Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 11th July 2017, 16:56   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Iran - Amazing People, History, Cities & Food

Thank you for this post. Like some of the people commented, I didnt know Iran had so much to offer. The western media has completely muddled my perception of this country. I knew they had a long and rich history but I didnt know their country (of those that were visible for us from your lenses) are so neat, wide open spaces, and lovely architecture and well preserved. Thank you again
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 18:11   #32
BHPian

There is a Gurudwara also in Tehran (Iran) known as Gurdwara Sahib (Bhai Ganga Singh Sabha).

As per details on Internet, the gurudwara was founded in 1941 by Bhai Ganga Singh Sabha Teheran. Religious celebrations include morning and evening prayers, Guru-Ka-Langer every Friday after the Akhand Path. Community services include establishment of a school, teaching of Punjabi and Dharmik (Divinity) forms an integral part of the curriculum.

There are about 800 members of the Sikh community in the area.

Address: Avenue Hedayat, Avenue Tonkabon, Opp. Iran Hospital, Post Box 11365-557, Mesjed Henidyah, Teheran (Iran)

Source:
https://www.allaboutsikhs.com/world-...dwaras-in-iran

Even, our Prime Minister Mr. Modi visited the Gurudwara during his two-day tour to Iran in 2016. Source: http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/...e_1887985.html

Here are a few YouTube videos:-

embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 15:03   #33
BHPian

Amazing pictures. Thank you for taking the pains to catalogue and upload your travel.

I have been contemplating visiting Iran for some time now. I work for the Exports division of an engineering company and my work takes me to many countries but I have never been to Iran. My colleagues who have visited the country are full of praise for the people, the place and the food.
Ferruccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 16:53   #34

I had always imagined Iran from a movie director's point of view and found it pretty but never imagined that it is doable as well! Thank You for showing us the way. The photos are brilliant! Did you come across any female tourist during your trip?
Teesta is offline   Reply With Quote