Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 20th May 2015, 21:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Read that in one go. Simply Brilliant. 7k Kms man, in 2 weeks. Thats something now. I have never gone beyond 550 kms .

Thoroughly enjoyed the narration and the pics. And kudos to your family for being so supportive and enjoying the journey alongwith you. Its not easy for kids to travel such distances by road. Very nice.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 21:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for this update HVK sir. Do you have a link/details of this announcement ? A friend was asking just in case he is stopped by cops in Gujarat
It came on March 2.
Don't worry, GJ cops don't bother any one any more

7618 kms Summer Road-Trip: Bangalore -> Kausani (Uttarakhand) -> Kanyakumari-10413340_10205177545909692_7669903311203293000_n.jpg
hvkumar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 09:19   #48
BHPian

Dear Arun,

Awesome !!!. The pics, the videos, the roads, the machine and the most important FAMILY support, all combined together sure is an unforgettable experience for you and an amazing reading, drooling experience for us.
All in all the machine kept you happy, the shopping kept memsaab happy and kids kept both of you happy. Road trips like these are a true way of experiencing many things and good to see many people extended their hand in an unknown land at the needed hour ( locals ).
As I said earlier you have clocked approximately half the distance in 2 weeks of what another adventurous family is doing cross country in the linea.
Currently I continue to be happy with my short sprints less than 2000 km ( another one in planning next month), but this is one of those threads which keeps ringing a thought in my head " Mera number kab aayegaa".

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 21st May 2015 at 09:25.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 11:10   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Read that in one go. Simply Brilliant. 7k Kms man, in 2 weeks. Thats something now. I have never gone beyond 550 kms .
Thanks Desmosedici!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Dear Arun,

Awesome !!!. The pics, the videos, the roads, the machine and the most important FAMILY support, all combined together sure is an unforgettable experience for you and an amazing reading, drooling experience for us.
Currently I continue to be happy with my short sprints less than 2000 km ( another one in planning next month), but this is one of those threads which keeps ringing a thought in my head " Mera number kab aayegaa".
Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks Pradeep!
Yes, these memories will last for life time.
Best of luck for your plans and hope your number is called soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Looks like airport runway isn't,
IAF jet lands successfully on Yamuna expressway today.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/47366158.cms

arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 11:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Vow, that's one hell of a trip. 7500+ kms with family is a great achievement - kudos to your family, particularly the little ones

The narrative is excellent - crisp and very readable

And you ended the trip in good old Nagercoil. No snaps from 'Naroil'?
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 11:21   #51
BHPian

Arun awesome drive man!!! Cheers to you, your family and most important of all the bullet proof Linea
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 12:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Arun. This type of a family vacation is a dream for many like me. Hats off to you and your family for completing such a long driving vacation . The pictures and the points you have mentioned give out a clear picture of the experience you had during this trip. Thanks for taking the time to post this travelogue.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 12:39   #53
BHPian

Thank you Arun for the valuable inputs.
So we will stick with self driven car to be on the safer side.
igybeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 13:56   #54
BHPian

Fantastic travelogue, Arun. Felt like I drove through all this. Kudos to your family.
Reminds me of a mammoth I had done on a bullet years back. My spine took some beating.
Hope you are all in the pink of your health!

Cheers
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 14:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Day 5: Agra-Nainital

You are a courageous person to take along two kids on a 7.5k kms road trip. Kudos. Enjoyed your write up

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Looks like airport runway isn't,
[/list]
I read in today's TOI app that the Air force just concluded successfully the testing of landing & Take off of a fighter plane on this same expressway.

Edit: heres the link on T-bhp
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...xpressway.html

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 21st May 2015 at 14:08.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 14:58   #56
BHPian

Congratulations Arun! I started to read this thread just because it had Linea in the front page but continued reading it as it got very interesting.

Have to make a special mention about your effort to take so much details about kms and time and other data in a family trip. This is what amazes me the most. It is possible with friends but family with two kids and collecting such details on the way. Unbelievable!
klassics45 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 20:44   #57
BHPian

Truly Amazed !! Woow, what a drive, Excellent travelogue,.

Just little curios to know , is that you are the only driver or your spouse also drive ?
trtraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 20:52   #58
BHPian

There were three heroes of the trip - your two kids and Italian beauty. Am surprised you could cover many locations in 2 weeks time. Believe a neat planning would have helped to achieve this.

Could not believe you used mobile phone and point-and-shoot camera, the pictures are fantastic.
couswheels is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 23:26   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
And you ended the trip in good old Nagercoil. No snaps from 'Naroil'?
Thanks mallumowgli!
Ha..Didn't know that there are Naroil fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Arun awesome drive man!!! Cheers to you, your family and most important of all the bullet proof Linea
Thanks ron_9191!
Yes the Linea held up beautifully!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Congratulations Arun. This type of a family vacation is a dream for many like me. Hats off to you and your family for completing such a long driving vacation .
Thanks a lot, addyhemmige!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igybeck View Post
Thank you Arun for the valuable inputs.
So we will stick with self driven car to be on the safer side.
Great! As mentioned in this thread, for Nainital-Kausani, take the Almora route for good tarmac. Have a nice vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Fantastic travelogue, Arun.
Hope you are all in the pink of your health!
Cheers
Thanks, FuelInjector. Yes, we are all fine.
Some time back we did Hyderabad - Trichy, 985 Kms (through chennai) in close to 15 hours. Kids enjoyed that drive too and gave me the confidence for this long stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
You are a courageous person to take along two kids on a 7.5k kms road trip. Kudos. Enjoyed your write up
Thanks vinit.merchant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Congratulations Arun!This is what amazes me the most. It is possible with friends but family with two kids and collecting such details on the way. Unbelievable!
Thanks klassics45!
I basically clicked the ODO/Trip meter every now and then which helped to collect most of the details. My wife helped to keep the toll receipts safe from the kids. So, we managed to collect some data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Truly Amazed !! Woow, what a drive, Excellent travelogue,.

Just little curios to know , is that you are the only driver or your spouse also drive ?
Thanks trtraj!
It was only me :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
There were three heroes of the trip - your two kids and Italian beauty. Am surprised you could cover many locations in 2 weeks time. Believe a neat planning would have helped to achieve this.

Could not believe you used mobile phone and point-and-shoot camera, the pictures are fantastic.
Thanks couswheels!
Yes, we did plan a lot and we ere prepared for any last minute changes as well.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2015, 01:25   #60
BHPian

That's an incredible feat Arun!! Kudos. I know The Linea drives well but this much, I did not expect. A true testimony to Beauty with Brains. Kausani is an amazing place to be in. I visited it in August 2013 on my Royal Enfield Classic and the high & curvy roads were simply amazing to drive through. Did you happen to visit the Tea Gardens? This is one major attraction there.
AstaAddict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote