Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 2nd February 2016, 09:25   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: W.E.S.T. - Western End from Southern Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
Hey Hemanth, I am not too sure on the complete ban of alcohol in Gujarat. A friend of mine in Ahmedabad mentioned that many of 5 and 7 star hotels have permits to serve alcohol. Further, if you are a tourist or in Gujarat for short visit, apparently you can get a permit to buy drinks by showing your arrival air ticket etc, the permit being valid for a week. Though I am not too sure how that works.
I will allow our TBHPians from Gujarat to vouch for it
Maybe next time you are in Gujarat you can have a tequila on the Rann... Just carry the lemon, plenty of salt around anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
There may be. Lets anyway not discuss about it more; it will be against TBHP rules

You can legally as a non GJ Resident and there are again there are rules on when and where you can comsume (definitely not Public places anyway). It is a licence, well almost and comes with at least 20 points on the back of that signed and stamped piece of paper.

Like Hemant says, this isn't something we can discuss on Public forum .
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:20   #62
BHPian

Wow. The efforts you took in compiling this epic travelogue is just amazing. You should seriously consider creating your own travel blog. Your trip also proves what a reliable machine the Punto is. It must be a bliss on the highways, and sitting in a tank gives you a peace of mind.

I have a question, sorry if you have answered this before, did you use any app to record all the fuel and other expenses?

Thank you once again for inspiring many like me. We live in a beautiful country and one must explore it well before venturing in a broader world.

We all are waiting for the answer to, "What Next?" !!
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:16   #63
BHPian

An absolute treat !!! Amazing story telling and brilliant pictures. Thanks for sharing tons of information through your article. Here's wishing you the best for your next adventure
ayadalam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 17:17   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadalam View Post
An absolute treat !!! Amazing story telling and brilliant pictures. Thanks for sharing tons of information through your article. Here's wishing you the best for your next adventure
Thank you very much ayadalam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I have a question, sorry if you have answered this before, did you use any app to record all the fuel and other expenses?

Thank you once again for inspiring many like me. We live in a beautiful country and one must explore it well before venturing in a broader world.

We all are waiting for the answer to, "What Next?" !!
Thanks Dieselritzer

I used no app to record these data. A simple notepad and a pen in the top glovebox of the car is all we used.

All expenses were written in the notepad as and when we spent.
Whenever we changed the driver, we noted the ODO
Whenever I filled up petrol, we wrote the ODO, fuel pricing and fuel filed
Toll tickets-we took photos on the camera.

The co-passenger is thereby kept busy most of the times
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2016, 19:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hemanth,

Thank you for this travelogue. This travelogue has started a discussion amongst a few close friends. Here is hoping that something materialises.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 15:57   #66
BHPian

Hemanth,

In barney stinson style I would like to say
Your travelogue's are legen -- wait for it. dary!
I have read We ran out of road! , N.E.W.S. and this travelogue. The way you presented with your narration and pictures were amazing along with the information you have provided.

That's an awesome Punto you got.

@avinashsg - Your Safari a.k.a "AIRAVATHA" with the two elephants is just superb. Awesome vehicle.

Just keep going guys. Good Luck.
gm_arun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2016, 09:33   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Hemanth,
Thank you for this travelogue. This travelogue has started a discussion amongst a few close friends. Here is hoping that something materialises.
govigov, Happy that it has ignited a spark. All the best to you. Hope your plan materialises and we get to see something good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_arun View Post
Hemanth,
In barney stinson style I would like to say
Your travelogue's are legen -- wait for it. dary!
I have read We ran out of road! , N.E.W.S. and this travelogue. The way you presented with your narration and pictures were amazing along with the information you have provided.
Thank you very much gm_arun

Quote:
That's an awesome Punto you got.
Thank you. How much ever people including I curse Fiat India, they make some really good cars.

Quote:
@avinashsg - Your Safari a.k.a "AIRAVATHA" with the two elephants is just superb. Awesome vehicle.
Everytime I sit in this vehicle, just the commanding position is enough to bring a smile on my face.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:25   #68
BHPian

Amazing narration and pictures are a visual treat. The stats are very helpful! Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'll use your travelogue as a guide to plan my trip.
grkonweb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote