Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th May 2017, 09:49   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Heaven! A ride to the village of Bonacaud

A picture is worth a thousand words and this travelogue proves just that. Awesome photos and a nice story and doing it all on a two wheeler adds its own charm.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!!
sunny310c is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 16:29   #17
BHPian

This is one awesome photo-louge. Thank you Freakmuzik. It is indeed a very scenic place and I have always put it on the waitlist of quite long. I generally frequent the Meenmutti falls and Ponmudi as its easier to handle with a kid in tow, but this is pure bliss! I must do a quick trip to Bonacaud soon.
On the other hand, I did visit the Nedumangad Koyyikkal palace when it was open and have posted a few snippets from that visit on my blog www.neutronabalance.blogspot.in I have also tried to list a few other interesting spots around Trivandrum. That said, I do see quite a few TVMites on this forum, can I request for a meet up sometime for a group drive/ride?
theroadrunner is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 18:20   #18
BHPian

Excellent snaps and narration, I remember reading elsewhere about the haunted bungalow of Bonacad. Some of these offbeat places offer a wonderful experience than visiting a crowded popular tourist spot. Keep exploring...
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 20:27   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Wow very beautiful pictures and detailed travelogue. Fell in love woth the nature. This might be my retirement location.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 10:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words and this travelogue proves just that. Awesome photos and a nice story and doing it all on a two wheeler adds its own charm.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!!
Thank you so much. The two wheeler ride was the prime reason for this sort of an intimate experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadrunner View Post
This is one awesome photo-louge. Thank you Freakmuzik. It is indeed a very scenic place and I have always put it on the waitlist of quite long. I generally frequent the Meenmutti falls and Ponmudi as its easier to handle with a kid in tow, but this is pure bliss! I must do a quick trip to Bonacaud soon.
On the other hand, I did visit the Nedumangad Koyyikkal palace when it was open and have posted a few snippets from that visit on my blog www.neutronabalance.blogspot.in I have also tried to list a few other interesting spots around Trivandrum. That said, I do see quite a few TVMites on this forum, can I request for a meet up sometime for a group drive/ride?
Thank you! And yes, we should all have a meet soon. That would be so good. And the link that you posted doesn't seem to work. Can you kindly check it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Excellent snaps and narration, I remember reading elsewhere about the haunted bungalow of Bonacad. Some of these offbeat places offer a wonderful experience than visiting a crowded popular tourist spot. Keep exploring...
Thank you! Such places truly give you peace and a varied approach to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Wow very beautiful pictures and detailed travelogue. Fell in love woth the nature. This might be my retirement location.
Thank you!

And i also wanted to share an interesting thing. In one of the temples that I have pictured, there was a festival happening last month and the priest had asked if i was interested to accompany him. I was so once again happy and agreed. This time I took the bus to bonacaud (morning 5 am from Thampanoor Bus Stand). En route, there were lot more people in the bus. As I reached bonacaud, I could notice so many vehicles including buses, mini vans, taxis along with many tiny stalls that sell fancy items. This was connected with a Church festival right in Bonacaud where they gather people from the city to walk from somewhere near the tea factory to a hill with a Cross. This temple is right in the middle of the path to the hill. Yes, there definitely is some tension between communities where I heard people talking about conversions and issues. But let's leave that aside since it's a sensitive issue to be discussed on this forum. What I want to mention here is how the entry of too many people into such a conserved space is actually destroying the place. The few people taking part in the temple festival were throwing away thermocol plates and other plastic waste into the cliff and there were so many. When I asked them about it, they said it's thermocol and it will go away slowly. I had to give a lecture to convey them the consequences. The people coming from outside for the church festival were walking along the entire stretch. That has generated a lot of waste including plastic bags, remains of ice creams, etc. and lot more. Plus, making the entire road active during the whole one month of this walk, most wild animals retreat back. And that's the beginning of how we created human settlements by pushing away the wildlife. I smell a similar stir in this beautiful little place, which is saddening. I thought of offering the priest a bundle of eco-friendly disposable plates or buy a set of reusable plates for their festival use. There are hardly 40 people to take part in the temple festival so it would suffice. If you have any other ideas, please do let me know.

It shows how important it is to have a properly functioning legal body in order to protect such places. In the name of religion, people just ignore everything including nature. And the native people, who are not exposed to the ill effects of plastic and other forms of pollution, don't really know how to live a sustainable life with the modern market offering so little in an environment friendly package. I really wish such things are banned in a place where it is not yet a human-centric living. I really wanted to convey this because if you ever plan to go there, please make sure you take utmost care to not litter such places. Also, its a need of the hour to spread awareness to save such places.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 09:55   #21
BHPian

Apologies freakmuzik for the spelling oversight. The blog is: http://neutronbalance.blogspot.in/

Pls do PM me to connect offline.
theroadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote