Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 13th January 2015, 11:31   #1
BHPian

Default Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?

Dear All,

Family trips over a few hundred kilometers - can they be done only in a Car ? Is a jeep not comfortable ? have many people done this in their jeeps ? Can we go with our family ? many questions. I do not have a car, I only have my Thar, I do not want to go in a train, I do not want to hire a cab, I want to DRIVE ! So, make the Thar comfortable to take my family (daughters aged 16 & 13, wife and myself) on a long trip. It started !

I want my Thar to be Jack of All Trades - I use it as my daily drive, It is capable of occasional offroading, I want to use it as a long distance Tourer.

As many of you know, The Thar is very comfortable for the front Driver and Passenger. The side seats are not suitable for long drives and my kids will hate it and for sure they won't come with me next time on a trip. So, I made little changes/fabrications (temporary mods) to the rear and made it as a nice Bed. Added a quilt on top of it, placed some soft pillows cushions and it transformed into a very nice place to be in. We can stretch out legs, lie down and take nap and it was great. All luggage shall be stored underneath it leaving a clean square top.

Refer to below link for my review and mods

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...some-mods.html (Big Bull - My Mahindra Thar experience...& some mods)

Preparation of the Jeep :
  • Fortunately my first service was due and I completed the same with MPL Mahindra service in OMR, Chennai
  • I witnessed the first service in full standing next to my vehicle and was done in 4 hours.
  • Engine oil drained and changed
  • Oil filter changed
  • I asked them to change the gear box oil as well
  • Wheels rotated
  • Brake pads removed, cleaned and fitted back
  • All electricals checked
  • All fluids topped up
  • Additionally I asked them to change the head light bulbs to a more powerful one and installed a Bosch Relay
  • A good water wash, clean and shiny, delivered
Those guys did a very personal/professional and fantastic job. I learnt the first technicals of a Jeep by standing and observing/asking questions, very cooperative guys.

Ok, the most important aspect of this trip (My Thar) is now ready.

Why Ooty ? it is a wonderful place as you all know and I have not been there for almost 8 years. It is going to give me a thrill of ghat section driving plus a fantastic 4 lane drive from Chennai to enjoy my vehicle. Since this is a first trip and that too with my family, I did not want it to be too adventurous. I wanted a safe place, easy place to approach for help if some thing breaks down etc., these were ringing in my mind and then Ooty it is.

Booked the rooms at KSTDC - Karnatake State Tourism Development Corporation. They have a lodging facility called Mayura Sudharshan in Fern Hill, Ooty. I understand, it was once the guest house of Maharaja of Mysore which was later converted for public consumption. The room rates were Rs. 1600 per night for 4 people (Wife, my 2 daughters, myself) - stayed for 3 nights. All food are chargeable. They provide breakfast and the pricing is reasonable and we can have lunch and dinner a la carte with reasonable prices as well. The quality of food was average to good, not extraordinary.

The rooms were quite large with one bedroom having a queen size bed, an adjacent room having 2 x single beds, then the bathroom. It was OK, that is all, nothing great. I think those guys are running short of manpower and it needs to be maintained much better. Still, those guys took good care of us by bringing hot tea in flasks at appropriate times, catered lunch and dinner and we liked it.

But, one thing, the huge area outside is maintained by the Horticulture department of Karnataka and a fantastic garden. This garden is maintained many times better than the guest house itself.

Now, the trip..

Route - Sholinganallur (Chennai), Tambaram, Tindivanam, Vizhupuram, Ulundurpet, Attur, Vazhapadi, Salem, Sankari, Perundurai, Avinashi, Annur, Mettupalayam, Kotagiri, Ooty. - approx 600 kms

December 27, 2014

The previous day filled the tank to the brim, checked tyre pressures, all electricals, wiped it clean and it was declared FIT.
Bought necessary snacks, fruits and changed Rs. 500 to smaller denominations like Rs. 10, 20 etc., for paying the Tolls on the way
Scheduled departure time was 5.30 a.m.
All of us got up as early as 4.00 a.m., got ready, neatly packed all the luggage underneath our rear bed in the Thar, laid the quilt, pillows and ready to go
We actually departed at 6.00 a.m.
We took the Sholinganallur to Tambaram via Medavakkam route and joined the GST road
The GST road was fantastic and we kept driving in the range of 80-90 kmph and my family wanted the A/C on right from my apartment !! So, The Thar was on Air Conditioning mode for the entire trip except for the lovely ghat section as I gave them an excuse saying the vehicle will loose power if I keep the A/C on as I wanted to enjoy the chill refreshing air. They liked it when we reached the ghats.
By around 8.45 a.m., we were approaching Ulundurpet and looked for A2B which is just 8 kms before the Salem diversion. So, crossed A2B which was on the right, took a U-turn and reached there for break fast.
Had Pongal-Vada, Idly-Vada combinations with South Indian Filter coffee, used the rest rooms and started again - We stopped for around 35 minutes, we have a BPCL station as well incase of fuel requirements. This place actually is very huge and we cannot miss it and the food quality is good.

Shortly we were on the Ulundurpet-Salem road and what to say - it was a fantanstic drive on that road. Not much of traffic, drizzling all the way up to Salem and great. Continued driving, crossed Salem, reached Perundurai and stopped at Aryaas for lunch which was on the other side of the road. We had a simple Curd Rice as lunch since we munched some fruits and snacks post break fast. Safe bet is Curd Rice and it was great with grapes, pomogranate and cashews, fantastic. They again had a large parking space with sufficient clean rest rooms. Spent approx 25 minutes

Filled fuel around this place in a BPCL bunk.

Around 8-10 toll booths and we paid around Rs. 450 in total for the same.

Moved out from Perundurai and kept looking for Avinashi. There is a fly over and we need to be careful to go on the side and take the right underneath it. We actually missed it by few yards, but fortunately stopped and back tracked. Couple of others did that as well. Also, please note that there were few flyovers before this one where they had put bumps on them without any flash markings. If we do not notice and drive through at high speeds, it will be disastrous. Then, we were into the state highway towards Annur and Mettupalayam. The roads again are great and very nice to drive.

We were shortly crossing Mettupalayam and just a km after Mettupalayam, we need to take a right to take the Kotagiri-Ooty road. The road was amazing, well laid out, less traffic and beautiful. We reached Ooty around 5.00 p.m. after buying some tasty freshly plucked carrots on the way.

Now, coming to the drive in my Thar - I was doing an average of 90 kmph with needle sometimes touching 110 kmph. At engine rpm of 2000-2200, we can really enjoy the sweet spot and the Thar is butter smooth. Once you cross this rev point, it becomes little noisy, but once you again reach around 110 kmph with RPM touching 2500-2600 it is back to butter. But, I did not want to do 110 and kept hovering around 90 kmph

My wife was the co-passenger all the way and she felt very comfortable in my modded seats. No stress or strain whatsover. She did not sleep as we played continuously Maestro Ilaiyaraja songs from 70s to 90s. What a legend he is ! so soothing and enjoyable.

My kids were at the back and they were reading books, playing some games in the Tablet and lying down for short naps. Absolutely no difficulty. Only thing I made sure was to go to the back, take their shoes off, put it in a cover when they get on to the rear just to keep it clean.

Breaking was adequate and it was perfectly stable with 4 people and the luggage. The Air conditioning was great as we just kept it in blower position 1 and Thermostat 75%. We can't take anything more than that. May be, because of the roads OR the load factor, I do not know, the vehicle was not bumpy at all at the back and it was a great drive.

In the ghat section, it was effortless with 3rd gear in most places and down shifting to 2nd at some sharp climbs. I was maintaining a descent speed in the ghats with some quick turns of the steering as there were a lot of curves. The Thar handled them perfectly without me having any fear whatsoever. Few places I had to overtake trucks and buses in the Ghats on a climb and there was no dearth of acceleration and it took them with ease.

Checked in, relaxed for some time in the garden, had a good dinner at the resorts itself and retired for the day. Me or my family never felt any extra tiredness or anything of that sort and we were very comfortable.

A2B ULUNDURPET

Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-a2b.jpg
Closer to Ooty
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty1.jpg
Closer to Ooty
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty2.jpg
The KSTDC resort
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty3.jpg
The horticulture garden
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty4.jpg
Just a scenery
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty5.jpg

Some Macro shots using my Tamron 90mm di lens

Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-flower1.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-flower2.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-flower3.jpg

December 28, 2014

We did not want to go to the regular sight seeing places and instead we decided to drive down up to Glenmorgan reservoir. We understand that not many tourists go there. We took the Ooty - Gudalur road and approximately around 18 kms, instead of taking a sharp left to Pykara, we just drove straight into the woods for Glenmorgan. From this point is a 9 km drive and the only vehicles we saw were a state transport bus and one local Bolero. Nothing else. It was a wonderful drive through thick forested area which then opens up into Tea Estates and then to the lake area. Fantastic blue skies and a very serene area. Once we reached there, one lone guard stopped us and said that we cannot proceed any further and cannot take any photos either. We were OK with that and did not push it too much as we did click some pictures on the way and we were happy with the drive itself and satisfied.

On the way to Glenmorgan

Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-glenmorganway.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-glenmorganway1.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-glenmorganway2.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-glenmorganway4.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-glenmorganlake.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty6.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-ooty7.jpg

We drove back and diverted towards Pykara and there we see so many vehicles parked and it was 12.00 p.m and actually it was HOT. We said, enough for the day and slowly started driving back to Ooty enjoying the drive. We looked out for Hotel Shree Saravanas before Charing cross and had a good South Indian lunch (usual, Rasam, Sambhar, Kootu, Curry, Curd, Pickle, Appalam etc.,)

In the evening, we just spent time in the horticultural garden enjoying the greenery, flowers and most importantly the weather. It was not too cold and at the same time with some sunlight, great.

December 30, 2014

Got up early and saw it was raining outside, a nice clean water wash for the Thar. We had a target to reach Avalanche Check post by around 9.30 a.m. to take the forest department sponsored tour to Upper Bhavani.

Had break fast of Bread/Omlette and started towards Avalanche at around 8.30 a.m. The roads to Avalance was wonderful and vistas are very different to this side of Ooty. We passed through some small villages and we crossed the beautiful Emerald Lake. Took couple of snaps from the road and kept moving to Avalanche. A Forest check post stopped us and we signed the register and the guard said that we need to go 3 kms inside the forest to reach the tour spot. He also said not to get down from the vehicle as there may be animals on the way.

This 3 kms stretch was a real test as I do not consider that as a proper road, but all vehicles go through it to reach the tour spot. They had 3 x 20 seater vans and couple of Mahindra Commanders. We had to part our vehicles and need to only go in the department vehicles. So, I parked myThar and we paid Rs. 150 x 4 for the ticket and Rs. 20 for the camera. We had to wait till the bus got filled up. It is supposed to be a 18 kms one way trip covering 3 sight seeing spots.

They stopped at a place called the Cauliflower valley - There were no cauliflowers there, but the canopy of trees in the valley gave a look like Cauliflower. It was very bright and sunny that day as I would have wished a misty/foggy day to my taste in the hills. Anyway, they stopped for few minutes and there was a small water fall which they claimed to have medicinal properties. All the tourists from the bus got down and filled that water into their water bottles. I think that water will get transported to Goa, Kolkata and Gujarat as we had people from these places. The Goan family gave us the water to taste and it was clean and good, that is all I can say.

Then we moved to a place on the way where there was a small temple. It is of Bhavani Amman and 150 years old. This is the spot where the Bhavani river originates which provides water to the Coimbatore and Tirupur districts I guess. All of us got down and my family visited the temple and back again on the bus.

So far, personally it was disappointing to me after reading few things about this tour in many places over the internet including Team-Bhp. May be the weather was too bright and hot or the scenery itself was not appealing, I do not know. Something was seriously missing.

Then we reached the back waters of the Upper Bhavani - I am back !! What a place, what views of the lake, Wonderful, no words to describe the feeling. It was really fantastic to be at that place. This is worth the pain we took. Again, it was hot and sunny and I just visualized this place in foggy, early morning weather, unimaginable. But, this is what we got from this trip. Overall happy/unhappy.

Apart from the group from this bus, there was no human being or anything in the vicinity near the Upper Bhavani lake.

They concluded the trip and brought us back to the starting point. Exchanged good byes with those families and back into Thar.

Moving through that 3 km stretch, there were some noise coming from the front. Guard said, you should not get down - hmm, what to do ? I had to check. Got down, checked the brake area and tapped strongly the plate which protects the front brake disks, got back and drove. Noise gone. My guess is that something like a small stone or a branch got stuck in between the disk and this plate. No events after that and we reached our hotel at 1.30 p.m. where we were treated with a nice buffet lunch that day.

Spent the rest of the day just relaxing which was our original intent. ENJOY THE LONG DRIVE and RELAX !

Cauliflower valley and Upper Bhavani Photos
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-cauliflowervalley.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-upperbhavani1.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-upperbhavani2.jpg
Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?-183.jpg

December 31, 2014

Packed everything, had a nice Tea and left at 7.30 a.m. Down hill drive via CONOOR to Mettupalayam. The roads again are great, but the traffic was more as it was early morning. There were many oncoming trucks, buses and cars, but was Ok. We reach Mettupalayam and were looking for a place to eat. We missing the town hotels and once we turned left into the SH for Annur, we stopped and checked. Two gentlemen said, Sir, there is a very small place to eat homely break fast, but not sure whether you and your family will eat there. I said, boss, it is neat and clean, I do not mind as I do not eat in 5 star hotels every day. Then one of them drove is bike in front of us and directed to that place.

It was basically a tea shop run by an elderly gentleman with a bench on the side to seat 6 people. The Dosas and Idly we had there along with the Chutney/Sambhar cannot be matched in any other hotel. Wow ! Crispy dosas and he poured that nice thick Chutney and Sambhar on top if it so that it becomes partially crispy and partially soaky. Can't describe it anymore, fabulous. Idlies were soft and fluffy, completed with a coffee.

You won't believe, he took Rs. 100 for all of this from us and he was Happy too. Great Taste and may god bless him and his family for providing such a wonderful food for tourist like us.

Then a non-stop drive until Avinashi, stopped to get some news papers and we were on our way towards Salem. At around 12.30 p.m. we stopped at Sree Saravanas in Vaikundam for lunch. This is a huge property with rest rooms, shops, parking etc., We had good south indian meal and relaxed for sometime. This is on the other side of the road and need to take a turn for this place.

Back in Thar and towards Ulundurpet - around 3.30 p.m. stopped at A2B, Ulundurpet and had Pani Pooris and Coffee, filled up the tank and we were off.

Reached Sholinganallur around 6.30 p.m.

Next day, spent 30 minutes and removed the fabrication in the rear and brought back the Thar to its Factory settings.

Total distance travelled - 1400 kms
Fuel average achieved - 12.8 kmpl which includes close to 160 kms of Ghat Section driving.

I love my Thar !

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th January 2015 at 05:46. Reason: You accidentally used 2015 as the year throughout the travelogue. Corrected the same to 2014. :)
swami69 is offline   (34) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Chennai to Ooty family trip - Why not in a Thar?

Great report, thanks for sharing! Happy to see so many travelogues with one of my favourite cars. Two more from the last week:

Sandakphu (Mesmerizing Sandakphu - In a Mahindra Thar)

Himalayas (Driving & Camping: Himalayan Escape in an Audi Q5 & Mahindra Thar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
So, make the Thar comfortable to take my family (daughters aged 16 & 13, wife and myself) on a long trip. It started !

I want my Thar to be Jack of All Trades - I use it as my daily drive, It is capable of occasional offroading, I want to use it as a long distance Tourer.
You sir have just proven why the Thar is a better Jeep. The ol' & crude 540s might have a 30% advantage off the road, but the Thar is 300% superior on the road. The Thar offers significantly better ride quality, road manners, high speed cruising ability...and is simply the better Jeep to live with.

Quote:
I gave them an excuse saying the vehicle will loose power if I keep the A/C on as I wanted to enjoy the chill refreshing air.

Quote:
I was doing an average of 90 kmph with needle sometimes touching 110 kmph. At engine rpm of 2000-2200, we can really enjoy the sweet spot and the Thar is butter smooth.
Only in the Thar. Try this in a 2.1 / 2.5 XDP and you will go deaf.

Quote:
My wife was the co-passenger all the way and she felt very comfortable in my modded seats. No stress or strain whatsover.
. In the 540 & 340 (which I drive), take the wife for such a long drive and there'll be a divorce attorney waiting at the destination.

Keep touring, drive safe!
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Brilliant travelogue! Beautiful, colorful and lively snaps and an equally brilliant drive. Should I say anything more?

Five stars.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:41   #4
BHPian

Excellent Pictures & a great travelogue as well!
You love your Thar don't you, and its really evident from your writing & from you Thar ownership thread as well.
I will make my wife read this travelogue & hope it convinces her that Thar is a regular car material!
Needless to say you have modified it to be suited as a daily drive and it works wonders.
Great Pictures again!
GypsyKing_775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 13:11   #5
BHPian

The places you visited are superb. Ooty trip is there in my to-travel list for 2015, will definitely consider these places !
sajusherief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 15:32   #6
BHPian

Congrats for your nice trip. Nice photos too. Would love to go to these places in my next Ooty visit. Did you engage your 4wd in your travel this time ? The reason trying to figure out if my 2wd drives will go to the places you visited.
ManuMacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 16:02   #7
BHPian

Thanks GTO, Ampere, Gypsyking_775, Sajusherief for all your comments.

Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
Congrats for your nice trip. Nice photos too. Would love to go to these places in my next Ooty visit. Did you engage your 4wd in your travel this time ? The reason trying to figure out if my 2wd drives will go to the places you visited.
Dear ManuMacher, I did not get an opportunity to engage 4x4. I was always in 2WD and a majority of the road we travelled were well laid out and no need for 4WD at all. Only in that forest area before Upper Bhavani, the roads were bad, but even our regular cars were clearing those. While saying that, I should say I did not explore those places as I had my family with me and they were not willing to be adventurous, but I could see a lot of potential on the way to Glenmorgan and Avalanche to divert and engage 4X4, Infact I stopped at couple of places and asked them, should we go in ? and they said NO. So, your 2WD should be no problem.

Swami

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th January 2015 at 05:45. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 16:37   #8
BHPian

To Ooty in a Thar with the maestro Ilayaraja in the background - Perfect combination

Need to say anything more?

It certainly would have been a "soul-moving" experience. Excellent write-up.
Srikanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 17:16   #9
BHPian

Fantastic, your write up kept me mesmerised for quite a while. You have covered some nice places. I was not aware of this forest department tour of Bhavani and the Glenmore trip, now it is on my must see list.

In spite of starting your journey in rains the Thar looks as good as new.

I would suggest on your return from Ooty to take the Coonoor - Kotagiri route to avoid traffic and a better road usually.
majumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 13:02   #10
BHPian

Hi swami69,

Thanks for the detailed and brilliant travelogue! The pictures are colourful and lively. The drive must be wonderful. Would really like to visit Ooty...
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 14:14   #11
BHPian

Lovely travelogue Swamy. And happy to see you take the offbeat locales around the Nilgiris - as opposed to the standard and crowded and much crowded tourist spots. For all the hype to those spots, you only get tired because of the crowd and traffic at Ooty/coonoor. Lovely pictures. Enjoyed reading this. And due to the link you posted on the first post, I could cover and read thru your entire ownership review as well. Loved it.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 11:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi Swamy, thats my kind of trip ..the one which is always in my mind for a long time. Will do it some time

BTW how is the performance for the Taiwanese lights ?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 01:23   #13
BHPian

Hi swami69, that surely was a great trip to be done in one of the most capable Jeeps in India. And not to miss, the pics are really beautiful with a posing Thar with a lush green backdrop. And that color on Thar really looks great!

Just one question, any DIY with the rear seats, making it a flat bed surely makes for a comfortable ride, but what about safety. Not that the side seats are any safe, but for a family travel, I just wish Thar had a more comfortable and safer option of travel.

Your opinion and experience with your setup will help!
justwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 10:42   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Swami69 - I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday. I take this opportunity to humbly thank you for each and every word which you have written in this thread! .

By the way, the canopy is not supposed to have wrinkles. Have you done anything in this area? If it is a production canopy, ask the dealer to correct it, wrinkles are not acceptable. During development in Pune with the vendor, my exact words to him in Hindi were: "wrinkle nahin aana chahiye, paani nahin aana chahiye, fade nahin hona chahiye". These deliverables must be met!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 10:52   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Swamy, thats my kind of trip ..the one which is always in my mind for a long time. Will do it some time

BTW how is the performance for the Taiwanese lights ?
Hi Joshguy, the Taiwanese lights are pretty OK. When I use both my regular headlights (100w/90) and this one together, the throw is really good and wide. It is enough for me at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Hi swami69, that surely was a great trip to be done in one of the most capable Jeeps in India. And not to miss, the pics are really beautiful with a posing Thar with a lush green backdrop. And that color on Thar really looks great!

Just one question, any DIY with the rear seats, making it a flat bed surely makes for a comfortable ride, but what about safety. Not that the side seats are any safe, but for a family travel, I just wish Thar had a more comfortable and safer option of travel.

Your opinion and experience with your setup will help!
Hi justwheels, I agree that this safety question on a Thar always comes up. But, to the specific point of this modification, I did not remove anything and I just added up something for the centre portion to make it as a bed. So, whatever safety came from the factory is still there. Since the seat back rests were in their existing location, the ride was very comfortable for the rear occupants for them to lean and sit, stretch their legs and lie down. Like all of us, I would have wished Thar to be much more safer for long trips, but with whatever we have, this mod really helped me to keep my family comfortable on a 10 hour drive. My rules - do not overspeed, drive only in day time, no heroism, small breaks in between. Over and above these, it is a chance anyway on any vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Swami69 - I am very happy that you enjoyed your holiday. I take this opportunity to humbly thank you for each and every word which you have written in this thread! .

By the way, the canopy is not supposed to have wrinkles. Have you done anything in this area? If it is a production canopy, ask the dealer to correct it, wrinkles are not acceptable. During development in Pune with the vendor, my exact words to him in Hindi were: "wrinkle nahin aana chahiye, paani nahin aana chahiye, fade nahin hona chahiye". These deliverables must be met!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Sir, thanks for your comment. I just noticed those wrinkles in one of the photos and it really highlights a lot with all those shadows. Yes, now, I know the reason for those wrinkles and I guess I am to be blamed for that. I have an insulation mod inside the rear sides and due to this insulation/padding, the fabric just loosens out of the Velcro around the pipe and hence it is not stretched and tight. I will try to get this sorted out quickly to get the wrinkles out of it. Thanks once again for pointing this out.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote