too. Would love to go to these places in my next Ooty visit. Did you engage your 4wd in your travel this time ? The reason trying to figure out if my 2wd drives will go to the places you visited.
Hey Manu - you should not face any problems with your 2WDs. I drove down to Ooty in Nov '14 on my Accent (from Namma Bengaluru) and did not face any problems, even on broken streches of road (yeah, encountered a lot of them!). Although there was this elevated grass area where I had to park my car, it was the only time I felt the necessity of a 4X4 ride. Having said that, was able to tackle it with correct technique (and a little trial and error.. )

Also, if you are planning to visit Ooty, I suggest you to also go through BHPian laluks' thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...fted-ooty.html (Swifted : Ooty)
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 22:45   #20
BHPian

Hi swami69

Great report.
Will you please share the details of the place you stayed? I was looking to travel from Chennai to Ooty, first or second week of next month.
Staying there for a day, max two & then moving on to Kozhikode, before going back home to Bombay.

Thanks
Shanmd is offline   Reply With Quote