Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th October 2015, 17:22   #16
Default Re: New Delhi > Lucknow > Kolkata: A Long Awaited Drive

Dear Vipin babu,

Congrats for such a detailed write-up, complete with relevant pictures. My trip will take up exactly your route, but from kolkta - lucknow - kathgodam. then on return - kathgodam - varanasi - gaya - kolkta. Should i follow your route or you want to advise some better route. Perhaps some roads, you want me to avoid. Any hotels you want us to avoid, in the list. or recommend. Your advise is very much solicited. I plan to start on saturday 17th, morning.

dr. sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 01:17   #17
Default Re: New Delhi > Lucknow > Kolkata: A Long Awaited Drive

Hi Dr. Sen,

You must have taken NH 2 from Kolkata to Varanasi already. Please avoid NH 56 from there to Lucknow. The roads are very bad. Instead you can choose Varanasi - Allahabad bypass - Raebareilly route to Lucknow. It is 30 kms extra but it is worth the effort.

From Lucknow, you have to be on the NH 24 for sometime. Road upto Sitapur (80 kms) is superfine but then upto Bareilly will be bad with intermittent motorable patches. You have to live with it anyway if you are choosing any other short cut. I am not aware if any too.

Let us know once it is done. In between you are welcome to make any enquiry. Apologies for this delay too.

Happy driving.

Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote