Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th March 2015, 00:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Writing with my feet - How I traversed the hills of Kumaon on foot

You sir, are blessed with an eye, and a talent for sharing those ethereal snaps accompanied by some quality philosophical writing. Thanks for sharing!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 02:31   #32
BHPian

Hello RevvMusic

Firstly, I would like to tell you that I couldn't resist myself from reading the whole travelogue once I started reading it. A brilliant write-up using the perfect words which would attract a person to read it properly, word by word. I'm a nature lover and those pics made me feel very fresh. You've clicked amazing pics. Proper blend of clicking and editing pics, they're pure wallpaper material. Hope to see more travelogues from you like this and of course with more and more pics.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 10:36   #33
BHPian

" " SILENCE. For about 15min I was lost reading, re-reading, opening pics, zooming in..and then had to come out of the trance. I've reached the end of the log. It's as if I fell into "The Pensive" from Harry Potter, if you know what I mean.

"We are cynical creatures, and this planet doesn't really need us. It's we who need this planet for our survival."
Whenever I felt I'm alone in my thoughts, I meet like-minded people echoing my thoughts, it feels so good; at least I'm not alone.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 11:31   #34
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Writing with my feet - How I traversed the hills of Kumaon on foot

Wonderful pictures and equally delightful narrative. What makes this one stand out from others is the ‘human’ part.

Most of the travelogues have people driving/taking a flight, halting at a location and then following up with a travelogue. Nothing wrong with this approach either.

But here, you walked, explored, experienced and then put it down. Atleast I felt the emotion and energy with you.

Thanks for sharing. 5 stars.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 13:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
From ski slopes to deserts to tiger reserves, we truly have a nation which affords photo-ops at almost every other corner.
It was mesmerizing but calling some sections "roads" would be stretching the definition.
The travelogue makes me want to book tickets and go on my next break to this place.
You're absolutely right. Our country is blessed by Nature in all it's forms. About the bad roads, well, this famous saying holds so true : "Bad roads lead to great destinations". Some areas of the Himalayas are still well preserved just because they don't have an easy access. Otherwise, tourists would litter even those places too. And this is where our "feet", the hero of this travelogue emerges into the scene. Our feet can take us to the most inaccessible of places and gives us that utmost freedom of movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Looking at these photographs, it seems to have brought back a lot of memories (I've grown up in exactly similar areas) and re-ignited my dream. This, my friend, is the best compliment I can give you. I shall undertake my journey, soon, once I get my priorities sorted.

Rated 5 stars. Not because this thread deserves it. Because this thread commands it.
I'm so glad that my journey could touch you in whatever small way it has. Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
The photography is majestic as almost everybody has commented, but I want to also say how superb your writing is too. The prose, at times, transcends into sheer poetry. Wonderful reading.

If you write more travelogues like this, I fear that we may have to rechristen this forum Brake Feet Power
Thanks a lot sir. I'm happy that you could relate to the poetry hidden in the prose. Also, that's a quite unusual and creative compliment by the way. I hope GTO is not listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly8843 View Post
It's absolutely an awesome experience to read your journey which makes me feel more closure to nature. The pictures are thoughtful and captures the essence of the beautiful land. I have always believed that to get close to nature you need to walk hand in hand with nature which you have done exaclty and I congratulate you for the decission.Rated a wel deserved 5 star.
Indeed! The best way to experience nature is by walking. Because, our vehicles and roads can only take us to a certain extent, but the real raw beauty lies beyond the point where the roads end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Hello RevvMusic

Firstly, I would like to tell you that I couldn't resist myself from reading the whole travelogue once I started reading it. A brilliant write-up using the perfect words which would attract a person to read it properly, word by word. I'm a nature lover and those pics made me feel very fresh. You've clicked amazing pics. Proper blend of clicking and editing pics, they're pure wallpaper material. Hope to see more travelogues from you like this and of course with more and more pics.

Regards,
Swapnil
That's so nice of you Swapnil to have read it in one go. Much thanks, and lot more such travelogues are in the making. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
" " SILENCE. For about 15min I was lost reading, re-reading, opening pics, zooming in..and then had to come out of the trance. I've reached the end of the log. It's as if I fell into "The Pensive" from Harry Potter, if you know what I mean.

"We are cynical creatures, and this planet doesn't really need us. It's we who need this planet for our survival."
Whenever I felt I'm alone in my thoughts, I meet like-minded people echoing my thoughts, it feels so good; at least I'm not alone.
I'm elated, sir. Thoroughly elated. I too have this feeling of being alone in these thoughts. Just then, someone proves me wrong. And I'm happy that I'm proven wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Wonderful pictures and equally delightful narrative. What makes this one stand out from others is the ‘human’ part.

Most of the travelogues have people driving/taking a flight, halting at a location and then following up with a travelogue. Nothing wrong with this approach either.

But here, you walked, explored, experienced and then put it down. Atleast I felt the emotion and energy with you.

Thanks for sharing. 5 stars.
Sir, I'm glad that you could thoroughly relish the real essence of this journey, i.e. the human part that you have mentioned. Thanks for the 5 stars

Last edited by RevvMusic : 26th March 2015 at 13:29.
RevvMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2015, 20:49   #36
BHPian

mesmerizing Captures, Fell in love with the pictures and Well written Travelogue.

Your Travelogue is one of a kind.

Great efforts & brilliant escapade.

Cheers
Josh
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 16:00   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Not able to get over it! It is the magic of Himalayas and the brilliant pictures that bring me again and again to this thread. Why don't you share the rest of the journey with us (to and fro)? I am sure with your pictures, you can make that pretty interesting too.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 16:22   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Writing with my feet - Walking through the Kumaon hills

Holy Cow !!!. Your writeup and your pictures deserve 5 stars. I had read about Kumaon only in Jim Corbett's memoir - Man-Eaters of Kumaon and had formed my own image of Kumaon back in my mind. I'm getting goosebumps every time I check your pictures.
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 16:29   #39

The grandeur of Himalayas leaves everyone overwhelmed yet gives the peace one yearns for. Having spent a good seven years in north, I still crave for the times when I could reach out to these mountains and valleys. The flora and fauna of this ecosystem is unmatched.
Thanks for posting this great Travelogue, well complemented with equally beautiful pictures!
sinhavivek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 16:03   #40
BHPian

Splendid photography complimented by beautiful words.

One of the best travelogues I have come across on Team-BHP.

The other which made me glued to my screen and I fondly remember is tsk1979's "Iceland: A song of Ice and Fire".

Your work took me further to your other travelogue on Team-BHP as well as to your website which is clean and uncluttered and has little, but collections of photographs worthy to mesmerize anyone.
utsav1303 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 16:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
mesmerizing Captures, Fell in love with the pictures and Well written Travelogue.

Your Travelogue is one of a kind.

Great efforts & brilliant escapade.

Cheers
Josh
Thanks a lot Josh for going through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not able to get over it! It is the magic of Himalayas and the brilliant pictures that bring me again and again to this thread. Why don't you share the rest of the journey with us (to and fro)? I am sure with your pictures, you can make that pretty interesting too.

Regards.
Saket bhai, the pleasure is all mine. So glad to know that this thread attracts you this much. It is definitely the magic and the love for the Himalayas that we both share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Holy Cow !!!. Your writeup and your pictures deserve 5 stars. I had read about Kumaon only in Jim Corbett's memoir - Man-Eaters of Kumaon and had formed my own image of Kumaon back in my mind. I'm getting goosebumps every time I check your pictures.
Thanks a lot for the 5 stars, sir, and for writing in those nice words. They will keep me motivated to post even better travelogues in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhavivek View Post
The grandeur of Himalayas leaves everyone overwhelmed yet gives the peace one yearns for. Having spent a good seven years in north, I still crave for the times when I could reach out to these mountains and valleys. The flora and fauna of this ecosystem is unmatched.
Thanks for posting this great Travelogue, well complemented with equally beautiful pictures!
So very true, sir. Once bitten by the Himalayan bug, it is impossible to find a cure. You might be physically present somewhere, but your soul always wanders in those magical valleys of the high Himalayas. Everytime you close your eyes, those mountains are the only things that you can see. It's magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsav1303 View Post
Splendid photography complimented by beautiful words.

One of the best travelogues I have come across on Team-BHP.

The other which made me glued to my screen and I fondly remember is tsk1979's "Iceland: A song of Ice and Fire".

Your work took me further to your other travelogue on Team-BHP as well as to your website which is clean and uncluttered and has little, but collections of photographs worthy to mesmerize anyone.
Sir, that's quite an extraordinary compliment that you have bestowed upon me. Don't know whether my travelogue deserves that stature or not, but definitely a million thanks to you.
Glad to know that you have browsed through my website too. Hope you liked my music as well. Eager to hear from you

Last edited by RevvMusic : 20th May 2015 at 16:15.
RevvMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 21:53   #42
BHPian

Just stumbled upon this fantastic thread while I wanted to read some as I am compiling my own! Wonderfully written RevvMusic! Brilliant writeup and superb shots, just what was needed for a good Saturday night sleep. I just have to visit this place someday, seems like a dream through your camera. Please write more travelogues and share them here.

I know my post doesn't add any value but couldn't resist myself as I can't thank you enough for this.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is online now   Reply With Quote