Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 20th July 2015, 21:39   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Thengumarahada - Unexplored Heaven for Wildlife & Offroaders

Wonderful pictures and write up sriram! its really fortunate that you were able to see as well as photograph so much game. This took me back to my childhood years, growing up reading kenneth anderson, among others he mentions Moyar valley in 'the black rogue of Moyar valley'
also nice HT on that Thar, which one is it?
@tatsago nice picture, that looks like paradise!
famousshoes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 10:25   #17
BHPian

Just wow and completely agree that the restrictions have to be in place. Not everyone should be allowed to just walk in, grab a permission and mess around. Thanks a lot for sharing.
rav11stars is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 17:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Thengumarahada - Unexplored Heaven for Wildlife & Offroaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
If you are interested in both off-roading and wildlife spotting, then Thengumarahada is THE PLACE.

Hope you all enjoyed my first post in TeamBHP and I am sure you will be interested to visit Thengumarahada.
Thanks for the excellent travelogue, sriramaero

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I love this place after reading your travelogue. I do hope that this place does not become a popular tourist destination. It has to stay just like it is now.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 15:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
. This took me back to my childhood years, growing up reading kenneth anderson, among others he mentions Moyar valley in 'the black rogue of Moyar valley'
@tatsago nice picture, that looks like paradise!
Good to see another KA fan here. In case you are not aware of it, there is a facebook group dedicated to KA and there is a lot of information and rare photos there.

I dont think the exact location of the famous boulder from Moyar valley has been found as yet.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...asinagudi.html (From Chaotic Bangalore to Calm Masinagudi) has my account of a somewhat in KA footsteps but far from it. You might find it interesting

Deepak
deepak_misra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 15:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
I dont think the exact location of the famous boulder from Moyar valley has been found as yet.
Even if the location is found, will it be possible to trek to visit the same. It may away from the road considering the geography.

Also, I had, few days back while searching for some details about Masinagudi came across your thread.

Noticed that you had mentioned about Chemmatham temple in the same, however the external link you mentioned is not working. Can you please check the same, or post the those details in your travelogue.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 10:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Even if the location is found, will it be possible to trek to visit the same. It may away from the road considering the geography.

Also, I had, few days back while searching for some details about Masinagudi came across your thread.

Noticed that you had mentioned about Chemmatham temple in the same, however the external link you mentioned is not working. Can you please check the same, or post the those details in your travelogue.
I will check up with more die hard KA fans regarding the location of the rock.

Link for the temple is http://blog.deepakmisra.com/2009/05/chemmanatham.html

Please do post photos in case you visit. People who have read the story do get an eerie feeling when they visit the temple, self included.
deepak_misra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote