Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th February 2016, 17:42   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Call of the wild : Western Arunachal in a Mahindra Thar

@earthian, thanks a lot and please find the answers in line, however I could not answer all of them.

Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Beautiful narration and pictures. thank you very much.
Am planning to head out there. A few questions, if i may:
  1. Do we have to take the DC permission as well as the army permission for going to border areas? If we have contacts in the army, would the army permission be enough?

The permission from DC office will be enough for visiting Bumla. Frankly I have no idea about the army permissions. Usually army permits are enough
    in the border areas, but please do not take my word for it.
  2. Are the permits multiple entry or single entry only?

Permits to Bumla are for a single day with the date mentioned. If you cannot make it on that date for some reason, a fresh permit has to be taken.
  3. do the photographs of all travelling need to be taken or only the person in whose name the permit is issued?

Photographs of all the people traveling are needed.
  4. do the names of all travellers have to be mentioned in the permit or say XYZ+3?

The names of all the travellers have to be given
  5. which are the other special entry areas?

I know about Bumla only. If permit is needed to go beyond Zemithang, I am not aware of it.
  6. any idea about the permit issues for Mizoram and Nagaland?

No idea sir :-(

Thank you
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote